AMERICA/MEXICO – Respect, promote and recognize the human rights of indigenous women
San Cristóbal de Las Casas ( Agenzia Fides) – It is necessary to work for the rights of indigenous women so that they are really respected, valued and recognized, in order to make sure that they also occupy their rightful place in society. This is the warning launched by the Mexican government in view of the International Day for Indigenous Peoples. Firstly all laws should be equalized, regardless of gender, promote economic and social development, fund and establish specific programs, offer education, public security, justice. These proposals fall within the State Meeting on Indigenous Populations and their Development, Nuestras Raíces Nos Unen, in order to reduce the gap between gender differences and equal opportunities for men and women. Working without distinction of religion, political affiliation and ideology, always together, is the goal of the authorities for public policy of Chiapas.
Mexico is a multiethnic Country with 2 thousand 433 municipalities, of which 871 are indigenous. Before the indigenous peoples of the Tseltal, tsotsil, Chol, Zoque, tojolabal, Mame, Kakchiquel, Lacandon, Mocho, Jacalteco, Chuj and Q'anjobal regions, the Executive government stressed that the priority is to join efforts to ensure the improvement of the quality of life of the inhabitants of Chiapas. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 04/09/2013)
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration
- 2014-07-11 - The Central American Church's commitment to eradicate the causes of child emigration
- 2014-07-07 - More than 8 million indigenous women suffer physical and moral violence
- 2014-07-04 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Inauguration of a reception center, but the issue on migrants should be resolved at the root