AMERICA/BRAZIL - The "Igreja Catholic apostolic brasileira" is a schismatic community
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The "Igreja Catholic apostolic brasileira", founded by Mr. Carlos Duarte Costa, who died in 1961, and was succeeded by Mr. Luis Fernando Castillo Mendes, who died in 2009, is considered a schismatic community, and as such is not acknowledged any role in the Catholic Church. The Bishops ordained in such community cannot exercise any ministry within the Catholic Church and their ordinations are not recognized. All organizations and associations linked to such communities must be considered as any other non-Catholic institution. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 27/09/2013)
- 2015-04-15 - Report of the Pastoral Commission for Land: Homicides in the rural area increase
- 2015-04-13 - First missionary experience of fifty young men and women religious in the Amazon
- 2015-04-09 - Twelve million people live in favelas: educational projects for children
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved
- 2015-03-05 - A march for Women's Day in Brasilia:"Religions for women's rights"
- 2015-02-25 - Mobilization for political Reform and transparent elections continues
- 2015-02-18 - Fraternity Campaign 2015 starts today, theme "Brotherhood: Church and Society "
- 2015-02-16 - Ten years ago the assassination of Sr Dorothy Stang, a seed which is bearing copious fruit
- 2015-02-06 - Missionary organizations at work in 2015: Permanent formation and suburbs