ASIA/CHINA - "Special" pilgrims in the parish of Yi Xing Fu
Tian Jin (Agenzia Fides) - The parish of Yi Xing Fu in the Diocese of Tian Jin, in mainland China, welcomed a group of "special" pilgrims on 27 October: we are talking about forty faithful who were protestants and have recently been welcomed into the Catholic Church, and are now part of the community of the Cathedral of Xi Kai dedicated to the Immaculate Conception.
As reported to Fides Agency by Faith of He Bei, the pilgrims were led by members of the Group of Evangelization of the Cathedral of Xi Kai, and accompanied by other parishioners. During the homily of the Mass, the parish priest of Yi Xing Fu, Don Yuan, expressed a warm welcome towards these new brothers and sisters, pausing to illustrate the structure of the ecclesial hierarchy and the meaning of the Church: "one, holy, catholic and apostolic".
Then the pilgrims came to know the reality of parish life and pastoral activities, as well as sharing their experience. The pilgrimage is in fact one of the many initiatives promoted by the Group of Evangelization of the Cathedral of Xi Kai to consolidate the formation of these brothers and sisters who have recently entered the Catholic Church. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 06/11/2013)
- 2015-04-17 - Catholic communities towards the Jubilee of Mercy
- 2015-03-24 - The Chinese Catholic community towards Easter
- 2015-03-17 - Even the "24 hours for the Lord" in the Lenten journey of the Chinese Catholics
- 2015-03-10 - The Bishop of Jing Xian highlights the need to give authentic Christian witness
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer
- 2014-12-02 - The Year of Consecrated Life begins: witnesses of hope in the future