ASIA/LEBANON – NourKids is born: the Christian Arab TV channel for children
Beirut (Agenzia Fides) - The new Arab channel online NourKids, fully dedicated for children and young people aged 3 to 15 was "launched" from Beirut on 20 November, on the occasion of International children’s Day. The satellite channel is a new initiative of the Tele-Lumiere Noursat group, the Christian Arab television network founded in 1991 and followed throughout the Middle East. NourKids – explained the programming manager Marie -Therese Kreidy – will broadcast 24 hours, bringing Christian and family values, education, entertainment and fun. The program includes entertainment, educational programs, cartoons, able to draw the attention of child viewers, helping them to feel God’s love for them and the divine plan concerning their lives.
The opening ceremony, held in Beirut under the patronage of Lebanese First Lady Wafaa Sleiman and representatives of the UN office in Beirut saw the participation of ambassadors, politicians and representatives of the Churches in Lebanon.
In his speech, Jacques Kallassi - General manager of Tele-Lumière and President of the Board of Directors of Noursat - listed the criteria that will govern the new initiative: NourKids - Kallassi said among other things - will help children "understand the spirit of love for their Fatherland", allow them to "know what their rights are" and teach them "that there is no difference between a Christian and a Muslim child, between a white and a black child", enriching their lives, "with the culture of life and civilization of love". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 21/11/2013)
- 2014-08-20 - Maronite Patriarch Rai: united also with Hezbolllah to block the road to the infiltration of the ISIL
- 2014-07-28 - Patriarch Rai: The new President should not be linked to the two "blocks"
- 2014-07-10 - Patriarch Rai to Lebanese missionaries: the Arab world needs the Gospel
- 2014-07-07 - Patriarch Rai: the existence of Lebanon at risk
- 2014-06-20 - The Maronite Bishops: who boycots Parliament sessions to elect a new president places the Country at risk
- 2014-06-12 - The annual Synod of the Maronite Church has begun. Patriarch Rai: let us pray so that a new President is elected
- 2014-06-03 - Orthodox Patriarch Yohanna X announces the Conference of the Church of Antioch
- 2014-05-14 - Grand Mufti Qabbani proposes a new "pact" between Muslims and Christians in the Middle East
- 2014-05-12 - Patriarch Rai on the presidential elections: a power vacuum would erase the role of Christians
- 2014-04-11 - Neither Geagea, nor Aoun. For Patriarch Rai the new President must be a "figure of consensus"