AMERICA/BRAZIL - The "Igreja Catholic apostolic brasileira" is a schismatic community
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The "Igreja Catholic apostolic brasileira", founded by Mr. Carlos Duarte Costa, who died in 1961, and was succeeded by Mr. Luis Fernando Castillo Mendes, who died in 2009, is considered a schismatic community, and as such is not acknowledged any role in the Catholic Church. The Bishops ordained in such community cannot exercise any ministry within the Catholic Church and their ordinations are not recognized. All organizations and associations linked to such communities must be considered as any other non-Catholic institution. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 27/09/2013)
- 2014-08-22 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – The "Ecumenism and the Missions" Symposium begins
- 2014-07-23 - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
- 2014-07-18 - The first "National Catholic Congress online" for those working in the field of evangelization
- 2014-07-16 - A photo exhibition on the 33 years of fighting for the rights of indigenous peoples arrives in Manaus
- 2014-07-04 - "Immediate answers concerning the issue of immigrants are urgently needed"
- 2014-06-30 - Exploitation of children: from the World Cup to the Winter Olympics 2016
- 2014-06-24 - "Mission to relieve" the missionary campaign against human trafficking in persons
- 2014-06-23 - The tragedy of child prostitution behind the glitz of the World Cup
- 2014-06-17 - Social inclusion and missionary work, the commitment of the Church in Brazil for Haiti continues
- 2014-06-12 - The World Cup begins with a "Red Card to Child Labour"