VATICAN – A statement of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The Congregation of Propaganda Fide, not infrequently, is made the subject of non benevolent and moralistic attention by an Italian newspaper known for its critical nature. A few days ago, again in half-truths and speculation, published news which does not correspond to truth. For example, it wrote that IMU is not paid for the assets administered by the Congregation.
In this respect, it would be enough to turn to competent authorities to find out that in 2012 the Dicastery paid Euro 1,952,000.00, for IMU in Rome alone.
With regads to the income derived from the properties, taxes are regularly paid in Italy.
It is worth also remembering that the assets administered by the Congregation come from donations on behalf of those who, generously, over many years, wanted to contribute to the missionary works in the world. As a result, the Congregation in Rome provides not only institutional support but also supports the cultural and educational activities of the Pontifical Urbaniana University, the Pontifical Urban College and countless missionary institutions in Africa, Asia, Oceania and Latin America/Caribbean. The Pontifical Urbaniana University in the academic year 2012/2013 welcomed 1,484 students from over one hundred countries; the Urban College, founded in 1627, houses 160 students of mission territories for a long period of vocational formation and cultural development.
The Congregation of Propaganda Fide is grateful to the benefactors, who, with their help and esteem, participate in the proclamation of the gospel and the support of numerous educational, social and humanitarian initiatives.
The financial statements of the Congregation are submitted annually to the control of the Prefecture for the Economic Affairs of the Holy See (equivalent to the Court of Auditors in Italy) (Agenzia Fides 18/11/2013)
VATICAN – A STATEMENT OF THE CONGREGATION FOR THE EVANGELIZATION OF PEOPLES
- 2014-12-03 - VATICAN – Religious leaders resolve “to work for the freedom of all those who are enslaved and trafficked”
- 2014-11-26 - The First International Day of Prayer and Awareness against Human Trafficking
- 2014-11-24 - Pope Francis: may the Lord grant a new missionary drive to the Church in India
- 2014-10-30 - Pope's appeal: take all necessary measures to eradicate the Ebola virus
- 2014-10-25 - WORLD MISSION DAY - CATHOLIC CHURCH STATISTICS 2014
- 2014-10-20 - Pope Paul VI, "a staunch supporter of the mission ad gentes"
- 2014-10-18 - VATICAN – Blessed Pope Paul VI: "The love for Missions is love for the Church, love for Christ!"
- 2014-10-13 - The memory of the missionaries, their examples, attract and inspire us to imitate their faith
- 2014-10-07 - First ever global campaign by the 160 Caritas national organisations: ending world hunger is their priority
- 2014-10-01 - The feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, opens the Mission Month