AMERICA/BRAZIL - The "Igreja Catholic apostolic brasileira" is a schismatic community
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The "Igreja Catholic apostolic brasileira", founded by Mr. Carlos Duarte Costa, who died in 1961, and was succeeded by Mr. Luis Fernando Castillo Mendes, who died in 2009, is considered a schismatic community, and as such is not acknowledged any role in the Catholic Church. The Bishops ordained in such community cannot exercise any ministry within the Catholic Church and their ordinations are not recognized. All organizations and associations linked to such communities must be considered as any other non-Catholic institution. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 27/09/2013)
- 2014-09-24 - Missionary Campaign 2014: One cannot combat human trafficking without combatting poverty and inequality
- 2014-09-18 - Elections of October 5: corruption enters the electoral debate
- 2014-09-17 - Join forces for joint action: establishment of the "Red Eclesial Pan-Amazon"
- 2014-09-02 - Bishops’ Conference promotes television debate between candidates for Presidency
- 2014-08-22 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – The "Ecumenism and the Missions" Symposium begins
- 2014-07-23 - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
- 2014-07-18 - The first "National Catholic Congress online" for those working in the field of evangelization
- 2014-07-16 - A photo exhibition on the 33 years of fighting for the rights of indigenous peoples arrives in Manaus
- 2014-07-04 - "Immediate answers concerning the issue of immigrants are urgently needed"
- 2014-06-30 - Exploitation of children: from the World Cup to the Winter Olympics 2016