AMERICA/MEXICO - "Migrants are not criminals", the Church continues in the reception of people from Central America
Tlaxcala (Agenzia Fides ) - "La Casa del Migrante del Sagrado Corazon, which is situtated in Apizaco (Tlaxcala) will not close": this was announced by the Bishop of the diocese of Tlaxcala, His Exc. Mgr. Francisco Moreno Barron, who intervened to deny the news which appeared recently in the media about the closure of the home for the migrants (see Fides 21/08/2013). In this regard, the head of the Social Pastoral of the Diocese of Tlaxcala, Father Marco Antonio Padilla Aguilar, said that "there is the need to refurbish and renovate the current home".
According to the note sent to Fides Agency from a local source, the average daily number of Central American migrants who come to this center is between 80 and 100, who stay between one to two days. "Central American migrants are not criminals, even though people would like others to believe they are, but they are just looking for a place to spend the night and it is our responsibility to welcome them", said Father Padilla .
Father Padilla pointed out that there are economic problems in order to continue this work of service to migrants, "but we are looking for support and knock on every door because it is necessary to sensitize the people of Tlaxcala; and only then we will be able to move forward, organizing events to raise funds, but the first step is, however, awareness". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/09/2013)
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction
- 2014-09-24 - Priest found dead in the river Balsas
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"
- 2014-09-16 - "To be free is to recognise goodness and see that evil enslaves”: Independence Day celebrations
- 2014-09-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – majority of child workers in Mexico’s south east regions
- 2014-09-08 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Appointment of National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societi
- 2014-09-01 - “Migrants: for a better world”, pastoral care for human mobility national meeting
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop