ASIA/CHINA - At Christmas engaged in Christian charity and evangelization
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - As every year, the Chinese Catholic community is intensifying its journey towards Christmas in the name of Christian charity and evangelization. According to information gathered by Fides Agency, the communities are engaged in visiting needy families, the elderly, the sick, old people's homes and orphanages, without making any distinction between Catholics and non-Catholics, bringing to all their testimony. Many parishes are also preparing Christmas carols, and the pastor of Peng Jiazhai in Xi Ning, emphasize their particular meaning: "We need to sing the Lord's birth in the best way, because there are many non- Christians who attend church on Christmas Eve, as every year, and for us it is the right time for evangelization".
The "Christmas Party for Charity" is now in its ninth edition, sponsored by Jinde Charities, the Chinese Catholic charitable organization. It took place on December 14 and collected over 500 thousand Yuan (equivalent to 75 thousand euro) to be given to the children of poor families (for living expenses), orphans with disabilities and families who have children with AIDS (to be able to return to school).
More than 400 entrepreneurs and ambassadors, Catholic and non- Catholics, Chinese and foreigners, took part in the event with great generosity. Also representatives of civil authorities were present, who not only appreciated the charity initiative, but in general the charitable work carried out by the Catholics, and contributed with personal offerings. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 20/12/2013)
- 2015-05-26 - Pentecost of the Chinese community, on the Day of Prayer for China
- 2015-05-13 - An exhibition of historical objects commemorates the pioneers of the mission in the Year of Consecrated Life
- 2015-05-06 - In the month of Mary: pilgrimage to enrich faith, respecting environment, recalling the commitment missionary
- 2015-04-17 - Catholic communities towards the Jubilee of Mercy
- 2015-03-24 - The Chinese Catholic community towards Easter
- 2015-03-17 - Even the "24 hours for the Lord" in the Lenten journey of the Chinese Catholics
- 2015-03-10 - The Bishop of Jing Xian highlights the need to give authentic Christian witness
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city