AFRICA - Thirty years of the Church’s commitment in Africa against AIDS
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - Thirty years of experience carried out by the volunteers and the various organizations of the Catholic Church in favor of women, men and children affected by the HIV epidemic in Africa have been collected in a book (AIDS 30 Years Down the Line .. . Faith-based Reflections about the Epidemic in Africa) that recounts the successes and struggles in this service. The many stories about the impact of this pandemic in many African countries and the real situations of people and communities have been collected in the text published by Ajan, the network of African Jesuits against AIDS established by the Conference of Major Superiors of Africa and Madagascar (JESAM) in 2002 to coordinate and expand the response of the Society of Jesus to the pandemic. According to information sent to Fides Agency by the General Curia of the Jesuits, this book besides indicating the medical and logistical challenges that continue to plague Africa, focuses on the particular context of the area, steeped in poverty, conflict and inequality, brings out the cultural and ethical issues and highlights the need for a global response. A wide range of contributions by specialists of the social, legal, ethical field, offer large-scale prospects, while community-based successful responses are documented. To request copies of the book contact: firstname.lastname@example.org . (SL) (Agenzia Fides 20/11/2013)
- 2015-10-12 - Ugandan Bishops: "Pope Francis comes here as a bridge builder"
- 2015-09-30 - Bishops on the challenges regarding the family in Africa: poverty, war, ecological crisis, contrary ideologies
- 2015-09-22 - Africa prepares to welcome Pope Francis
- 2015-06-10 - "The main problem in Africa is the crisis of values", says a UN African Special Representative
- 2015-04-20 - Senegalese NGO: "An international coalition to combat human trafficking"
- 2015-03-26 - Rome -Caritas meeting: A million displaced persons and refugees fleeing Boko Haram
- 2015-03-18 - AFRICA – One out of 5 people with Ebola is a child
- 2015-03-14 - "Africa, a continent on the move", Africa is always more part of the global village
- 2015-03-02 - "Do not lose hope aroused by the Arab Spring", say the Bishops of North Africa
- 2015-01-08 - The Holy See expresses gratitude to local Churches in Africa fighting Ebola