AMERICA/MEXICO – One must appreciate the traditions and the gift of faith: message to the immigrants who return home for Christmas
Queretaro (Agenzia Fides ) - "To immigrate to a foreign country was an opportunity that, voluntarily or involuntarily, Providence has given you in order to live a better life. This opportunity has brought you to experience hard work, loneliness, pain, sickness and to be a foreigner in a culture and a country that is not yours". These are the words that His Exc. Mgr. Faustino Armendáriz Jimenez, Bishop of Querétaro, said in his message to the Mexican emigrants who return home to spend the Christmas holidays with the family.
"This experience - continues the Bishop in the note sent to Fides Agency - has brought you to observe in person that our societies are experiencing, as never before in history, processes of mutual interdependence and interaction at a global level that, if they also involve negative elements, they have the objective of improving the living conditions of the human family, not only at an economic level but also in politics and culture".
Speaking to Mexican immigrants the Bishop continues: "The world can only be improved if the main attention is paid towards the person, one must not abandon anyone, including the poor, the sick, prisoners, the needy, the foreigner".
Finally Mgr. Armendáriz hopes that "this experience of returning home will help to appreciate what every person is, the traditions and the culture inherited from your parents, especially the gift of faith, and above all, to strengthen the foundation of your life Christian". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/12/2013)
AMERICA/MEXICO – ONE MUST APPRECIATE THE TRADITIONS AND THE GIFT OF FAITH: MESSAGE TO THE IMMIGRANTS WHO RETURN HOME FOR CHRISTMAS
- 2015-07-27 - Mariachi Zombie: amusing animated television series discredits bad zombie myth
- 2015-07-22 - Truth, justice, forgiveness and reconciliation: the pillars of peace promoted by the Church
- 2015-07-20 - Young Chiapas form an orchestra with pre-Hispanic instruments
- 2015-07-14 - Bishops on the escape of El Chapo, "we are not naive, we must eradicate corruption"
- 2015-07-13 - "Corruption spreads when transparency remains only good intentions": the Catholic voice before the scandals
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend
- 2015-06-13 - A card to distinguish true priests from false priests