ASIA/LEBANON – NourKids is born: the Christian Arab TV channel for children
Beirut (Agenzia Fides) - The new Arab channel online NourKids, fully dedicated for children and young people aged 3 to 15 was "launched" from Beirut on 20 November, on the occasion of International children’s Day. The satellite channel is a new initiative of the Tele-Lumiere Noursat group, the Christian Arab television network founded in 1991 and followed throughout the Middle East. NourKids – explained the programming manager Marie -Therese Kreidy – will broadcast 24 hours, bringing Christian and family values, education, entertainment and fun. The program includes entertainment, educational programs, cartoons, able to draw the attention of child viewers, helping them to feel God’s love for them and the divine plan concerning their lives.
The opening ceremony, held in Beirut under the patronage of Lebanese First Lady Wafaa Sleiman and representatives of the UN office in Beirut saw the participation of ambassadors, politicians and representatives of the Churches in Lebanon.
In his speech, Jacques Kallassi - General manager of Tele-Lumière and President of the Board of Directors of Noursat - listed the criteria that will govern the new initiative: NourKids - Kallassi said among other things - will help children "understand the spirit of love for their Fatherland", allow them to "know what their rights are" and teach them "that there is no difference between a Christian and a Muslim child, between a white and a black child", enriching their lives, "with the culture of life and civilization of love". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 21/11/2013)
- 2014-04-11 - Neither Geagea, nor Aoun. For Patriarch Rai the new President must be a "figure of consensus"
- 2014-04-10 - The president of Caritas Lebanon: the international community has to open refugee camps in Syria
- 2014-03-26 - Patriarch Rai intervenes on the election of the new President
- 2014-03-18 - Patriarch Rai at the Mass for Caritas: the war of attrition in the Country must stop
- 2014-03-11 - Maronite Church: to encourage organ donation
- 2014-02-15 - The reduction of lands belonging to Christians continues
- 2014-02-10 - Feast of St. Maron, the Lebanese reflect on the "Bkerké Charter"
- 2014-02-05 - The victims of the Armenian Genocide will be canonized
- 2014-02-01 - Maronite priest Paul Karam new President of Caritas Lebanon
- 2014-01-23 - Patriarch Rai: Tripoli will not give in to the spiral of sectarian violence