ASIA/IRAQ - Patriarch Sako appeals for national harmony
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - "We appeal to all parties in the nation, in these precise circumstances, to work for calm and invoking the language of dialogue, understanding, moderation and putting the interest of the nation and citizens firstly". This is what the Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans Louis Sako Raphael I said in a message for the new year which has just begun, urging his fellow citizens to regain national cohesion. "At this juncture" wrote the Patriarch in his message, sent to Fides Agency, "we must help each other to stick to the homeland, the logic of the State and the law". His Beatitude Sako calls on everyone to abandon extremism, violence and sectarian freight, isolating those who "seek to sow discord". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 02/01/2014)
- 2015-05-15 - The Chaldean Patriarch visits Tehran: "The Iranian government supports the people and the government of Iraq"
- 2015-05-04 - Chaldean Patriarch opens discussion on the draft Constitution for the Iraqi Kurdistan Region
- 2015-05-02 - Military offensive to free the province of Nineveh. Chaldean priest: "Christians want to return to their homes"
- 2015-04-13 - Northern Iraq's displaced get own radio station
- 2015-03-30 - The Chaldean Church participates in the mourning for the death of Assyrian Patriarch Mar Dinkha IV
- 2015-03-28 - Chaldean Patriarch to the UN: the "Arab Spring" impacted negatively on Christians
- 2015-03-16 - Chaldean Patriarch: a law against preachers who incite violence is needed
- 2015-03-12 - The monastery of St. George in Mosul damaged, but not destroyed
- 2015-03-10 - Appeal of the Chaldean Patriarch: the offensive against the Caliphate causes new humanitarian emergencies
- 2015-02-24 - ASIA/IRAQ – Courses to start soon at Erbil Catholic University