AMERICA/MEXICO – Respect, promote and recognize the human rights of indigenous women
San Cristóbal de Las Casas ( Agenzia Fides) – It is necessary to work for the rights of indigenous women so that they are really respected, valued and recognized, in order to make sure that they also occupy their rightful place in society. This is the warning launched by the Mexican government in view of the International Day for Indigenous Peoples. Firstly all laws should be equalized, regardless of gender, promote economic and social development, fund and establish specific programs, offer education, public security, justice. These proposals fall within the State Meeting on Indigenous Populations and their Development, Nuestras Raíces Nos Unen, in order to reduce the gap between gender differences and equal opportunities for men and women. Working without distinction of religion, political affiliation and ideology, always together, is the goal of the authorities for public policy of Chiapas.
Mexico is a multiethnic Country with 2 thousand 433 municipalities, of which 871 are indigenous. Before the indigenous peoples of the Tseltal, tsotsil, Chol, Zoque, tojolabal, Mame, Kakchiquel, Lacandon, Mocho, Jacalteco, Chuj and Q'anjobal regions, the Executive government stressed that the priority is to join efforts to ensure the improvement of the quality of life of the inhabitants of Chiapas. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 04/09/2013)
AMERICA/MEXICO – RESPECT, PROMOTE AND RECOGNIZE THE HUMAN RIGHTS OF INDIGENOUS WOMEN
- 2014-12-15 - The Church reminds authorities that they even have to respond to the law for their actions
- 2014-12-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Conclusion of the 10th "Caravan of hope": 9 missing migrants found
- 2014-12-10 - The Church close to the families of the missing students and engaged in proposing solutions
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – After14 years ordination of 9 Indigenous permanent deacons
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Young man dies to obtain justice
- 2014-12-06 - Bishop of Torreón calls for “more proposals and less protests to achieve peace”
- 2014-12-03 - Bishop Alba: "We cannot allow criminals steal our streets, steal our peace"
- 2014-11-29 - After improvised lessons in the street, minors are forced to bring chairs in a house used as a school every day
- 2014-11-29 - Students missing: "The authorities must clarify the situation", said the Bishop of Tlaxcala
- 2014-11-28 - From the first Sunday of Advent: Twelve Days of Prayer for Peace