ASIA/CHINA - "Faith is the happiness that God has given us"
Shanghai (Agenzia Fides) - "Faith is the happiness that God has given us". Thus begins the comment written by His Exc. Mgr. Thaddeus Ma Daqin with regards to Pope Francis’ encyclical Lumen Fidei (see Fides 10/08/2013). This piece of writing has its value as it retransmits in enculturated terms the beautiful message that Pope Francis wanted to give believers around the world. "In this life faith in Christ our Lord is the best wish", so sing the Chinese faithful, and the reflections of the bishop.
Faith - the Bishop writes - is a gift of the Spirit, that illuminates the path of life, rather it is the way of God, a way of life and light, where Christ is the tender and safe guide. It is lamp that not only illuminates the path, but sustains us in times of deep sadness, giving us courage and reason for living. We must like Christ, be faithful and true witness, with words, but also with deeds. (Agenzia Fides 10/10/2013 )
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer
- 2014-12-02 - The Year of Consecrated Life begins: witnesses of hope in the future
- 2014-11-27 - A group of doctors provide free health service in the diocese of Hai Men
- 2014-11-05 - After years of waiting, the small community of Lai Gang has its own chapel
- 2014-10-29 - Christians and make Catholics aware of their missionary responsibility
- 2014-10-08 - Mgr. Giovanni Chrysostom Lan Shi, an apostle of the youth
- 2014-10-08 - Msg. Giovanni Battista Wang Jin’s particular commitment to priestly vocations
- 2014-09-26 - A hundred days dedicated to the formation of young people in the diocese of Xian Xian
- 2014-09-25 - Born into a family of martyrs, Fr. Bonaventura De Li Chong has died, a witness of the Gospel and the life of charity