AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Famine and diseases afflicting the Sudanese refugees
Bambari (Agenzia Fides) - For two months, the Sudanese refugees residing in the camp of Bambari, in the Central African Republic, have no access to food. The spokesperson of the field reported to Radio Dabanga that refugees are in extremely precarious conditions and added that in the last two weeks due to an illness, which still remains mysterious, three women and a child were killed. The symptoms are headaches, chest pains, and vomiting of blood, the causes have not yet been identified. An appeal to humanitarian agencies has been launched for a timely supply of food and drugs. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 23/10/2013)
- 2014-03-05 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Imam of Bangui: "If we want peace, we must be impartial and condemn all forms of violence"
- 2014-02-26 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC – Work goes on at Bangui university despite chaos
- 2014-02-24 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC - “churches and mosques must be rid of armed infiltrators”: say the Catholic Archbishop and the Imam of Bangui
- 2014-02-18 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The Anti Balaka are doing more damage than Seleka", says a missionary
- 2014-02-14 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "God exists and God knows"
- 2014-02-10 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Religious leaders’ appeal: "Do not drag religion into political conflict"
- 2014-02-07 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "Christians and Muslims: the same blood, the same language, the same Country"
- 2014-02-04 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The situation in Bouar is a bit calmer although there are reprisals against the Muslims"
- 2014-01-27 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA – Are the Anti Balaka really a "Christian militia"?
- 2014-01-23 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The State has collapsed, UN intervention is needed": appeal of the Archbishop of Bangui and the Imam