VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni’s pastoral visit in the Antilles starts today
Vatican City ( Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, begins his first pastoral visit to the Antilles today, November 29th. The Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples will arrive in Trinidad in the late morning (local time) and in the afternoon, after a courtesy visit to President Anthony Carmona, he will meet with priests, religious and parish administrators in Curepe. On Saturday 30, at the Seminary dedicated to St. John M. Vianney and the Ugandan Martyrs, the Cardinal will meet with the Bishops who form the Episcopal Conference, and in the afternoon he will preside at the concelebrated Mass on the first Sunday of Advent, in the Pro - Cathedral of San Fernando, which is expected to be attended by the President of the Republic.
On Sunday, December 1st he will leave for Jamaica, where in the afternoon Cardinal Filoni will preside the solemn Mass for the closing of the Year of Faith in the Cathedral in Kingston. On December 2, the visit to Castries, where a meeting with the clergy and religious, and the official opening of the Year of Evangelization proclaimed by the local Church is scheduled. On December 3rd, the Prefect will celebrate Mass for the nuns in the monastery of the Benedictines, then leave for Martinique, where he will meet with the priests. At the end of his pastoral visit on 3 December, the feast of St. Francis Xavier, Patron of the Missions, Cardinal Filoni will preside a Mass in the Cathedral of Pointe- à- Pitre, on the island of Guadeloupe and before returning home he will visit some Catholic institutions in Basseterre on December 4th. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 29/11/2013)
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide
- 2015-06-17 - VATICAN – The Pope: "the international community should act in a fitting and effective way to prevent the causes of forced migration"
- 2015-06-05 - Pope Francis to the PMS: "missionary activity is still the greatest challenge for the Church"
- 2015-05-28 - General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies: "How to support the universal mission today and tomorrow"
- 2015-05-25 - The Pope's Message for World Mission Day 2015
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"