AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - 20 Cuamm health operators continue to provide assistance
Yirol (Agenzia Fides) - In spite of the tensions following the attempted coup in South Sudan, the NGO Doctors with Africa Cuamm, present in the Country with 20 expatriated operators, are following with concern the evolution of the instability. In a statement released by Cuamm, the local representative of the NGO states that: "because of planned activities on the territory all Cuamm operators are now in the hospitals in Yirol and Lui respectively 250 and 200 kilometers from Juba, information regarding the situation in the capital that we receive are fragmented and rapidly evolving, but the picture is worrying. Local authorities with whom we work closely with report that there are troop movements between Western Equatoria, Lakes State and Juba". The clashes are consequences of political conflicts. All the teams continue to ensure health care in hospitals especially towards the most vulnerable. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 18/12/2013)
- 2014-11-14 - The first woman mayor of Yei killed: an act against the Church and against peace
- 2014-10-30 - Campaign against the recruitment of children in armed conflict: "Children, not soldiers"!
- 2014-10-21 - The warring parties recognize their responsibilities in the civil war, "an important step for peace"
- 2014-10-09 - The law that strengthens the powers of security services has been approved, the opposition protests
- 2014-10-07 - A million people at risk of hunger if the political crisis is not solved
- 2014-10-03 - South Sudan's authorities threaten Catholic community radio
- 2014-10-01 - Authorities have threatened to close down another Catholic radio
- 2014-09-29 - The Bishops denounce the manipulation of tribalism: "Put an end to the civil war now"
- 2014-09-23 - Religious leaders committed to calm tensions on the border with Uganda
- 2014-09-19 - South Sudan's Bakhita Radio can resume broadcasts, but without political issues