EUROPE/ENGLAND - On October 20, we can all become missionaries ...
London (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishop of Rustenburg, South Africa, Bishop Kevin Dowling, renowned anti-apartheid fighter who with orphans in the platinum mine communities in Rustenburg, will be in London for World Mission Day, on Sunday, 20 October. Invited by Missio, the Bishop will be visiting schools and sharing his experiences of missionary and celebrate Mass at Westminster Cathedral on World Mission Sunday.
According to information sent to Fides Agency, South Africa is the focus of World Mission Sunday and money raised in parishes in England and Wales will go to support the work of missionaries like Bishop Kevin and his team of volunteers. Mgr. Canon James Cronin, National Director of Missio England and Wales, said: "World Mission Sunday is our chance to join Pope Francis in building a Universal Church reaching out to the most marginalised in our world. Catholic missionaries go to areas most in need of Gospel values of love, hope and grace so that our brothers and sisters overseas can hear that Jesus loves them. On the 20th October, we can all become missionaries through prayer and giving to the worldwide Church". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 16/10/2013)
- 2013-11-05 - EUROPE/GREAT BRITAIN – Children trafficking continues to increase: the last case of a girl kidnapped in Somalia for the sale of organs
- 2013-10-16 - On October 20, we can all become missionaries ...
- 2013-06-04 - Malnutrition causes learning difficulties to a quarter of children around the world
- 2011-10-08 - Two reasons for celebration for Missio Scotland on the occasion of World Mission Day
- 2010-01-08 - New Salesian Primary School in Bootle, open to international relations