ASIA/IRAQ - Patriarch Sako appeals for national harmony
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - "We appeal to all parties in the nation, in these precise circumstances, to work for calm and invoking the language of dialogue, understanding, moderation and putting the interest of the nation and citizens firstly". This is what the Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans Louis Sako Raphael I said in a message for the new year which has just begun, urging his fellow citizens to regain national cohesion. "At this juncture" wrote the Patriarch in his message, sent to Fides Agency, "we must help each other to stick to the homeland, the logic of the State and the law". His Beatitude Sako calls on everyone to abandon extremism, violence and sectarian freight, isolating those who "seek to sow discord". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 02/01/2014)
- 2015-11-20 - Christian and Muslim leaders in Kurdistan celebrate together the "day of tolerance"
- 2015-11-13 - A kindergarten, a language and professional training center for the displaced
- 2015-11-11 - Large participation in the protest against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-11-09 - Chaldean Patriarch convenes a protest against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-11-05 - Even Christians demonstrate in Erbil against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-10-28 - Parliament rejected the request to change the law on the religious affiliation regarding children
- 2015-10-23 - 400 young Christians take part in Kirkuk Youth Day
- 2015-10-10 - Christians in Erbil protest against corruption, "our neighborhoods are being filled with infamous clubs"
- 2015-10-09 - Two Iraqi sisters go and live among the Christian refugees camped in Erbil
- 2015-10-06 - Iraqi Ministry of Justice: Christian property will be protected