ASIA/CHINA - "Faith is the happiness that God has given us"
Shanghai (Agenzia Fides) - "Faith is the happiness that God has given us". Thus begins the comment written by His Exc. Mgr. Thaddeus Ma Daqin with regards to Pope Francis’ encyclical Lumen Fidei (see Fides 10/08/2013). This piece of writing has its value as it retransmits in enculturated terms the beautiful message that Pope Francis wanted to give believers around the world. "In this life faith in Christ our Lord is the best wish", so sing the Chinese faithful, and the reflections of the bishop.
Faith - the Bishop writes - is a gift of the Spirit, that illuminates the path of life, rather it is the way of God, a way of life and light, where Christ is the tender and safe guide. It is lamp that not only illuminates the path, but sustains us in times of deep sadness, giving us courage and reason for living. We must like Christ, be faithful and true witness, with words, but also with deeds. (Agenzia Fides 10/10/2013 )
- 2014-09-26 - A hundred days dedicated to the formation of young people in the diocese of Xian Xian
- 2014-09-25 - Born into a family of martyrs, Fr. Bonaventura De Li Chong has died, a witness of the Gospel and the life of charity
- 2014-09-16 - ASIA/CHINA – Death of Archbishop Giuseppe Wu, zealous shepherd dedicated to formation of seminarians and women religious
- 2014-09-16 - “The mission of priests today”: cultural sharing in Taiwan for a group of priests from He Bei
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission
- 2014-05-26 - 20 000 baptisms celebrated at Easter in the Catholic community in mainland China
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties