AMERICA/BRAZIL - III World Conference on Child Labour
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - The III World Conference on Child Labour will be held from 8th to 10th of October, in Brasilia, in the course of which the main challenges to eliminate all forms of child exploitation will be discussed. Promoted by the International Labour Organisation (ILO), the conference will be attended by representatives of 150 countries of the five continents. It is a meeting where experiences will be shared regarding urban child labor, the agricultural sector, production chains, the violation of children's rights, migration and education models, in addition to the role of the legal system to combat the phenomenon. According to the recent report of September 2013, announced by the ILO, the number of child workers between 5 and 17 years of age in the world has declined by a third, from 246 million to 168 million between 2000 and 2012. The main progresses were recorded between 2008 and 2012, down from 215 million to 168 million. In Brazil, between 1992 and 2012, the number of child laborers fell by 58 %. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 07/10/2013)
- 2015-05-27 - Bishops’ refelection: "Thinking Brazil", social inequalities in Brazil
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI
- 2015-04-28 - Theme chosen for Missionary Campaign 2015 in Brazil: "Mission is to serve"
- 2015-04-15 - Report of the Pastoral Commission for Land: Homicides in the rural area increase
- 2015-04-13 - First missionary experience of fifty young men and women religious in the Amazon
- 2015-04-09 - Twelve million people live in favelas: educational projects for children
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved