AMERICA/CHILE - A 12-meter missionary cross to conclude the "Youth Mission"
Auco (Agenzia Fides) - A 12-meter high cross will be placed in front of the Shrine of St. Teresa of the Andes, in the city of Auco (Chile), about 70 kilometers north of Santiago, and will be composed of many "small crosses" that traveled throughout Chile, in hospitals, prisons, community centers, camps ... during the "Youth Mission", promoted by the V General Conference of the Latin American Bishops (Aparecida 2007), and carried out as part of the Continental Mission.
To form this structure, the 27 dioceses in the Country each sent cubes of carved wood, with reliefs depicting the most significant moments of life, culture, religion. According to the information that the Commission of Mision Joven sent to Fides Agency, the work has already started because on the 19th of October, as part of the activities for missionary month and for the conclusion of the youth pilgrimage to the Shrine of St. Teresa of the Andes, the first part of this project will be blessed, which should be completed by Easter 2014. On that date the Territorial Mission in Chile will officially begin (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/10/2013)
- 2014-11-19 - Bishops support: "an educational reform for the good of the nation"
- 2014-10-20 - A hundred thousand on a pilgrimage for the family to the shrine of the first Chilean Saint
- 2014-10-03 - Apostolic Vicar of Aysen awarded: "Water is also a problem of sovereignty"
- 2014-06-26 - Wüñol Tripantu, the Mapuche celebration of the rebirth of life
- 2014-06-20 - "Here we are Lord, in the World Cup": special section on the website of the Catholic Bishops' Conference
- 2014-05-30 - AMERICA/CHILE – Local Catholic Church committed to educational reform nation wide
- 2014-05-07 - The decline in vocations to priesthood at the center of the Assembly of Bishops of Chile
- 2014-04-14 - Card. Ezzati’s appeal: Solidarity with the people of Valparaiso after the tragic fire
- 2014-01-09 - Peru and Chile, brotherly peoples
- 2014-01-07 - "One should listen to the Mapuche people in order to resolve the conflict in Araucanía" asks the Bishop of Temuco