ASIA/SYRIA - "Ad interim" government of the Syrian opposition: Christians, excluded, protest
Istanbul (Agenzia Fides) - The representatives of the Syriac and Assyrian Christian members of the Syrian National Coalition - the Syrian opposition groups recognized last year as the sole legitimate representative of the Syrian people from different foreign Chancelleries - have signed a statement denouncing the absence of Christian leaders in the "ad interim" government consisting of nine ministers and established yesterday by the Coalition during a meeting in Istanbul. In the long statement, re-launched by Iraqi sources and sent to Fides Agency, the Assyrian and Syrian representatives speak of "deliberate marginalization and exclusion " designed to expel a component from the operational choices" that has given much to the Syrian revolution".
After two days of discussion in Istanbul, the Coalition decided to join the Peace Conference "Geneva 2" sponsored by Russia and the United States. Despite the accolades obtained within the international community, the National Coalition and the Free Syrian Army connected to it appear to be increasingly marginalized in the fight against Assad. The Christian Assyrian and Syriac abbreviation as the Assyrian Demcratic Organization (ADO) represent a small component within the Syrian National Coalition. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 13/11/2013)
- 2015-11-18 - Assad: "Putin is the only defender of Christian civilization"
- 2015-11-17 - Pax Christi: need to put an end to the support to jihadist groups
- 2015-11-11 - Assyrian associations denounce the violence and abuse of Kurdish forces
- 2015-11-07 - The jihadist Islamic State release 37 other Assyrian hostages of the valley of Khabur
- 2015-10-28 - Russian delegation meets representatives of Churches and religious communities
- 2015-10-27 - Father Murad speaks of his captivity
- 2015-10-26 - ASIA/SYRIA – A shell hits Latin Church in Aleppo during the celebration of Mass. Bishop Abou Khazen: it could have been a massacre
- 2015-10-26 - violence and human rights: lessons in peace building in war zones.
- 2015-10-23 - Christians in Hassakè denounce attempts to expropriate properties of emigrants
- 2015-10-20 - Offensive in Aleppo. Archbishop Marayati: we pay the price of the 'Holy Wars' carried out by others