AMERICA/MEXICO - The phenomenon of child beggars needs to be stopped
Durango ( Agenzia Fides) - There are about hundreds of people who "work" on the streets, selling all kinds of goods or begging in the city of Durango. Most of them are minors who are exploited by their parents to "touch the hearts" of passers-by and get more money easily. The competent authorities of the city are monitoring the situation to prevent the exploitation of children. Organisms are operational through the Promesa program, thanks to which 132 children street workers have been recovered. Unfortunately, the phenomenon does not tend to stop. The risks faced by living and begging on the streets are very high because the children are often involved in accidents and assaults by adults. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 30/08/2013)
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States
- 2015-04-17 - The Assembly of Bishops: "Without trust and participation we cannot go forth!"
- 2015-04-15 - Every year thousands of children are born on the street, at home or in situations considered at high risk
- 2015-04-14 - Meeting between the Church and those responsible of the elections: no to boycott
- 2015-04-09 - Another priest killed
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase