AMERICA/MEXICO - "Migrants are not criminals", the Church continues in the reception of people from Central America
Tlaxcala (Agenzia Fides ) - "La Casa del Migrante del Sagrado Corazon, which is situtated in Apizaco (Tlaxcala) will not close": this was announced by the Bishop of the diocese of Tlaxcala, His Exc. Mgr. Francisco Moreno Barron, who intervened to deny the news which appeared recently in the media about the closure of the home for the migrants (see Fides 21/08/2013). In this regard, the head of the Social Pastoral of the Diocese of Tlaxcala, Father Marco Antonio Padilla Aguilar, said that "there is the need to refurbish and renovate the current home".
According to the note sent to Fides Agency from a local source, the average daily number of Central American migrants who come to this center is between 80 and 100, who stay between one to two days. "Central American migrants are not criminals, even though people would like others to believe they are, but they are just looking for a place to spend the night and it is our responsibility to welcome them", said Father Padilla .
Father Padilla pointed out that there are economic problems in order to continue this work of service to migrants, "but we are looking for support and knock on every door because it is necessary to sensitize the people of Tlaxcala; and only then we will be able to move forward, organizing events to raise funds, but the first step is, however, awareness". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/09/2013)
- 2014-04-15 - Tension in the area of Veracruz due to the work of the hydroelectric power plant
- 2014-04-09 - Six out of 10 children live in poverty, laws are being studied to respect the rights of children
- 2014-04-04 - All involved in finding different mechanisms to put an end to violence
- 2014-03-31 - Mgr. Calzada Guerrero’s appeal:The killings in Oaxaca are a strong wake-up call
- 2014-03-28 - The Bishops: stop with threats! The problem in the area of Veracruz can be resolved through dialogue
- 2014-03-24 - Mgr. Pierre for the 50th anniversary of the Diocese of Veracruz: "Re-launch evangelization"
- 2014-03-15 - The complaint of a Bishop: "Corruption strangles bean farmers"
- 2014-03-14 - How to respond to the challenges of the American continent
- 2014-03-05 - The phenomenon of adolescent mothers who drop out of school continues to worsen
- 2014-03-04 - Ash Wednesday: 200 priests go to prisons, to bring hope and encouragement