AMERICA/BRAZIL - III World Conference on Child Labour
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - The III World Conference on Child Labour will be held from 8th to 10th of October, in Brasilia, in the course of which the main challenges to eliminate all forms of child exploitation will be discussed. Promoted by the International Labour Organisation (ILO), the conference will be attended by representatives of 150 countries of the five continents. It is a meeting where experiences will be shared regarding urban child labor, the agricultural sector, production chains, the violation of children's rights, migration and education models, in addition to the role of the legal system to combat the phenomenon. According to the recent report of September 2013, announced by the ILO, the number of child workers between 5 and 17 years of age in the world has declined by a third, from 246 million to 168 million between 2000 and 2012. The main progresses were recorded between 2008 and 2012, down from 215 million to 168 million. In Brazil, between 1992 and 2012, the number of child laborers fell by 58 %. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 07/10/2013)
- 2014-11-24 - There are now 500 thousand signatures which have been collected for the Democratic Political Reform
- 2014-11-20 - Support of the Church with regards to the formation of political consciousness for democratic reform
- 2014-10-27 - Beatification of the co-founder of the Scalabrinians: "May the whole Church be missionary of truth, mother Assunta did it"
- 2014-10-27 - Dilma Rousseff re-elected President with a narrow margin: she will have to face recession, corruption and discontent
- 2014-10-24 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – Bishops’ statement: "No backtrack on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples"
- 2014-09-24 - Missionary Campaign 2014: One cannot combat human trafficking without combatting poverty and inequality
- 2014-09-18 - Elections of October 5: corruption enters the electoral debate
- 2014-09-17 - Join forces for joint action: establishment of the "Red Eclesial Pan-Amazon"
- 2014-09-02 - Bishops’ Conference promotes television debate between candidates for Presidency
- 2014-08-22 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – The "Ecumenism and the Missions" Symposium begins