ASIA/CHINA - At Christmas engaged in Christian charity and evangelization
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - As every year, the Chinese Catholic community is intensifying its journey towards Christmas in the name of Christian charity and evangelization. According to information gathered by Fides Agency, the communities are engaged in visiting needy families, the elderly, the sick, old people's homes and orphanages, without making any distinction between Catholics and non-Catholics, bringing to all their testimony. Many parishes are also preparing Christmas carols, and the pastor of Peng Jiazhai in Xi Ning, emphasize their particular meaning: "We need to sing the Lord's birth in the best way, because there are many non- Christians who attend church on Christmas Eve, as every year, and for us it is the right time for evangelization".
The "Christmas Party for Charity" is now in its ninth edition, sponsored by Jinde Charities, the Chinese Catholic charitable organization. It took place on December 14 and collected over 500 thousand Yuan (equivalent to 75 thousand euro) to be given to the children of poor families (for living expenses), orphans with disabilities and families who have children with AIDS (to be able to return to school).
More than 400 entrepreneurs and ambassadors, Catholic and non- Catholics, Chinese and foreigners, took part in the event with great generosity. Also representatives of civil authorities were present, who not only appreciated the charity initiative, but in general the charitable work carried out by the Catholics, and contributed with personal offerings. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 20/12/2013)
- 2014-09-16 - ASIA/CHINA – Death of Archbishop Giuseppe Wu, zealous shepherd dedicated to formation of seminarians and women religious
- 2014-09-16 - “The mission of priests today”: cultural sharing in Taiwan for a group of priests from He Bei
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission
- 2014-05-26 - 20 000 baptisms celebrated at Easter in the Catholic community in mainland China
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent