ASIA/LEBANON – NourKids is born: the Christian Arab TV channel for children
Beirut (Agenzia Fides) - The new Arab channel online NourKids, fully dedicated for children and young people aged 3 to 15 was "launched" from Beirut on 20 November, on the occasion of International children’s Day. The satellite channel is a new initiative of the Tele-Lumiere Noursat group, the Christian Arab television network founded in 1991 and followed throughout the Middle East. NourKids – explained the programming manager Marie -Therese Kreidy – will broadcast 24 hours, bringing Christian and family values, education, entertainment and fun. The program includes entertainment, educational programs, cartoons, able to draw the attention of child viewers, helping them to feel God’s love for them and the divine plan concerning their lives.
The opening ceremony, held in Beirut under the patronage of Lebanese First Lady Wafaa Sleiman and representatives of the UN office in Beirut saw the participation of ambassadors, politicians and representatives of the Churches in Lebanon.
In his speech, Jacques Kallassi - General manager of Tele-Lumière and President of the Board of Directors of Noursat - listed the criteria that will govern the new initiative: NourKids - Kallassi said among other things - will help children "understand the spirit of love for their Fatherland", allow them to "know what their rights are" and teach them "that there is no difference between a Christian and a Muslim child, between a white and a black child", enriching their lives, "with the culture of life and civilization of love". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 21/11/2013)
ASIA/LEBANON – NOURKIDS IS BORN: THE CHRISTIAN ARAB TV CHANNEL FOR CHILDREN
- 2015-05-19 - Christian politicians confront each other over "Aoun’s proposal" in order to exit the crisis
- 2015-05-12 - Parties of the two blocs signed a document of "national partnership" proposed by the Maronite League
- 2015-05-11 - Maronite Patriarch: politics and diplomacy is needed for peace in the Middle East, not military intervention
- 2015-05-07 - The Maronite Bishops ask for the feast of the "Lebanese Martyrs" to be restored
- 2015-04-13 - The Armenian Catholic Patriarch Nerses Bedros XIX: the Pope's words on the Genocide express the conscience of mankind, they are not "against" anyone
- 2015-03-31 - Religious Lebanese leaders denounce a plan of sectarian fragmentation of the Middle East
- 2015-03-26 - Christians and Muslims celebrate together the feast of the Annunciation
- 2015-03-17 - The Maronite Church calls for a law to ensure emigrants the recovery of Lebanese nationality
- 2015-03-06 - The Maronite Church promotes the donation of organs
- 2015-03-05 - Meeting between representatives of Hezbollah and the Maronite Church on the election of the President