ASIA/SYRIA - "Ad interim" government of the Syrian opposition: Christians, excluded, protest
Istanbul (Agenzia Fides) - The representatives of the Syriac and Assyrian Christian members of the Syrian National Coalition - the Syrian opposition groups recognized last year as the sole legitimate representative of the Syrian people from different foreign Chancelleries - have signed a statement denouncing the absence of Christian leaders in the "ad interim" government consisting of nine ministers and established yesterday by the Coalition during a meeting in Istanbul. In the long statement, re-launched by Iraqi sources and sent to Fides Agency, the Assyrian and Syrian representatives speak of "deliberate marginalization and exclusion " designed to expel a component from the operational choices" that has given much to the Syrian revolution".
After two days of discussion in Istanbul, the Coalition decided to join the Peace Conference "Geneva 2" sponsored by Russia and the United States. Despite the accolades obtained within the international community, the National Coalition and the Free Syrian Army connected to it appear to be increasingly marginalized in the fight against Assad. The Christian Assyrian and Syriac abbreviation as the Assyrian Demcratic Organization (ADO) represent a small component within the Syrian National Coalition. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 13/11/2013)
- 2015-05-22 - ASIA/SYRIA – Fr. Jacques Murad kidnapped; he belonged to the same community of Father Paolo Dall'Oglio
- 2015-05-13 - Raid of the coalition in the Khabur valley; Assyrian hostages are likely to become "human shields"
- 2015-05-08 - Chaldean Bishop of Aleppo: in dirty wars in the Middle East there are those who exploit the suffering of Christians
- 2015-04-30 - Archbishop Hindo: "jihadi attack warded off in Hassaké. Deadlock in negotiations for the release of Assyrian hostages"
- 2015-04-17 - Christian Cemeteries vandalized in Mosul and in Galilee
- 2015-04-17 - The Syrian government dedicates a garden to the Martyrs of the Assyrian Genocide in the center of Damascus
- 2015-04-15 - The Heads of the Christian communities in Aleppo: is it the time of the Resurrection of the Savior or the funeral of his disciples?
- 2015-04-14 - Bombings on Christian neighborhoods in Aleppo, also two young Salesian animators killed
- 2015-04-09 - Caritas operator dies in the bombing in Aleppo
- 2015-04-01 - Idlib in the hands of jihadists. Orthodox priest kidnapped