ASIA/CHINA - "Faith is the happiness that God has given us"
Shanghai (Agenzia Fides) - "Faith is the happiness that God has given us". Thus begins the comment written by His Exc. Mgr. Thaddeus Ma Daqin with regards to Pope Francis’ encyclical Lumen Fidei (see Fides 10/08/2013). This piece of writing has its value as it retransmits in enculturated terms the beautiful message that Pope Francis wanted to give believers around the world. "In this life faith in Christ our Lord is the best wish", so sing the Chinese faithful, and the reflections of the bishop.
Faith - the Bishop writes - is a gift of the Spirit, that illuminates the path of life, rather it is the way of God, a way of life and light, where Christ is the tender and safe guide. It is lamp that not only illuminates the path, but sustains us in times of deep sadness, giving us courage and reason for living. We must like Christ, be faithful and true witness, with words, but also with deeds. (Agenzia Fides 10/10/2013 )
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent
- 2014-03-07 - The women of Zi Gong: active in the Church and in society, following the example of Mary
- 2014-03-04 - ASIA/CHINA – The formation of the laity in view of Lent intensifies
- 2014-02-27 - ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year
- 2014-02-19 - Formation: priority commitment of the Catholic community for the new year
- 2014-02-12 - 2014 "Year of the Gospel" in the parish of Xi Liu Lin
- 2014-01-30 - Chinese New Year: opportunity for vocational pastoral ministry and evangelization
- 2014-01-28 - 25 years of priesthood for some of the first priests ordained after the Cultural Revolution