AMERICA/BRAZIL - The "Igreja Catholic apostolic brasileira" is a schismatic community
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The "Igreja Catholic apostolic brasileira", founded by Mr. Carlos Duarte Costa, who died in 1961, and was succeeded by Mr. Luis Fernando Castillo Mendes, who died in 2009, is considered a schismatic community, and as such is not acknowledged any role in the Catholic Church. The Bishops ordained in such community cannot exercise any ministry within the Catholic Church and their ordinations are not recognized. All organizations and associations linked to such communities must be considered as any other non-Catholic institution. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 27/09/2013)
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI
- 2015-04-28 - Theme chosen for Missionary Campaign 2015 in Brazil: "Mission is to serve"
- 2015-04-15 - Report of the Pastoral Commission for Land: Homicides in the rural area increase
- 2015-04-13 - First missionary experience of fifty young men and women religious in the Amazon
- 2015-04-09 - Twelve million people live in favelas: educational projects for children
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved
- 2015-03-05 - A march for Women's Day in Brasilia:"Religions for women's rights"