AFRICA/KENYA - Food, clothing, shelter, water: emergency for Sudanese refugees
Kakuma (Agenzia Fides) - Until January 3, 2273 Sudanese refugees arrived in the Kakuma camp, at the Holy Cross parish in Kenya, where there are over 130 thousand people of different African nationalities. A note by ANS, sent to Fides Agency, states that refugees continue to arrive since the unrest began in Sudan. Many are found in the street, others move on foot and it is expected that the number will increase in coming days. For the moment, since there is no place, the United Nations High Commissariat for Refugees (UNHCR) has identified some schools to accommodate these new arrivals seeking asylum. They need everything from food to clothing, shelter and water. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 07/01/2014)
- 2014-01-07 AFRICA/KENYA - Food, clothing, shelter, water: emergency for Sudanese refugees
- 2013-11-19 AFRICA/KENYA - Polio alert in the Horn of Africa: planned vaccination campaigns for millions of children
- 2013-11-11 AFRICA/KENYA - Agreement for the repatriation of one million Somali refugees
- 2013-11-09 AFRICA/KENYA - The Bishops of Kenya: insecurity, corruption and greed devastate the nation
- 2013-10-24 AFRICA/KENYA - Evangelical leaders in Mombasa: we will not be intimidated by the murder of two pastors"
- 2013-10-02 AFRICA/KENYA – Interreligious prayer for the victims of the attack at the Westgate Mall
- 2013-09-27 AFRICA/KENYA - Controversy over the assault at Westgate
- 2013-09-25 AFRICA/KENYA – End of the siege at the mall in Nairobi. Cardinal Njue visits the wounded
- 2013-09-24 AFRICA/KENYA – Attack in Nairobi: A Bishop invites to pray also via twitter
- 2013-09-23 AFRICA/KENYA - Religious leaders united: "we are convinced beyond doubt that the attempt to sow seeds of discord between Christians and Muslims will fail"