OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - The Australian Bishops are committed to spreading the Evangelii gaudium
(Agenzia Fides) - The Apostolic Exhortation "Evangelii Gaudium" is a document to be recommended to all the faithful: "We will do everything possible to ensure that its teaching is widely spread": this is what the Australian Bishops stated in a note sent to Fides Agency. The Bishops concluded their plenary Assembly in Sydney recently and during the assembly they had the chance to appreciate Pope Francis’ new document. "It is a long document but essentially oriented to action. We need action in our lives, in the Church and in society", says the note sent to Fides. What the Pope writes, "is challenging, especially for us Bishops. We read and re-read his words as an examination of conscience. Much of what the Holy Father writes goes to the heart of our episcopal ministry, and we cannot ignore it", underline the Australian Bishops. "In it, we hear the voice of Christ. The same voice speaks to the entire Church. Therefore, we ask all the baptized to listen to what the Pope says, because together we can listen to the voice of Christ".
During the recent assembly, the Bishops addressed a variety of topics of a pastoral nature. Among the various initiatives planned for 2014, there is the circulation of an e-book titled "Woman and man in Christ Jesus", which will be launched at a conference dedicated to the participation of women in the Church. In addition, with regards to mission in society, a special national conference will be held in 2014 titled "Proclaiming" which aims to form and sensitize all pastoral workers, to make priests, deacons, religious and laity protagonists of the new evangelization. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 05/12/2013)
- 2015-09-01 - Appeal to release children detained in the center for immigrants in Nauru
- 2015-07-01 - Twenty years of commitment to the reception of migrants
- 2015-06-05 - The Episcopal Commission for Migrants: "Take action to help the persecuted Rohingya"
- 2015-03-23 - Australian Catholic schools against bullying
- 2015-03-17 - Appeal for the victims of Cyclone Pam: 54 000 children affected
- 2015-02-13 - "Free the Children" campaign for the release of immigrant children held in prison
- 2015-02-06 - OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA – One hundred years of Thomas Merton
- 2014-10-30 - Catholic Mission calls for the support of Australians in order to feed the hungry, malnourished and sick Peruvian children
- 2014-10-02 - Jamaica and children who are detained demand attention: Mission Month is a unique opportunity
- 2014-08-01 - 49% of mothers and pregnant women are discriminated in their workplace