VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni’s pastoral visit in the Antilles starts today
Vatican City ( Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, begins his first pastoral visit to the Antilles today, November 29th. The Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples will arrive in Trinidad in the late morning (local time) and in the afternoon, after a courtesy visit to President Anthony Carmona, he will meet with priests, religious and parish administrators in Curepe. On Saturday 30, at the Seminary dedicated to St. John M. Vianney and the Ugandan Martyrs, the Cardinal will meet with the Bishops who form the Episcopal Conference, and in the afternoon he will preside at the concelebrated Mass on the first Sunday of Advent, in the Pro - Cathedral of San Fernando, which is expected to be attended by the President of the Republic.
On Sunday, December 1st he will leave for Jamaica, where in the afternoon Cardinal Filoni will preside the solemn Mass for the closing of the Year of Faith in the Cathedral in Kingston. On December 2, the visit to Castries, where a meeting with the clergy and religious, and the official opening of the Year of Evangelization proclaimed by the local Church is scheduled. On December 3rd, the Prefect will celebrate Mass for the nuns in the monastery of the Benedictines, then leave for Martinique, where he will meet with the priests. At the end of his pastoral visit on 3 December, the feast of St. Francis Xavier, Patron of the Missions, Cardinal Filoni will preside a Mass in the Cathedral of Pointe- à- Pitre, on the island of Guadeloupe and before returning home he will visit some Catholic institutions in Basseterre on December 4th. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 29/11/2013)
- 2014-04-11 - Message of condolence from the Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Cardinal Filoni, for the death of Cardinal Emmanuel III Delly
- 2014-04-10 - Cardinal Filoni closes the conference "Listening to America": "We have become a Church that listens, a Church that travels with God's people who live in America"
- 2014-03-25 - Cardinal Filoni at the Patronal Feast of Urbaniana University: "Euntes docete leave, go and teach"
- 2014-03-25 - Urbaniana University, a laboratory of interculturalism at the service of the Gospel
- 2014-03-20 - " With the mission in the heart": Cardinal Tomko’s 90th Birthday, for 16 years at Propaganda Fide
- 2014-02-28 - The blood of martyrs “scarlet thread” linking Latin America and the Middle East
- 2014-02-13 - Another priest among the pastoral workers killed in 2013
- 2014-02-13 - Cardinal Filoni : "It is wise and healthy to go to Christ’s school, be once again young pupils and listen to the Master"
- 2014-01-27 - The pope: "Joy and Hope" for the people who celebrate the Lunar New Year
- 2014-01-20 - Migrants, "close to the heart of the Church"