ASIA/SYRIA - The Jesuits on the Syrian conflict: Let’s stop arms dealers
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - In order to understand and stop the conflict in Syria "one should recognize and call by name the real interests at stake, at a local, regional and international level, which do not correspond to the interests of the Syrian people". This is the suggested path as a key to the Syrian crisis by the Provincial Superiors of the Jesuits of the Middle East and Europe, who met in Rome on Friday, October 25. In the final statement, sent to Fides Agency, the Jesuit provincials dwell in particular on arm trafficking as a factor in triggering and feeding of wars and acts of terrorism suffered by the peoples of the Middle East: "We" write the religious in reference to the situation in Syria "call for an end to the supply and sale of arms to all parties in conflict". The final message of the meeting also focused on the situation of indigenous Christian communities, present in Syria since the early days of Christianity. According to the Jesuits "solutions that provide the exile of these communities" are not tolerable. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 29/10/2013)
- 2015-05-28 - Appeal of the Marists of Aleppo to the Pope: if you want Christians to remain, the war must be stopped
- 2015-05-27 - Assyrian hostages: jihadists release two women
- 2015-05-26 - The jihadists retreat from the villages on the river Khabur, leaving destroyed crosses and vandalized churches
- 2015-05-25 - Syrian Catholic Patriarch Ignace Youssif III: prayer and fasting for father Murad and deacon Hanna’s release
- 2015-05-22 - ASIA/SYRIA – Fr. Jacques Murad kidnapped; he belonged to the same community of Father Paolo Dall'Oglio
- 2015-05-13 - Raid of the coalition in the Khabur valley; Assyrian hostages are likely to become "human shields"
- 2015-05-08 - Chaldean Bishop of Aleppo: in dirty wars in the Middle East there are those who exploit the suffering of Christians
- 2015-04-30 - Archbishop Hindo: "jihadi attack warded off in Hassaké. Deadlock in negotiations for the release of Assyrian hostages"
- 2015-04-17 - Christian Cemeteries vandalized in Mosul and in Galilee
- 2015-04-17 - The Syrian government dedicates a garden to the Martyrs of the Assyrian Genocide in the center of Damascus