AMERICA/URUGUAY - The family at the center of missionary October
Montevideo (Agenzia Fides) - With the slogan "Missionary Uruguay share your faith. Go, build , confess", even Uruguay prepares to celebrate, on 19 and 20 October, World Mission Day. The Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) of Uruguay sent to Fides Agency information about subsidies and other material prepared to live the missionary month.
As in other Latin American countries, every week of October has a specific theme to work on, one reflects and there is a commitment to live the missionary mandate. In Uruguay during the first week all communities reflected on the theme "The journey of faith of the missionary families", the second week 's theme is "Building in faith with the families of the community", the third week, "What does to confess the faith mean" and the fourth week: "The family, the environment 's primary mission".
Just for the preparation and the celebration of World Mission Day, the PMS of Uruguay have completely renewed their website, where one can also download the "Boletin Digital" and can follow the different activities of missionary groups through video. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/10/2013)
- 2014-09-26 - The Bishops for the upcoming election: "We dream of a country where human life and the family are worth more than a hectare of land"
- 2014-09-19 - AMERICA/URUGUAY – The meeting of the PMS of the American Southern Cone: working together for the mission Ad gentes
- 2014-09-08 - “Passionate Communicators of the Good News”: meeting for Cono sur Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2013-12-19 - Over 13 thousand signatures in favor of clean environment
- 2013-12-13 - The legalization of marijuana will destroy family
- 2013-10-07 - The family at the center of missionary October
- 2013-07-02 - New educational center for the prevention of child labor
- 2013-06-21 - Invitation of the Church: a vote for a referendum against abortion
- 2013-02-23 - Social inclusion and “unity in diversity”: a challenge for the Church
- 2012-11-30 - Child labor and gender discrimination for Afro-Uruguayan children