VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni to the Korean seminarians: "be a man of God, not administrators or bureaucrats"
Seoul (Agenzia Fides) - The last meeting of the pastoral visit in Korea of Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, was reserved for seminarians, on Saturday afternoon, October 5.
"This meeting ideally embraces all of the students of our Seminaries in Korea, to whom I give my affectionate greetings - the Cardinal said the Seminarians gathered in the Major Seminary in Seoul along with their formators - . The Church in Korea responds today with more than 1,500 young men to its future pastoral needs, preparing you for priestly ministry".
The Cardinal then paused to reflect on discernment and orientation: "the time that you spend in the Seminary - he said - is a time of discernment, of orientation, and of preparation for the service of God and the Church. In this context, I want to highlight the responsibility that falls to your Bishops and formators, who may not give to this duty only a small part of their time or a partial attention".
Then outlining the characteristics that a priest must have, the Prefect of the Congregation pointed out: "be a man of God, be a man of prayer, a man of noble virtues and of charity, who loves the Gospel, a man truly formed by the word and by Divine Wisdom. Not, therefore, bureaucrats or administrators of religious questions like any other non-governmental organization (NGO), not ideologues of an evangelical message of a type socialized according to a reading consonant with political and social sciences; even less a sort of immanent and self-referential psychiatrist, deprived of transcendence and sense of mission; and even less a kind of elitist, that is, standing far away from reality in a context of disembodied pessimism, far away from God and from humanity". After thanking the Bishops, formatord and teachers, Cardinal Filoni concluded: "I want to assure you, dear Seminarians, that our Congregation follows your progress with much attention. You represent the hope of the Church in Korea, a Church that is alive and very much admired in the Catholic world, as well as in this Asiac Region". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 07/10/2013 )
- 2014-12-03 - VATICAN – Religious leaders resolve “to work for the freedom of all those who are enslaved and trafficked”
- 2014-11-26 - The First International Day of Prayer and Awareness against Human Trafficking
- 2014-11-24 - Pope Francis: may the Lord grant a new missionary drive to the Church in India
- 2014-10-30 - Pope's appeal: take all necessary measures to eradicate the Ebola virus
- 2014-10-25 - WORLD MISSION DAY - CATHOLIC CHURCH STATISTICS 2014
- 2014-10-20 - Pope Paul VI, "a staunch supporter of the mission ad gentes"
- 2014-10-18 - VATICAN – Blessed Pope Paul VI: "The love for Missions is love for the Church, love for Christ!"
- 2014-10-13 - The memory of the missionaries, their examples, attract and inspire us to imitate their faith
- 2014-10-07 - First ever global campaign by the 160 Caritas national organisations: ending world hunger is their priority
- 2014-10-01 - The feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, opens the Mission Month