ASIA/LEBANON – NourKids is born: the Christian Arab TV channel for children
Beirut (Agenzia Fides) - The new Arab channel online NourKids, fully dedicated for children and young people aged 3 to 15 was "launched" from Beirut on 20 November, on the occasion of International children’s Day. The satellite channel is a new initiative of the Tele-Lumiere Noursat group, the Christian Arab television network founded in 1991 and followed throughout the Middle East. NourKids – explained the programming manager Marie -Therese Kreidy – will broadcast 24 hours, bringing Christian and family values, education, entertainment and fun. The program includes entertainment, educational programs, cartoons, able to draw the attention of child viewers, helping them to feel God’s love for them and the divine plan concerning their lives.
The opening ceremony, held in Beirut under the patronage of Lebanese First Lady Wafaa Sleiman and representatives of the UN office in Beirut saw the participation of ambassadors, politicians and representatives of the Churches in Lebanon.
In his speech, Jacques Kallassi - General manager of Tele-Lumière and President of the Board of Directors of Noursat - listed the criteria that will govern the new initiative: NourKids - Kallassi said among other things - will help children "understand the spirit of love for their Fatherland", allow them to "know what their rights are" and teach them "that there is no difference between a Christian and a Muslim child, between a white and a black child", enriching their lives, "with the culture of life and civilization of love". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 21/11/2013)
ASIA/LEBANON – NOURKIDS IS BORN: THE CHRISTIAN ARAB TV CHANNEL FOR CHILDREN
- 2014-12-19 - Appeal of the Chaldean Bishop of Beirut for displaced Iraqi Christians
- 2014-12-11 - The Syro-Catholic Bishops: let us apply the principles of the "Declaration of al-Azhar"
- 2014-12-10 - Patriarch Ignace Yussif III at the Synod of the Syro- Catholic Church: let us help to grasp the "signs of the times"
- 2014-12-04 - Maronite Bishops: they are turning the country into an oligarchy, at the expense of the Constitution, the people and the institutions
- 2014-11-26 - For Patriarch Rai dialogue between Hezbollah and Sunni of the "Future" Movement would take Lebanon out of its crisis
- 2014-11-13 - The Maronite League: no foreign Country can decide on the future of Lebanon
- 2014-11-13 - Syrian Orthodox Church: international protection for Christians in the Nineveh Plain is needed
- 2014-11-10 - Patriarch Rai accuses the Lebanese politicians: "You have betrayed the Constitution"
- 2014-11-03 - Patriarch Rai: immediately elect a Christian President to save the Lebanese "model"
- 2014-10-01 - The President of Caritas Lebanon: hostility toward the Syrian refugees increases