AMERICA/PERU - 5,000 malnourished children in the province of Santa
Chimbote (Agenzia Fides) - In the province of Santa, which belongs to the Peruvian region of Ancash, one of those with greater financial resources, there are over 5000 children who suffer from chronic malnutrition. The figure was reported in a statement by the director of Red de Salud Pacífico Norte, who explained that these children account for 1% of a total of 25,000 children. Generally, this involves children who live in rural areas of the province, such as Lupahuari, Santa Ana, Cambio Puente. In addition, although the figure at a local level seems alarming, the highest percentage of malnourished children continues to be registered in the province of Pallasca, with a rate of 19% of cases. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 28/10/2013)
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking