AMERICA/PERU - 5,000 malnourished children in the province of Santa
Chimbote (Agenzia Fides) - In the province of Santa, which belongs to the Peruvian region of Ancash, one of those with greater financial resources, there are over 5000 children who suffer from chronic malnutrition. The figure was reported in a statement by the director of Red de Salud Pacífico Norte, who explained that these children account for 1% of a total of 25,000 children. Generally, this involves children who live in rural areas of the province, such as Lupahuari, Santa Ana, Cambio Puente. In addition, although the figure at a local level seems alarming, the highest percentage of malnourished children continues to be registered in the province of Pallasca, with a rate of 19% of cases. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 28/10/2013)
- 2014-07-26 - 193 years of independent and Catholic life
- 2014-07-07 - The President receives requests to stop the law on therapeutic abortion
- 2014-07-04 - School conditions for poor Ashaninkas children
- 2014-07-02 - Legislation for therapeutic abortion is "immoral, unconstitutional and illegal"
- 2014-06-23 - Disabled children integrated in public schools in the south-west area of the Country
- 2014-06-13 - Denunciation of the Bishop of Puerto Maldonado for the violent intervention of the police against the miners
- 2014-05-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "to link all to criminality is just junk journalism"
- 2014-05-17 - Ceramic workshop in prison, with the help of the local Church
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas
- 2014-04-02 - More than 600 former child workers have started school in the province of Chiclayo