AMERICA/BRAZIL - The PMS of the Southern Cone prepare CAM4 - COMLA9
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - Secretaries and Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) of the Southern Cone of Latin America (Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay and Brazil), met this weekend, from September 20 to 22, in Brasilia, for their sixth meeting. Since 2008, a meeting has been held every year with the aim to reflect, dialogue and find common themes for the work of missionary animation in their respective countries.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the PMS in Brazil states that the opening of the Mass was presided by His Exc. Mgr. Sergio Arthur Braschi, President of the Episcopal Commission for the Missions of the Brazilian Episcopal Conference (CNBB ).
The Bishop stressed the importance of the work of the PMS in mission territories, and spoke of the martyrs of Korea (liturgical memorial of the day), recalling that in that country evangelization began thanks to the laity, only later the French missionaries persecutions and martyrs arrived.
Father Nelito Dornelas, adviser of the Commission for Social Pastoral of the Bishops' conference intervened and presented an overview of the social, economic, political and ecclesial situation in Brazil. Ample space was reserved for the evaluation of the participation of the PMS in World Youth Day (WYD) in Rio, the preparation of the IV American Missionary Congress and the IX Latin American (CAM 4 - Comla 9). Another issue was the Missionary Campaign, how it is organized in each country, and how missionary month is lived, sharing a wealth of different initiatives and results. (CE) ( Agenzia Fides 23/09/2013)
- 2014-07-23 - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
- 2014-07-18 - The first "National Catholic Congress online" for those working in the field of evangelization
- 2014-07-16 - A photo exhibition on the 33 years of fighting for the rights of indigenous peoples arrives in Manaus
- 2014-07-04 - "Immediate answers concerning the issue of immigrants are urgently needed"
- 2014-06-30 - Exploitation of children: from the World Cup to the Winter Olympics 2016
- 2014-06-24 - "Mission to relieve" the missionary campaign against human trafficking in persons
- 2014-06-23 - The tragedy of child prostitution behind the glitz of the World Cup
- 2014-06-17 - Social inclusion and missionary work, the commitment of the Church in Brazil for Haiti continues
- 2014-06-12 - The World Cup begins with a "Red Card to Child Labour"
- 2014-06-11 - "The only goal that matters is the demarcation of our lands", say the indigenous