ASIA/SYRIA - "Ad interim" government of the Syrian opposition: Christians, excluded, protest
Istanbul (Agenzia Fides) - The representatives of the Syriac and Assyrian Christian members of the Syrian National Coalition - the Syrian opposition groups recognized last year as the sole legitimate representative of the Syrian people from different foreign Chancelleries - have signed a statement denouncing the absence of Christian leaders in the "ad interim" government consisting of nine ministers and established yesterday by the Coalition during a meeting in Istanbul. In the long statement, re-launched by Iraqi sources and sent to Fides Agency, the Assyrian and Syrian representatives speak of "deliberate marginalization and exclusion " designed to expel a component from the operational choices" that has given much to the Syrian revolution".
After two days of discussion in Istanbul, the Coalition decided to join the Peace Conference "Geneva 2" sponsored by Russia and the United States. Despite the accolades obtained within the international community, the National Coalition and the Free Syrian Army connected to it appear to be increasingly marginalized in the fight against Assad. The Christian Assyrian and Syriac abbreviation as the Assyrian Demcratic Organization (ADO) represent a small component within the Syrian National Coalition. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 13/11/2013)
- 2014-12-05 - Melkite Patriarch Grégoire III: al Azhar Conference “fundamental event”. Islamist ideology harms both Christians and Muslims
- 2014-12-01 - Civil war is causing the loss of a generation of children
- 2014-11-15 - 25 Christian families still in Raqqa. Obligation to pay a "protection tax"
- 2014-11-14 - Archbishop Hindo: if the US attack the Syrian army, we will have a second Libya
- 2014-11-12 - Negotiations for a truce in Aleppo. Bishop Abou Khazen: it is only useful if it brings us closer to true peace
- 2014-10-30 - The Catholic Syrian Bishops: if the world wants to help us, stop sending us weapons!
- 2014-10-13 - The five Christians of the Orontes Valley, who were still being held by jihadists, have been released
- 2014-10-10 - Five Christians of the Orontes Valley still held by Islamic jihadists
- 2014-10-09 - Father Jallouf Hanna has been released
- 2014-10-09 - ASIA/SYRIA – The four women abducted along with Father Hanna have been released; no message from the kidnappers