AMERICA/CHILE - A 12-meter missionary cross to conclude the "Youth Mission"
Auco (Agenzia Fides) - A 12-meter high cross will be placed in front of the Shrine of St. Teresa of the Andes, in the city of Auco (Chile), about 70 kilometers north of Santiago, and will be composed of many "small crosses" that traveled throughout Chile, in hospitals, prisons, community centers, camps ... during the "Youth Mission", promoted by the V General Conference of the Latin American Bishops (Aparecida 2007), and carried out as part of the Continental Mission.
To form this structure, the 27 dioceses in the Country each sent cubes of carved wood, with reliefs depicting the most significant moments of life, culture, religion. According to the information that the Commission of Mision Joven sent to Fides Agency, the work has already started because on the 19th of October, as part of the activities for missionary month and for the conclusion of the youth pilgrimage to the Shrine of St. Teresa of the Andes, the first part of this project will be blessed, which should be completed by Easter 2014. On that date the Territorial Mission in Chile will officially begin (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/10/2013)
- 2015-10-22 - A global network of volunteers for minors at risk
- 2015-10-19 - V Meeting for Pastoral Operators of Human Mobility in Bolivia, Chile and Peru
- 2015-10-05 - The Bishop of Punta Arenas thanks for the clarification on the gas supply
- 2015-09-29 - The Bishop of Punta Arenas denounces: There is no transparency in the agreements for gas
- 2015-09-25 - Earthquake victims help other victims: the President of Caritas Chile in the affected areas
- 2015-08-06 - "Freedoms have limits", said Mgr. Chomalí
- 2015-08-03 - “Abortion is never therapeutic”: local Catholic Church attacks
- 2015-07-01 - Procession at sea on Easter Island for St. Peter, praying for the Pope's visit
- 2015-05-19 - The main problems of childhood in Chile: Sexual exploitation, trafficking, drugs, alcohol
- 2015-05-18 - First agreement between former political prisoners and government, Mgr. Goic President of the Commission