AFRICA/KENYA - Food, clothing, shelter, water: emergency for Sudanese refugees
Kakuma (Agenzia Fides) - Until January 3, 2273 Sudanese refugees arrived in the Kakuma camp, at the Holy Cross parish in Kenya, where there are over 130 thousand people of different African nationalities. A note by ANS, sent to Fides Agency, states that refugees continue to arrive since the unrest began in Sudan. Many are found in the street, others move on foot and it is expected that the number will increase in coming days. For the moment, since there is no place, the United Nations High Commissariat for Refugees (UNHCR) has identified some schools to accommodate these new arrivals seeking asylum. They need everything from food to clothing, shelter and water. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 07/01/2014)
- 2014-09-05 - “Enough violence in northern Kenya!” cry Catholic Bishops
- 2014-09-05 - AFRICA/KENYA – New Rector for St. Matthias Mulumba Major seminary in the diocese of Eldoret
- 2014-09-05 - diocesan Major Seminary in the diocese of Nakuru, appointed.
- 2014-09-04 - AFRICA/KENYA – Rector for St. Thomas Aquinas major seminary in Nairobi appointed
- 2014-07-23 - Works begin on a new center for disabled children in the village of Kandisi
- 2014-07-18 - The First Lady praised the Church's role in improving the lives of millions of Kenyans
- 2014-07-17 - The army have discovered four fields where the perpetrators of the attacks in the coastal region hide
- 2014-07-15 - The perpetrators of the attacks against some villages on the coast have been identified
- 2014-07-09 - Bishops' appeal: "The media play a pivotal role in the Country"
- 2014-06-26 - The governor of Lamu arrested for the attacks on coastal villages