AMERICA/CHILE - A 12-meter missionary cross to conclude the "Youth Mission"
Auco (Agenzia Fides) - A 12-meter high cross will be placed in front of the Shrine of St. Teresa of the Andes, in the city of Auco (Chile), about 70 kilometers north of Santiago, and will be composed of many "small crosses" that traveled throughout Chile, in hospitals, prisons, community centers, camps ... during the "Youth Mission", promoted by the V General Conference of the Latin American Bishops (Aparecida 2007), and carried out as part of the Continental Mission.
To form this structure, the 27 dioceses in the Country each sent cubes of carved wood, with reliefs depicting the most significant moments of life, culture, religion. According to the information that the Commission of Mision Joven sent to Fides Agency, the work has already started because on the 19th of October, as part of the activities for missionary month and for the conclusion of the youth pilgrimage to the Shrine of St. Teresa of the Andes, the first part of this project will be blessed, which should be completed by Easter 2014. On that date the Territorial Mission in Chile will officially begin (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/10/2013)
- 2015-07-01 - Procession at sea on Easter Island for St. Peter, praying for the Pope's visit
- 2015-05-19 - The main problems of childhood in Chile: Sexual exploitation, trafficking, drugs, alcohol
- 2015-05-18 - First agreement between former political prisoners and government, Mgr. Goic President of the Commission
- 2015-05-16 - Two students die during the protests; the Church appeals for non-violence
- 2015-05-06 - Bishops' statement: "The right to truth, forgiveness is not impunity"
- 2015-04-15 - Protection of life and communication in the Church's mission, priority in the Chilean Church
- 2015-04-14 - Floods force more than 40 000 children not to go to school
- 2015-03-30 - Floods and landslides: 12 dead and thousands displaced, Caritas at work
- 2015-02-23 - Rudimental bomb explodes near a parish in the capital
- 2015-01-29 - "We have lost a great opportunity": criticism regarding the Law on Education