ASIA/CHINA - "Special" pilgrims in the parish of Yi Xing Fu
Tian Jin (Agenzia Fides) - The parish of Yi Xing Fu in the Diocese of Tian Jin, in mainland China, welcomed a group of "special" pilgrims on 27 October: we are talking about forty faithful who were protestants and have recently been welcomed into the Catholic Church, and are now part of the community of the Cathedral of Xi Kai dedicated to the Immaculate Conception.
As reported to Fides Agency by Faith of He Bei, the pilgrims were led by members of the Group of Evangelization of the Cathedral of Xi Kai, and accompanied by other parishioners. During the homily of the Mass, the parish priest of Yi Xing Fu, Don Yuan, expressed a warm welcome towards these new brothers and sisters, pausing to illustrate the structure of the ecclesial hierarchy and the meaning of the Church: "one, holy, catholic and apostolic".
Then the pilgrims came to know the reality of parish life and pastoral activities, as well as sharing their experience. The pilgrimage is in fact one of the many initiatives promoted by the Group of Evangelization of the Cathedral of Xi Kai to consolidate the formation of these brothers and sisters who have recently entered the Catholic Church. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 06/11/2013)
- 2014-09-16 - ASIA/CHINA – Death of Archbishop Giuseppe Wu, zealous shepherd dedicated to formation of seminarians and women religious
- 2014-09-16 - “The mission of priests today”: cultural sharing in Taiwan for a group of priests from He Bei
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission
- 2014-05-26 - 20 000 baptisms celebrated at Easter in the Catholic community in mainland China
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent