AMERICA/PERU - 5,000 malnourished children in the province of Santa
Chimbote (Agenzia Fides) - In the province of Santa, which belongs to the Peruvian region of Ancash, one of those with greater financial resources, there are over 5000 children who suffer from chronic malnutrition. The figure was reported in a statement by the director of Red de Salud Pacífico Norte, who explained that these children account for 1% of a total of 25,000 children. Generally, this involves children who live in rural areas of the province, such as Lupahuari, Santa Ana, Cambio Puente. In addition, although the figure at a local level seems alarming, the highest percentage of malnourished children continues to be registered in the province of Pallasca, with a rate of 19% of cases. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 28/10/2013)
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking
- 2015-07-25 - AMERICA/PERU – 100 years of mission among indigenous women in the Amazon
- 2015-07-23 - Peru and Brazil together to eradicate child labour in Amazonia
- 2015-07-03 - Lost childhood in coffee plantations
- 2015-06-13 - National Week of the Migrant: Letter of Bishops to 3 million Peruvians abroad
- 2015-05-12 - Bishops call for urgent action and dialogue, "No more violence" for the Tia Maria case
- 2015-04-13 - Many children grow up in prison with their imprisoned mothers
- 2015-04-09 - Children forced to attend classes under trees infested by wasps