AFRICA/KENYA - Food, clothing, shelter, water: emergency for Sudanese refugees
Kakuma (Agenzia Fides) - Until January 3, 2273 Sudanese refugees arrived in the Kakuma camp, at the Holy Cross parish in Kenya, where there are over 130 thousand people of different African nationalities. A note by ANS, sent to Fides Agency, states that refugees continue to arrive since the unrest began in Sudan. Many are found in the street, others move on foot and it is expected that the number will increase in coming days. For the moment, since there is no place, the United Nations High Commissariat for Refugees (UNHCR) has identified some schools to accommodate these new arrivals seeking asylum. They need everything from food to clothing, shelter and water. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 07/01/2014)
- 2014-11-24 - Security measures have been intensified in front of churches after the massacre of the bus
- 2014-11-19 - AFRICA/KENYA – Joint tests of Church and State on the tetanus vaccine considered a means of birth control
- 2014-11-11 - The government presents a commission of inquiry on the tetanus vaccination after the protests of the Church
- 2014-11-07 - Bishops reaffirm: "tetanus vaccination is a program of population control in disguise"
- 2014-11-04 - The comfort of the Church for the victims of the attack in the area of Lake Turkana
- 2014-10-17 - The Bishops: "What does the tetanus campaign hide?"
- 2014-09-05 - “Enough violence in northern Kenya!” cry Catholic Bishops
- 2014-09-05 - AFRICA/KENYA – New Rector for St. Matthias Mulumba Major seminary in the diocese of Eldoret
- 2014-09-05 - diocesan Major Seminary in the diocese of Nakuru, appointed.
- 2014-09-04 - AFRICA/KENYA – Rector for St. Thomas Aquinas major seminary in Nairobi appointed