ASIA/ISRAEL – Unifications banned for Palestinian families: a conference in Jerusalem
Jerusalem (Agenzia Fides) - The Society of Saint Yves, an organization committed to the defense of human rights linked with the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem, will discus the sensitive issue of laws in Israel that hinder the unification of Palestinian families. On Wednesday, December 18th the controversial issue will be analyzed in all respects at the conference entitled "Palestinian Families under threat: 10-year ban on family unification in Jerusalem", convened at the Legacy Hotel in Jerusalem by the Society of Saint Yves and the Konrad Adenauer Foundation. Interventions and study sessions will describe the 10 years "freeze" of family unification laws in Jerusalem. In the key note speech by the Christian economist Hind Khoury - former Minister of Jerusalem Affairs of the Palestinian National Authority – Israeli policies of silent transfer, family unification as part of a general trend of displacement will be be discussed.
There will also be the participation of Sami El- Yousef, Regional Director for Palestine and Israel, Pontifical Mission Jerusalem, the agency commissioned by Pope Pius XII as a tool to assist the Palestinian refugees. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 17/12/2013)
ASIA/ISRAEL – UNIFICATIONS BANNED FOR PALESTINIAN FAMILIES: A CONFERENCE IN JERUSALEM
- 2015-06-23 - Tensions between Druze and Israeli government for medical aid provided to the anti-Assad militiamen
- 2015-05-27 - Protest demonstration of Christian schools against discriminatory policies
- 2015-04-27 - Israeli President commemorates Armenian victims of "mass murder" without using the word "Genocide"
- 2015-04-15 - Israeli President visits the heads of Christian churches for Easter
- 2015-02-19 - Political elections: the local Catholic Church urges voters not to desert the elections
- 2014-09-19 - Even an Israeli NGO gives aid to Yazidi and Christian refugees
- 2014-07-05 - ASIA/ISRAEL – Tension is always high in the detention camp in Holot
- 2014-05-17 - A detention camp in the Negev desert. Full of Christians
- 2014-05-14 - Knesset discusses the Armenian Genocide
- 2014-04-12 - Coptic Christians make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem. The prohibition desired by Pope Shenouda ceases to be effective