AMERICA/MEXICO - "Migrants are not criminals", the Church continues in the reception of people from Central America
Tlaxcala (Agenzia Fides ) - "La Casa del Migrante del Sagrado Corazon, which is situtated in Apizaco (Tlaxcala) will not close": this was announced by the Bishop of the diocese of Tlaxcala, His Exc. Mgr. Francisco Moreno Barron, who intervened to deny the news which appeared recently in the media about the closure of the home for the migrants (see Fides 21/08/2013). In this regard, the head of the Social Pastoral of the Diocese of Tlaxcala, Father Marco Antonio Padilla Aguilar, said that "there is the need to refurbish and renovate the current home".
According to the note sent to Fides Agency from a local source, the average daily number of Central American migrants who come to this center is between 80 and 100, who stay between one to two days. "Central American migrants are not criminals, even though people would like others to believe they are, but they are just looking for a place to spend the night and it is our responsibility to welcome them", said Father Padilla .
Father Padilla pointed out that there are economic problems in order to continue this work of service to migrants, "but we are looking for support and knock on every door because it is necessary to sensitize the people of Tlaxcala; and only then we will be able to move forward, organizing events to raise funds, but the first step is, however, awareness". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/09/2013)
- 2013-12-12 AMERICA/MEXICO -"Foreigners are not criminals": the appeal on behalf of the mothers of the Caravan
- 2013-12-10 AMERICA/MEXICO - Caravan of mothers: "The Church condemns all forms of violence against anyone, including immigrants", says the Bishop of Cordoba
- 2013-12-09 AMERICA/MEXICO - Evening Mass restarts, the communities want to prepare themselves for upcoming feasts
- 2013-12-07 AMERICA/MEXICO - "The Church is not afraid of threats", says the Bishop of Toluca
- 2013-12-06 AMERICA/MEXICO - "They left alive, we want them back alive": solidarity for the Caravan of Central American mothers
- 2013-11-25 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Violence against women is a social challenge", says Bishop Sanchez
- 2013-11-21 AMERICA/MEXICO - The Archbishop of Morelia calls on the population: "take shelter... there is violence in the street"
- 2013-11-12 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Evangelization in a context of violence" at the center of the reflection of the Bishops’ Assembly
- 2013-11-11 AMERICA/MEXICO - Three commitments on behalf of the authorities for migrants, after the intervention of Mgr. Vera López
- 2013-11-06 AMERICA/MEXICO – Historic event: a Bishop at the Congress of Coahuila opens a dialogue for the rights of migrants