VATICAN – A statement of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The Congregation of Propaganda Fide, not infrequently, is made the subject of non benevolent and moralistic attention by an Italian newspaper known for its critical nature. A few days ago, again in half-truths and speculation, published news which does not correspond to truth. For example, it wrote that IMU is not paid for the assets administered by the Congregation.
In this respect, it would be enough to turn to competent authorities to find out that in 2012 the Dicastery paid Euro 1,952,000.00, for IMU in Rome alone.
With regads to the income derived from the properties, taxes are regularly paid in Italy.
It is worth also remembering that the assets administered by the Congregation come from donations on behalf of those who, generously, over many years, wanted to contribute to the missionary works in the world. As a result, the Congregation in Rome provides not only institutional support but also supports the cultural and educational activities of the Pontifical Urbaniana University, the Pontifical Urban College and countless missionary institutions in Africa, Asia, Oceania and Latin America/Caribbean. The Pontifical Urbaniana University in the academic year 2012/2013 welcomed 1,484 students from over one hundred countries; the Urban College, founded in 1627, houses 160 students of mission territories for a long period of vocational formation and cultural development.
The Congregation of Propaganda Fide is grateful to the benefactors, who, with their help and esteem, participate in the proclamation of the gospel and the support of numerous educational, social and humanitarian initiatives.
The financial statements of the Congregation are submitted annually to the control of the Prefecture for the Economic Affairs of the Holy See (equivalent to the Court of Auditors in Italy) (Agenzia Fides 18/11/2013)
VATICAN – A STATEMENT OF THE CONGREGATION FOR THE EVANGELIZATION OF PEOPLES
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide
- 2015-06-17 - VATICAN – The Pope: "the international community should act in a fitting and effective way to prevent the causes of forced migration"
- 2015-06-05 - Pope Francis to the PMS: "missionary activity is still the greatest challenge for the Church"
- 2015-05-28 - General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies: "How to support the universal mission today and tomorrow"
- 2015-05-25 - The Pope's Message for World Mission Day 2015
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"