ASIA/HOLY LAND - Storm Alexa: Patriarch Twal's call for Syrian refugees
Jerusalem (Agenzia Fides) The Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem Fouad Twal emphasizes the urgency to increase aid to Syrian refugees, at a time when even the weather conditions contribute to making their condition even more difficult. His Beatitude Twal "calls for the generosity of all to support the refugee victims of a conflict which has exceeded 1,000 days and of the material hardships affecting their lives".
Following a period of drought and the month of November "the hottest in 60 years, the religious leaders of the three monotheistic religions in the Holy Land called on their followers to pray for rain. As rain came in early December, it is a blessing for both the land and its people. However, this rainfall, because of its sudden intensity, brought challenges. A snow storm hit the Middle East during these last few days of 2013, covering several countries, including Jordan, Lebanon, Israel and Palestine". In these days of harsh cold, there remains the alarming condition of the Syrian refugees who number close to 2 million displaced in Lebanon and Jordan. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 16/12/2013)
- 2015-04-14 - Patriarch Kirill: The Russian Orthodox Church supports the creation of the Palestinian State
- 2015-04-10 - In Jordan and Palestine Catholics and Orthodox celebrate Easter according to the Julian Calendar
- 2015-04-08 - Caritas Jerusalem will run a "mobile clinic" for the inhabitants of the Gaza Strip
- 2015-03-23 - Palestinian President invited to the canonization on 17 May
- 2015-03-12 - The Catholic Bishops: necessity to rebuild Gaza, support schools, help refugees and immigrants
- 2015-03-09 - Liturgy at the Holy Sepulchre to commemorate the Armenian Genocide
- 2015-02-26 - Arson attack against the Orthodox Theological Seminary in Jerusalem
- 2015-02-12 - Palestinian Mayors: the Wall in the Cremisan Valley will suffocate the presence of Christians
- 2015-01-14 - The Bishops' Holy Land Coordination visit the Cremisan Valley
- 2015-01-12 - International Delegation of Bishops visit Gaza; for Archbishop Fontana "a devastated situation"