VATICAN – A statement of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The Congregation of Propaganda Fide, not infrequently, is made the subject of non benevolent and moralistic attention by an Italian newspaper known for its critical nature. A few days ago, again in half-truths and speculation, published news which does not correspond to truth. For example, it wrote that IMU is not paid for the assets administered by the Congregation.
In this respect, it would be enough to turn to competent authorities to find out that in 2012 the Dicastery paid Euro 1,952,000.00, for IMU in Rome alone.
With regads to the income derived from the properties, taxes are regularly paid in Italy.
It is worth also remembering that the assets administered by the Congregation come from donations on behalf of those who, generously, over many years, wanted to contribute to the missionary works in the world. As a result, the Congregation in Rome provides not only institutional support but also supports the cultural and educational activities of the Pontifical Urbaniana University, the Pontifical Urban College and countless missionary institutions in Africa, Asia, Oceania and Latin America/Caribbean. The Pontifical Urbaniana University in the academic year 2012/2013 welcomed 1,484 students from over one hundred countries; the Urban College, founded in 1627, houses 160 students of mission territories for a long period of vocational formation and cultural development.
The Congregation of Propaganda Fide is grateful to the benefactors, who, with their help and esteem, participate in the proclamation of the gospel and the support of numerous educational, social and humanitarian initiatives.
The financial statements of the Congregation are submitted annually to the control of the Prefecture for the Economic Affairs of the Holy See (equivalent to the Court of Auditors in Italy) (Agenzia Fides 18/11/2013)
VATICAN – A STATEMENT OF THE CONGREGATION FOR THE EVANGELIZATION OF PEOPLES
- 2015-11-30 - Cardinal Filoni’s report: those who do not know Christ and the challenges for the Church increase
- 2015-11-27 - Plenary Assembly of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples: missionary awareness and young Churches 50 years after the Ad Gentes Decree
- 2015-11-12 - Statement from the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
- 2015-11-03 - Pope's appeal for Central Africa: "put an end to this cycle of violence"
- 2015-10-29 - Cardinal Filoni: Only peace will save the indigenous Christian communities in Mesopotamia
- 2015-10-28 - Appeal from the 5 continents: "The fight against climate change must respect the rights of the poor"
- 2015-10-28 - Urbaniana University: to form men and women capable of becoming bridges of relationships and instruments of mutual understanding
- 2015-10-16 - The Missionary Rosary for World Mission Day and the 50th anniversary of the "Ad Gentes" decree
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins