AMERICA/MEXICO – Respect, promote and recognize the human rights of indigenous women
San Cristóbal de Las Casas ( Agenzia Fides) – It is necessary to work for the rights of indigenous women so that they are really respected, valued and recognized, in order to make sure that they also occupy their rightful place in society. This is the warning launched by the Mexican government in view of the International Day for Indigenous Peoples. Firstly all laws should be equalized, regardless of gender, promote economic and social development, fund and establish specific programs, offer education, public security, justice. These proposals fall within the State Meeting on Indigenous Populations and their Development, Nuestras Raíces Nos Unen, in order to reduce the gap between gender differences and equal opportunities for men and women. Working without distinction of religion, political affiliation and ideology, always together, is the goal of the authorities for public policy of Chiapas.
Mexico is a multiethnic Country with 2 thousand 433 municipalities, of which 871 are indigenous. Before the indigenous peoples of the Tseltal, tsotsil, Chol, Zoque, tojolabal, Mame, Kakchiquel, Lacandon, Mocho, Jacalteco, Chuj and Q'anjobal regions, the Executive government stressed that the priority is to join efforts to ensure the improvement of the quality of life of the inhabitants of Chiapas. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 04/09/2013)
AMERICA/MEXICO – RESPECT, PROMOTE AND RECOGNIZE THE HUMAN RIGHTS OF INDIGENOUS WOMEN
- 2015-08-03 - Solidarity Prize: Spanish Bishops in favour of Las Patronas candidature
- 2015-07-27 - Mariachi Zombie: amusing animated television series discredits bad zombie myth
- 2015-07-22 - Truth, justice, forgiveness and reconciliation: the pillars of peace promoted by the Church
- 2015-07-20 - Young Chiapas form an orchestra with pre-Hispanic instruments
- 2015-07-14 - Bishops on the escape of El Chapo, "we are not naive, we must eradicate corruption"
- 2015-07-13 - "Corruption spreads when transparency remains only good intentions": the Catholic voice before the scandals
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend