AMERICA/PERU - 5,000 malnourished children in the province of Santa
Chimbote (Agenzia Fides) - In the province of Santa, which belongs to the Peruvian region of Ancash, one of those with greater financial resources, there are over 5000 children who suffer from chronic malnutrition. The figure was reported in a statement by the director of Red de Salud Pacífico Norte, who explained that these children account for 1% of a total of 25,000 children. Generally, this involves children who live in rural areas of the province, such as Lupahuari, Santa Ana, Cambio Puente. In addition, although the figure at a local level seems alarming, the highest percentage of malnourished children continues to be registered in the province of Pallasca, with a rate of 19% of cases. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 28/10/2013)
- 2015-01-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote asks protection for judges: "We are living in fear"
- 2015-01-22 - Mgr. Salvador Piñeiro re-elected President of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-19 - Missionary Father Bachs has died, defender of the right to education of young people in need
- 2014-12-16 - Climate change: Christians in defense of the weak and of their suffering
- 2014-12-13 - Analysis of the socio-cultural impacts of mining and contribution of missionaries
- 2014-12-03 - COP 20: world meeting for climatic justice, churches together to care for creation
- 2014-11-15 - "Network for a Culture of meeting", also Cusco present at the XIII Meeting of RIIAL
- 2014-11-05 - The Bishops are always close to the 3 and a half million Peruvians away from home
- 2014-10-31 - Thousands of young people on pilgrimage instead of the "Feast of Hallowen"
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth