ASIA/CHINA - "Special" pilgrims in the parish of Yi Xing Fu
Tian Jin (Agenzia Fides) - The parish of Yi Xing Fu in the Diocese of Tian Jin, in mainland China, welcomed a group of "special" pilgrims on 27 October: we are talking about forty faithful who were protestants and have recently been welcomed into the Catholic Church, and are now part of the community of the Cathedral of Xi Kai dedicated to the Immaculate Conception.
As reported to Fides Agency by Faith of He Bei, the pilgrims were led by members of the Group of Evangelization of the Cathedral of Xi Kai, and accompanied by other parishioners. During the homily of the Mass, the parish priest of Yi Xing Fu, Don Yuan, expressed a warm welcome towards these new brothers and sisters, pausing to illustrate the structure of the ecclesial hierarchy and the meaning of the Church: "one, holy, catholic and apostolic".
Then the pilgrims came to know the reality of parish life and pastoral activities, as well as sharing their experience. The pilgrimage is in fact one of the many initiatives promoted by the Group of Evangelization of the Cathedral of Xi Kai to consolidate the formation of these brothers and sisters who have recently entered the Catholic Church. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 06/11/2013)
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent
- 2014-03-07 - The women of Zi Gong: active in the Church and in society, following the example of Mary
- 2014-03-04 - ASIA/CHINA – The formation of the laity in view of Lent intensifies
- 2014-02-27 - ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year
- 2014-02-19 - Formation: priority commitment of the Catholic community for the new year
- 2014-02-12 - 2014 "Year of the Gospel" in the parish of Xi Liu Lin
- 2014-01-30 - Chinese New Year: opportunity for vocational pastoral ministry and evangelization
- 2014-01-28 - 25 years of priesthood for some of the first priests ordained after the Cultural Revolution