ASIA/CHINA - "Faith is the happiness that God has given us"
Shanghai (Agenzia Fides) - "Faith is the happiness that God has given us". Thus begins the comment written by His Exc. Mgr. Thaddeus Ma Daqin with regards to Pope Francis’ encyclical Lumen Fidei (see Fides 10/08/2013). This piece of writing has its value as it retransmits in enculturated terms the beautiful message that Pope Francis wanted to give believers around the world. "In this life faith in Christ our Lord is the best wish", so sing the Chinese faithful, and the reflections of the bishop.
Faith - the Bishop writes - is a gift of the Spirit, that illuminates the path of life, rather it is the way of God, a way of life and light, where Christ is the tender and safe guide. It is lamp that not only illuminates the path, but sustains us in times of deep sadness, giving us courage and reason for living. We must like Christ, be faithful and true witness, with words, but also with deeds. (Agenzia Fides 10/10/2013 )
- 2015-04-17 - Catholic communities towards the Jubilee of Mercy
- 2015-03-24 - The Chinese Catholic community towards Easter
- 2015-03-17 - Even the "24 hours for the Lord" in the Lenten journey of the Chinese Catholics
- 2015-03-10 - The Bishop of Jing Xian highlights the need to give authentic Christian witness
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer
- 2014-12-02 - The Year of Consecrated Life begins: witnesses of hope in the future