ASIA/IRAQ - Patriarch Sako appeals for national harmony
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - "We appeal to all parties in the nation, in these precise circumstances, to work for calm and invoking the language of dialogue, understanding, moderation and putting the interest of the nation and citizens firstly". This is what the Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans Louis Sako Raphael I said in a message for the new year which has just begun, urging his fellow citizens to regain national cohesion. "At this juncture" wrote the Patriarch in his message, sent to Fides Agency, "we must help each other to stick to the homeland, the logic of the State and the law". His Beatitude Sako calls on everyone to abandon extremism, violence and sectarian freight, isolating those who "seek to sow discord". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 02/01/2014)
- 2014-03-03 ASIA/IRAQ - Political leader denounces: the lands of Christians who emigrated plundered with the complicity of corrupt officials
- 2014-02-26 ASIA/IRAQ – Iraq’s Catholic Bishops insist: we must react to the violence destroying our nation
- 2014-02-24 ASIA/IRAQ - Patriarch Sako: A Lenten Season of fasting and prayer that Christians in Iraq will not emigrate
- 2014-02-21 ASIA/IRAQ – Decision to include Syriac and Christian religious education in 152 schools
- 2014-02-14 ASIA/IRAQ - Patriarch Sako: we need a "Chaldean League"
- 2014-02-14 ASIA/IRAQ - Campaign against the gifts between people in love on Valentine's Day. The Islamists: "it is a Christian feast"
- 2014-02-07 ASIA/IRAQ - Christian candidates in random order in the next national elections
- 2014-01-31 ASIA/IRAQ - The Leaders of Christian Churches: every adult citizen has to be free to choose his own religion
- 2014-01-30 ASIA/IRAQ – A Christian killed for his refusal to build silencers for firearms
- 2014-01-24 ASIA/IRAQ - President of the Iraqi Parliament Najafi delivers Obama a letter on the plight of Iraqi Christians