ASIA/CHINA - "Special" pilgrims in the parish of Yi Xing Fu
Tian Jin (Agenzia Fides) - The parish of Yi Xing Fu in the Diocese of Tian Jin, in mainland China, welcomed a group of "special" pilgrims on 27 October: we are talking about forty faithful who were protestants and have recently been welcomed into the Catholic Church, and are now part of the community of the Cathedral of Xi Kai dedicated to the Immaculate Conception.
As reported to Fides Agency by Faith of He Bei, the pilgrims were led by members of the Group of Evangelization of the Cathedral of Xi Kai, and accompanied by other parishioners. During the homily of the Mass, the parish priest of Yi Xing Fu, Don Yuan, expressed a warm welcome towards these new brothers and sisters, pausing to illustrate the structure of the ecclesial hierarchy and the meaning of the Church: "one, holy, catholic and apostolic".
Then the pilgrims came to know the reality of parish life and pastoral activities, as well as sharing their experience. The pilgrimage is in fact one of the many initiatives promoted by the Group of Evangelization of the Cathedral of Xi Kai to consolidate the formation of these brothers and sisters who have recently entered the Catholic Church. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 06/11/2013)
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer
- 2014-12-02 - The Year of Consecrated Life begins: witnesses of hope in the future
- 2014-11-27 - A group of doctors provide free health service in the diocese of Hai Men
- 2014-11-05 - After years of waiting, the small community of Lai Gang has its own chapel
- 2014-10-29 - Christians and make Catholics aware of their missionary responsibility
- 2014-10-08 - Mgr. Giovanni Chrysostom Lan Shi, an apostle of the youth
- 2014-10-08 - Msg. Giovanni Battista Wang Jin’s particular commitment to priestly vocations
- 2014-09-26 - A hundred days dedicated to the formation of young people in the diocese of Xian Xian
- 2014-09-25 - Born into a family of martyrs, Fr. Bonaventura De Li Chong has died, a witness of the Gospel and the life of charity