AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - 20 Cuamm health operators continue to provide assistance
Yirol (Agenzia Fides) - In spite of the tensions following the attempted coup in South Sudan, the NGO Doctors with Africa Cuamm, present in the Country with 20 expatriated operators, are following with concern the evolution of the instability. In a statement released by Cuamm, the local representative of the NGO states that: "because of planned activities on the territory all Cuamm operators are now in the hospitals in Yirol and Lui respectively 250 and 200 kilometers from Juba, information regarding the situation in the capital that we receive are fragmented and rapidly evolving, but the picture is worrying. Local authorities with whom we work closely with report that there are troop movements between Western Equatoria, Lakes State and Juba". The clashes are consequences of political conflicts. All the teams continue to ensure health care in hospitals especially towards the most vulnerable. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 18/12/2013)
- 2015-07-24 - AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN – School instruction during emergency situations a basic humanitarian necessity
- 2015-07-17 - "We must start again from scratch", says the Bishop Emeritus of Juba
- 2015-07-10 - New peace initiative announced by the Church on the anniversary of independence
- 2015-07-09 - Violence and insecurity in the camps where refugees fleeing the civil war are welcomed
- 2015-06-25 - Cholera and rains aggravate the humanitarian situation, thousands of refugees fleeing the war: the testimony of a missionary
- 2015-06-23 - Appeal from Torit: the few NGOs that have remained in South Sudan must not leave over 4 million displaced alone
- 2015-06-10 - New appeal of Christian leaders to stop the "senseless war"
- 2015-05-27 - Christian Churches: "Stop the violence, instigated by leaders, most of whom call themselves Christians"
- 2015-05-26 - Security situation worsens due to clashes
- 2015-05-04 - "Population left to themselves, we are determined to restore peace" say Christian leaders