AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - 20 Cuamm health operators continue to provide assistance
Yirol (Agenzia Fides) - In spite of the tensions following the attempted coup in South Sudan, the NGO Doctors with Africa Cuamm, present in the Country with 20 expatriated operators, are following with concern the evolution of the instability. In a statement released by Cuamm, the local representative of the NGO states that: "because of planned activities on the territory all Cuamm operators are now in the hospitals in Yirol and Lui respectively 250 and 200 kilometers from Juba, information regarding the situation in the capital that we receive are fragmented and rapidly evolving, but the picture is worrying. Local authorities with whom we work closely with report that there are troop movements between Western Equatoria, Lakes State and Juba". The clashes are consequences of political conflicts. All the teams continue to ensure health care in hospitals especially towards the most vulnerable. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 18/12/2013)
- 2015-02-26 - A simple ambulance service can save the lives of hundreds of mothers and children
- 2015-02-19 - Elections postponed: a contribution towards peace
- 2015-02-10 - The UN: over 2.5 million people face food emergency because of the civil war
- 2015-02-04 - Year of Consecrated Life: Religious committed to healing the wounds of the Civil War
- 2015-01-30 - The Bishops denounce: "Land grabbing threatens the stability of the Country"
- 2015-01-16 - The importance of "true hospitality" towards refugees
- 2014-12-15 - Memorial Mass for the victims and for peace, a year after the outbreak of the Civil War
- 2014-11-14 - The first woman mayor of Yei killed: an act against the Church and against peace
- 2014-10-30 - Campaign against the recruitment of children in armed conflict: "Children, not soldiers"!
- 2014-10-21 - The warring parties recognize their responsibilities in the civil war, "an important step for peace"