ASIA/HOLY LAND - Storm Alexa: Patriarch Twal's call for Syrian refugees
Jerusalem (Agenzia Fides) The Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem Fouad Twal emphasizes the urgency to increase aid to Syrian refugees, at a time when even the weather conditions contribute to making their condition even more difficult. His Beatitude Twal "calls for the generosity of all to support the refugee victims of a conflict which has exceeded 1,000 days and of the material hardships affecting their lives".
Following a period of drought and the month of November "the hottest in 60 years, the religious leaders of the three monotheistic religions in the Holy Land called on their followers to pray for rain. As rain came in early December, it is a blessing for both the land and its people. However, this rainfall, because of its sudden intensity, brought challenges. A snow storm hit the Middle East during these last few days of 2013, covering several countries, including Jordan, Lebanon, Israel and Palestine". In these days of harsh cold, there remains the alarming condition of the Syrian refugees who number close to 2 million displaced in Lebanon and Jordan. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 16/12/2013)
- 2014-09-26 - U.S. Bishops: even the barrier Wall and the new colonies close the door to peace
- 2014-09-23 - Water emergency in Gaza, initiatives of AGIRE network
- 2014-09-22 - The Catholic Bishops: the recognition of the "Aramean" nationality aims to divide the Palestinian Christians from others
- 2014-09-17 - 240,000 children return to school in Gaza
- 2014-09-17 - Patriarch Twal: the presence of Christian immigrants is an asset for the local church
- 2014-09-12 - Catholic Episcopal Commission: pilgrims are messengers of peace between Palestinians and Israelis
- 2014-09-10 - ASIA/HOLY LAND – US Catholic Bishops make Holy Land pilgrimage to 'pray for peace'
- 2014-09-09 - ASIA/HOLY LAND – New equipe for missionary animation in the land of Jesus
- 2014-09-04 - Caritas Jerusalem: in Gaza 400,000 children need psychological care
- 2014-09-02 - Latin Patriarchal delegation visits Gaza: “it is like the cities devastated by World War II”