AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Famine and diseases afflicting the Sudanese refugees
Bambari (Agenzia Fides) - For two months, the Sudanese refugees residing in the camp of Bambari, in the Central African Republic, have no access to food. The spokesperson of the field reported to Radio Dabanga that refugees are in extremely precarious conditions and added that in the last two weeks due to an illness, which still remains mysterious, three women and a child were killed. The symptoms are headaches, chest pains, and vomiting of blood, the causes have not yet been identified. An appeal to humanitarian agencies has been launched for a timely supply of food and drugs. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 23/10/2013)
- 2013-12-09 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The situation in Bangui is slowly normalizing, but there are still thousands of refugees in parishes"
- 2013-12-07 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The whole country is terrorized": new testimonies on the drama of Central Africa
- 2013-12-07 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - The testimony of two missionaries who welcome the displaced people fleeing violence
- 2013-12-06 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "Apocalypse in Bangui" says Mgr. Aguirre to Fides
- 2013-12-05 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Intense gunfire in Bangui, civilians flee
- 2013-12-03 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The arrival of French and African troops is having positive effects"
- 2013-12-02 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Caritas meeting in Rome on the humanitarian emergency in Central Africa
- 2013-11-26 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Precarious situation in Central Africa; Paris announces the sending of other 800 soldiers
- 2013-11-21 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "Genocide is probably exaggerated, but anything could happen", says a missionary
- 2013-11-18 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "In Central Africa we risk a new bloodbath" says a missionary