AFRICA/KENYA - Food, clothing, shelter, water: emergency for Sudanese refugees
Kakuma (Agenzia Fides) - Until January 3, 2273 Sudanese refugees arrived in the Kakuma camp, at the Holy Cross parish in Kenya, where there are over 130 thousand people of different African nationalities. A note by ANS, sent to Fides Agency, states that refugees continue to arrive since the unrest began in Sudan. Many are found in the street, others move on foot and it is expected that the number will increase in coming days. For the moment, since there is no place, the United Nations High Commissariat for Refugees (UNHCR) has identified some schools to accommodate these new arrivals seeking asylum. They need everything from food to clothing, shelter and water. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 07/01/2014)
- 2015-11-24 - AFRICA/KENYA – Nairobi: conference on Land grabbing and just governance organized by African Bishops
- 2015-11-24 - The Bishop of Maralal: "May Pope Francis' message of reconciliation help us to overcome tribal violence"
- 2015-11-21 - AFRICA/KENYA – The children of Holy Childhood will meet the Pope
- 2015-11-09 - The Bishops: "The Pope’s visit invites us to reflect on the values of the nation"
- 2015-11-05 - "Pope Francis' visit is a blessing and an opportunity for Kenyans"
- 2015-11-03 - "Curtain up for the children of the Little Prince": A theater school in the slum in Kibera
- 2015-11-03 - Bishops' new appeal: "Let us join together as a nation on the occasion of Pope Francis' arrival"
- 2015-10-27 - UN programme to combat poverty and marginalisation and guarantee respect for the rights of women and children
- 2015-10-26 - “The Bishops are certain the visit of Pope Francis will reinforce national unity
- 2015-10-12 - Jigger disease severely marks AIDS orphans