ASIA/CHINA - "In the Footsteps of St. Teresa, go on a mission"
Shi Jia Zhuang ( Agenzia Fides) - "In the footsteps of St. Therese, Patroness of the Missions, go on a mission!" This is what His Exc. Mgr. Joseph Li Lian Gui, Bishop of the Diocese of Xian Xian/Cang Zhou, in the province of He Bei, told the 9 priests and two deacons who were ordained on October 1, the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux. As pointed out by the Bishop, the 1st October was very significant, because it is the feast of the Patroness of the Missions that has many devotees in China and marks the beginning of the month of the rosary and the missionary month. According to information sent to Fides Agency, two important anniversaries are celebrated this year: 150 years since the construction of the Cathedral and 10 years after its new consecration. The new priests are aware that the ordination to priesthood and diaconate is "a new beginning of their mission and their life dedicated to the Lord, rather than a goal achieved". They chose the House of Elders for their first celebration of the Eucharist, to emphasize that their focus will always be directed towards the most vulnerable and needy.
Always at the beginning of the missionary month, even the archdiocese of Tai Yuan (Shanxi) celebrated the ordination of four priests, presided over by His Excellency Msg. Meng Ning You, Coadjutor of the Archdiocese. After a long and intense spiritual retreat for priests of the Archdiocese on the theme of prayer, community sharing and the life of faith, with joy, "the priestly community welcomed these 4 new brothers, to put themselves at the service of the people of God". (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 08/10/2013)
- 2015-04-17 - Catholic communities towards the Jubilee of Mercy
- 2015-03-24 - The Chinese Catholic community towards Easter
- 2015-03-17 - Even the "24 hours for the Lord" in the Lenten journey of the Chinese Catholics
- 2015-03-10 - The Bishop of Jing Xian highlights the need to give authentic Christian witness
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer
- 2014-12-02 - The Year of Consecrated Life begins: witnesses of hope in the future