ASIA/IRAQ - Patriarch Sako appeals for national harmony
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - "We appeal to all parties in the nation, in these precise circumstances, to work for calm and invoking the language of dialogue, understanding, moderation and putting the interest of the nation and citizens firstly". This is what the Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans Louis Sako Raphael I said in a message for the new year which has just begun, urging his fellow citizens to regain national cohesion. "At this juncture" wrote the Patriarch in his message, sent to Fides Agency, "we must help each other to stick to the homeland, the logic of the State and the law". His Beatitude Sako calls on everyone to abandon extremism, violence and sectarian freight, isolating those who "seek to sow discord". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 02/01/2014)
- 2014-07-22 - Last exodus from Mosul: nearly three thousand Christians
- 2014-07-21 - ASIA/IRAQ – The Syrian Monastery of Mar Behnam in the hands of the militia of the "Islamic Caliphate"
- 2014-07-18 - The last Christian families leave Mosul
- 2014-07-16 - In Mosul, the Islamic Caliphate orders: no aid to Christians and Shiites, while their homes are being expropriated
- 2014-07-15 - Letter from Patriarch Louis Raphael I to Iraqi Parliament: there is no time to waste
- 2014-07-15 - The Chaldean nuns and the children released, "a sign of hope for all"
- 2014-07-09 - ASIA/IRAQ – Safety measures taken for the relics of St. Thomas Mosul
- 2014-07-07 - False news regarding the kidnapping of a priest and a nun in Mosul
- 2014-07-05 - Churches in Kirkuk assist Muslim refugees during Ramadan
- 2014-07-03 - ASIA/IRAQ – Bombings and raids against churches in Mosul for the release of the nuns and orphans