AMERICA/URUGUAY - Over 13 thousand signatures in favor of clean environment
Tacuarembó (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishop of Tacuarembó, His Exc. Mgr. Julio César Bonino, who presides the Commission "Tacuarembó for life and for water" in order to free the area from the mega mineral projects of metals, diamonds and oil, has expressed his satisfaction regarding the results of the petition promoted by the Commission, which asks the authorities for a decree that respects the environment. The Bishop, in the note sent to Fides, thanks all those who joined the initiative "allowing to reach every corner of our area with requests to sign". In Tacuarembó the Commission managed to collect more than 13,000 signatures which were validated by the Electoral Commission.
Fides followed the story from the moment in which Mgr. Bonino had agreed to become a member of the Commission (see Fides 23/10/2012). Now the Bishop comments: "We have echoed the warning, which also concerns other countries of our continent, asking to step up and carry out consultation processes to facilitate the participation of those involved in mining projects and for decisions on the possible approval of these projects". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 19/12/2013)
- 2015-09-15 - Nearly half of all children live in the poorest households
- 2015-07-28 - AMERICA/URUGUAY – State schools for children with disabilities
- 2015-05-30 - The Latin American devotion to Romero in Uruguay
- 2014-09-26 - The Bishops for the upcoming election: "We dream of a country where human life and the family are worth more than a hectare of land"
- 2014-09-19 - AMERICA/URUGUAY – The meeting of the PMS of the American Southern Cone: working together for the mission Ad gentes
- 2014-09-08 - “Passionate Communicators of the Good News”: meeting for Cono sur Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2013-12-19 - Over 13 thousand signatures in favor of clean environment
- 2013-12-13 - The legalization of marijuana will destroy family
- 2013-10-07 - The family at the center of missionary October
- 2013-07-02 - New educational center for the prevention of child labor