AMERICA/BRAZIL - III World Conference on Child Labour
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - The III World Conference on Child Labour will be held from 8th to 10th of October, in Brasilia, in the course of which the main challenges to eliminate all forms of child exploitation will be discussed. Promoted by the International Labour Organisation (ILO), the conference will be attended by representatives of 150 countries of the five continents. It is a meeting where experiences will be shared regarding urban child labor, the agricultural sector, production chains, the violation of children's rights, migration and education models, in addition to the role of the legal system to combat the phenomenon. According to the recent report of September 2013, announced by the ILO, the number of child workers between 5 and 17 years of age in the world has declined by a third, from 246 million to 168 million between 2000 and 2012. The main progresses were recorded between 2008 and 2012, down from 215 million to 168 million. In Brazil, between 1992 and 2012, the number of child laborers fell by 58 %. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 07/10/2013)
- 2014-03-04 AMERICA/BRAZIL - " Fraternity and human trafficking", a constant struggle against this scourge
- 2014-02-17 AMERICA/BRAZIL - "Play for Life": thousands of religious mobilize against human trafficking
- 2014-02-06 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Cardinal Filoni: "The announcement ad gentes is part of the responsibility that all the particular Churches have toward Christ"
- 2014-02-04 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Cardinal Filoni to Brazilian Bishops: The II Vatican Council and the missionary dimension of the Church
- 2014-02-03 AMERICA/BRAZIL - 50 years since the II Vatican Council: missionary commitment, consecrated life, episcopal ministry of Bishops
- 2014-01-23 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Prisons do not re-educate and are in crisis: intervention of the Archbishop of Rio
- 2013-11-29 AMERICA/BRAZIL - A single voice: "the problem concerning land has to be solved permanently"
- 2013-11-20 AMERICA/BRAZIL - "Play for Life" campaign against human trafficking in view of the World Cup
- 2013-11-09 AMERICA/BRAZIL - The Bishops: Catholic communities in the front line against human trafficking
- 2013-10-19 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Orionines at the Assembly in Aparecida, 100 years after the arrival of the first missionaries in Brazil