AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Children, adolescents and mothers: main victims of dengue
Asuncion (Agenzia Fides) - According to the latest data from the Ministry of Health of Paraguay, the main victims of dengue hemorrhagic fever are currently children, adolescents and mothers. To cope with this emergency, the local health authorities have decided to launch a preventive campaign aimed specifically at minors and mothers. Within the next few weeks a National Committee for Dengue will be set up. From June until October this year, 9 people have died from dengue. In this area of the country, including the capital, preventive measures to eliminate the reproduction of mosquitos must be doubled. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 19/10/2013)
- 2015-04-27 - Indigenous people live in poverty but maintain their traditions
- 2015-03-04 - The appeal of 450 thousand working children: "We do not want to be exploited"
- 2014-12-09 - On the feast day of Our Lady of Caacupé bishop denounces corruption and drug trafficking
- 2014-12-04 - Paraguayan Missionaries join fellow Paraguayans in Argentina to celebrate Our Lady of Caacupé
- 2014-12-01 - Novena to Our Lady of Caacupé, opportunity to reflect on the rights of the defenseless and the responsibilities of politicians
- 2014-11-25 - The Church is not discouraged because of the drug trade, it will continue to fight for justice and peace
- 2014-11-14 - In defense of family rights: draft law rejected
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' Conference asks to "put a stop to corruption"
- 2014-11-07 - The Bishops in defense of indigenous people appeal to the InterAmerican Commission on Human Rights
- 2014-10-06 - Thousands of children abused and forced to live on the street