AMERICA/MEXICO – One must appreciate the traditions and the gift of faith: message to the immigrants who return home for Christmas
Queretaro (Agenzia Fides ) - "To immigrate to a foreign country was an opportunity that, voluntarily or involuntarily, Providence has given you in order to live a better life. This opportunity has brought you to experience hard work, loneliness, pain, sickness and to be a foreigner in a culture and a country that is not yours". These are the words that His Exc. Mgr. Faustino Armendáriz Jimenez, Bishop of Querétaro, said in his message to the Mexican emigrants who return home to spend the Christmas holidays with the family.
"This experience - continues the Bishop in the note sent to Fides Agency - has brought you to observe in person that our societies are experiencing, as never before in history, processes of mutual interdependence and interaction at a global level that, if they also involve negative elements, they have the objective of improving the living conditions of the human family, not only at an economic level but also in politics and culture".
Speaking to Mexican immigrants the Bishop continues: "The world can only be improved if the main attention is paid towards the person, one must not abandon anyone, including the poor, the sick, prisoners, the needy, the foreigner".
Finally Mgr. Armendáriz hopes that "this experience of returning home will help to appreciate what every person is, the traditions and the culture inherited from your parents, especially the gift of faith, and above all, to strengthen the foundation of your life Christian". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/12/2013)
AMERICA/MEXICO – ONE MUST APPRECIATE THE TRADITIONS AND THE GIFT OF FAITH: MESSAGE TO THE IMMIGRANTS WHO RETURN HOME FOR CHRISTMAS
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"
- 2014-10-21 - When you do not respect the right of even one person, it jeopardizes the right of all
- 2014-10-21 - 2000 children have been killed or maimed between 2006 and 2014
- 2014-10-15 - "Never accept violence as a solution", warns Mgr. Lona Reyes who proposes a prayer campaign
- 2014-10-14 - Bishops on the Iguala case: "clarify what happened, the truth is the path to justice"
- 2014-10-10 - The tragedy of Iguala and its consequences: a letter from the Archbishop of Acapulco
- 2014-10-09 - Corrupt policemen and climate of mistrust, the Bishop of La Paz denounces the silence of the authorities
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction