AMERICA/BRAZIL - The PMS of the Southern Cone prepare CAM4 - COMLA9
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - Secretaries and Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) of the Southern Cone of Latin America (Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay and Brazil), met this weekend, from September 20 to 22, in Brasilia, for their sixth meeting. Since 2008, a meeting has been held every year with the aim to reflect, dialogue and find common themes for the work of missionary animation in their respective countries.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the PMS in Brazil states that the opening of the Mass was presided by His Exc. Mgr. Sergio Arthur Braschi, President of the Episcopal Commission for the Missions of the Brazilian Episcopal Conference (CNBB ).
The Bishop stressed the importance of the work of the PMS in mission territories, and spoke of the martyrs of Korea (liturgical memorial of the day), recalling that in that country evangelization began thanks to the laity, only later the French missionaries persecutions and martyrs arrived.
Father Nelito Dornelas, adviser of the Commission for Social Pastoral of the Bishops' conference intervened and presented an overview of the social, economic, political and ecclesial situation in Brazil. Ample space was reserved for the evaluation of the participation of the PMS in World Youth Day (WYD) in Rio, the preparation of the IV American Missionary Congress and the IX Latin American (CAM 4 - Comla 9). Another issue was the Missionary Campaign, how it is organized in each country, and how missionary month is lived, sharing a wealth of different initiatives and results. (CE) ( Agenzia Fides 23/09/2013)
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI
- 2015-04-28 - Theme chosen for Missionary Campaign 2015 in Brazil: "Mission is to serve"
- 2015-04-15 - Report of the Pastoral Commission for Land: Homicides in the rural area increase
- 2015-04-13 - First missionary experience of fifty young men and women religious in the Amazon
- 2015-04-09 - Twelve million people live in favelas: educational projects for children
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved
- 2015-03-05 - A march for Women's Day in Brasilia:"Religions for women's rights"