AMERICA/MEXICO – Respect, promote and recognize the human rights of indigenous women
San Cristóbal de Las Casas ( Agenzia Fides) – It is necessary to work for the rights of indigenous women so that they are really respected, valued and recognized, in order to make sure that they also occupy their rightful place in society. This is the warning launched by the Mexican government in view of the International Day for Indigenous Peoples. Firstly all laws should be equalized, regardless of gender, promote economic and social development, fund and establish specific programs, offer education, public security, justice. These proposals fall within the State Meeting on Indigenous Populations and their Development, Nuestras Raíces Nos Unen, in order to reduce the gap between gender differences and equal opportunities for men and women. Working without distinction of religion, political affiliation and ideology, always together, is the goal of the authorities for public policy of Chiapas.
Mexico is a multiethnic Country with 2 thousand 433 municipalities, of which 871 are indigenous. Before the indigenous peoples of the Tseltal, tsotsil, Chol, Zoque, tojolabal, Mame, Kakchiquel, Lacandon, Mocho, Jacalteco, Chuj and Q'anjobal regions, the Executive government stressed that the priority is to join efforts to ensure the improvement of the quality of life of the inhabitants of Chiapas. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 04/09/2013)
AMERICA/MEXICO – RESPECT, PROMOTE AND RECOGNIZE THE HUMAN RIGHTS OF INDIGENOUS WOMEN
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"