AFRICA/BURKINA FASO - John Paul II foundation for the Sahel: renew oneself for a better service to the poor
Ouagadougou (Agenzia Fides) - Need for a renewal of the "John Paul II Foundation for the Sahel" so that it realizes its service in the best way to combat drought and desertification in the Sahel, carrying out the Pope’s charity every day, was brought to light during the work of the Board of Directors of the Foundation, which ends today in Ouagadougou. According to the note sent to Fides Agency by the diocesan curia of Bissau, this extraordinary session was opened on 25 October with the intervention of the Archbishop of Ouagadougou, His Exc. Mgr. Philippe Ouedraogo; the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Foundation, His Exc. Mgr. Jean -Pierre Bassene, Bishop of Kolda (Senegal ); the Apostolic Nuncio in Burkina - Niger, Archbishop Vito Rallo, and Cardinal Robert Sarah, President of Cor Unum.
In its 30 years of life, the Foundation has fulfilled its mission of being a "good Samaritan" for people in greatest need of the nine countries that it embraces (Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Chad, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal), now the focus of this meeting is what paths are to be taken in order to continue in the support towards poor people in their fight against drought in the Sahel. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 28/10/2013)
- 2014-09-12 - Profession of vows at the end of the Jubilee Year for the 400th anniversary since the death of St Camillus
- 2013-10-28 - John Paul II foundation for the Sahel: renew oneself for a better service to the poor
- 2013-09-21 - "The Catholic Church will not sit in the Senate" say the Catholic Bishops
- 2013-07-23 - The Bishops: "Burkina Faso needs justice, reconciliation and peace"
- 2013-02-20 - Caritas Sahel Meeting: focus Humanitarian Crisis in Mali
- 2012-12-15 - Centenary of the Evangelization of Koudougou: an extraordinary opportunity to become more aware of the missionary mandate
- 2012-11-24 - "There is always the widow's contribution that gives hope": testimony of the Bishop of Tenkodogo
- 2012-10-25 - A Camillian from Burkina Faso dies at the age of 21, on the 45th day of his first religious profession
- 2012-10-18 - "It is a great thing to serve others": the testimony of a missionary Camillian doctor from Burkina Faso
- 2012-07-16 - Famine and insecurity at the base of the exodus of refugees from Mali; the project of the Camillian Task Force