AMERICA/BRAZIL - The PMS of the Southern Cone prepare CAM4 - COMLA9
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - Secretaries and Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) of the Southern Cone of Latin America (Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay and Brazil), met this weekend, from September 20 to 22, in Brasilia, for their sixth meeting. Since 2008, a meeting has been held every year with the aim to reflect, dialogue and find common themes for the work of missionary animation in their respective countries.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the PMS in Brazil states that the opening of the Mass was presided by His Exc. Mgr. Sergio Arthur Braschi, President of the Episcopal Commission for the Missions of the Brazilian Episcopal Conference (CNBB ).
The Bishop stressed the importance of the work of the PMS in mission territories, and spoke of the martyrs of Korea (liturgical memorial of the day), recalling that in that country evangelization began thanks to the laity, only later the French missionaries persecutions and martyrs arrived.
Father Nelito Dornelas, adviser of the Commission for Social Pastoral of the Bishops' conference intervened and presented an overview of the social, economic, political and ecclesial situation in Brazil. Ample space was reserved for the evaluation of the participation of the PMS in World Youth Day (WYD) in Rio, the preparation of the IV American Missionary Congress and the IX Latin American (CAM 4 - Comla 9). Another issue was the Missionary Campaign, how it is organized in each country, and how missionary month is lived, sharing a wealth of different initiatives and results. (CE) ( Agenzia Fides 23/09/2013)
- 2014-04-07 - CIMI delivers a document on the suffering of the indigenous peoples of the Amazon to the Pope
- 2014-04-04 - "He taught us that in order for the Gospel to be proclaimed it must be acculturated": Brazil and Spain in celebration for the canonization of "Father Anchieta"
- 2014-04-02 - "For a future in freedom and democracy": Bishops' message after 50 years since the military coup
- 2014-03-26 - The Brazilian Church accompanies the World Cup inviting to combat trafficking
- 2014-03-04 - " Fraternity and human trafficking", a constant struggle against this scourge
- 2014-02-17 - "Play for Life": thousands of religious mobilize against human trafficking
- 2014-02-06 - Cardinal Filoni: "The announcement ad gentes is part of the responsibility that all the particular Churches have toward Christ"
- 2014-02-04 - Cardinal Filoni to Brazilian Bishops: The II Vatican Council and the missionary dimension of the Church
- 2014-02-03 - 50 years since the II Vatican Council: missionary commitment, consecrated life, episcopal ministry of Bishops
- 2014-01-23 - Prisons do not re-educate and are in crisis: intervention of the Archbishop of Rio