AMERICA/MEXICO – Respect, promote and recognize the human rights of indigenous women
San Cristóbal de Las Casas ( Agenzia Fides) – It is necessary to work for the rights of indigenous women so that they are really respected, valued and recognized, in order to make sure that they also occupy their rightful place in society. This is the warning launched by the Mexican government in view of the International Day for Indigenous Peoples. Firstly all laws should be equalized, regardless of gender, promote economic and social development, fund and establish specific programs, offer education, public security, justice. These proposals fall within the State Meeting on Indigenous Populations and their Development, Nuestras Raíces Nos Unen, in order to reduce the gap between gender differences and equal opportunities for men and women. Working without distinction of religion, political affiliation and ideology, always together, is the goal of the authorities for public policy of Chiapas.
Mexico is a multiethnic Country with 2 thousand 433 municipalities, of which 871 are indigenous. Before the indigenous peoples of the Tseltal, tsotsil, Chol, Zoque, tojolabal, Mame, Kakchiquel, Lacandon, Mocho, Jacalteco, Chuj and Q'anjobal regions, the Executive government stressed that the priority is to join efforts to ensure the improvement of the quality of life of the inhabitants of Chiapas. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 04/09/2013)
AMERICA/MEXICO – RESPECT, PROMOTE AND RECOGNIZE THE HUMAN RIGHTS OF INDIGENOUS WOMEN
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination
- 2015-05-13 - Tarahumara children sleep in schools so they are not forced to walk five hours
- 2015-05-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – When will violence be stopped?
- 2015-05-11 - Mgr. Armendáriz to candidates: "We want proposals rather than promises"
- 2015-05-06 - The monumental image of the "Cristo de las Noas" will be donated to the diocese of Torreon
- 2015-04-30 - Toys, sweets, clothes, shoes: collection in favor of the more vulnerable indigenous children
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States