AMERICA/BRAZIL - The PMS of the Southern Cone prepare CAM4 - COMLA9
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - Secretaries and Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) of the Southern Cone of Latin America (Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay and Brazil), met this weekend, from September 20 to 22, in Brasilia, for their sixth meeting. Since 2008, a meeting has been held every year with the aim to reflect, dialogue and find common themes for the work of missionary animation in their respective countries.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the PMS in Brazil states that the opening of the Mass was presided by His Exc. Mgr. Sergio Arthur Braschi, President of the Episcopal Commission for the Missions of the Brazilian Episcopal Conference (CNBB ).
The Bishop stressed the importance of the work of the PMS in mission territories, and spoke of the martyrs of Korea (liturgical memorial of the day), recalling that in that country evangelization began thanks to the laity, only later the French missionaries persecutions and martyrs arrived.
Father Nelito Dornelas, adviser of the Commission for Social Pastoral of the Bishops' conference intervened and presented an overview of the social, economic, political and ecclesial situation in Brazil. Ample space was reserved for the evaluation of the participation of the PMS in World Youth Day (WYD) in Rio, the preparation of the IV American Missionary Congress and the IX Latin American (CAM 4 - Comla 9). Another issue was the Missionary Campaign, how it is organized in each country, and how missionary month is lived, sharing a wealth of different initiatives and results. (CE) ( Agenzia Fides 23/09/2013)
- 2015-07-01 - The indifference of the state in the face of a situation of injustice denounced by the Bishop of Dourados
- 2015-06-25 - More than 20,000 people every week prepare themselves for the feast of Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- 2015-06-23 - Report of CIMI: suicide and infant mortality are decimating the indigenous population
- 2015-06-16 - On the border between Peru and Bolivia, crossroads of migrants
- 2015-06-16 - "No to prejudice, yes to rights and participation": week of Migrants
- 2015-06-10 - From Haiti to Brazil in the hands of human traffickers, with the hope of a better future
- 2015-05-27 - Bishops’ refelection: "Thinking Brazil", social inequalities in Brazil
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI