VATICAN - During the Angelus Pope Francis recalls Childhood Mission Day
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - After praying the Angelus with the faithful gathered in St. Peter's Square, on Monday, January 6, the feast of the Epiphany, the Holy Father said: "the Pontifical Mission Society of the Holy Childhood marks its mission day on Epiphany. Many children carry out works of solidarity among their peers in their parishes, thus widening the horizons of their brotherhood. Dear children, with your prayers and commitment you collaborate in the mission of the Church. Thank you for this and I give you my blessing". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 07/01/2014)
- 2014-10-01 - The feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, opens the Mission Month
- 2014-09-24 - Pope's appeal to the countries of Africa affected by the ebola virus
- 2014-09-22 - Bishops, called to give "a genuine missionary impulse" to their diocesan communities
- 2014-09-13 - "Strong families are our best defense against poverty": meeting on the role of the family in the global economic crisis
- 2014-08-19 - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers
- 2014-08-18 - Press release of the Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans
- 2014-08-13 - Declaration of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
- 2014-08-12 - Cardinal Fernando Filoni leaves today for Iraq.
- 2014-08-11 - Pope Francis meets with Cardinal Fernando Filoni, his Envoy in Iraq
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"