AMERICA/MEXICO - The phenomenon of child beggars needs to be stopped
Durango ( Agenzia Fides) - There are about hundreds of people who "work" on the streets, selling all kinds of goods or begging in the city of Durango. Most of them are minors who are exploited by their parents to "touch the hearts" of passers-by and get more money easily. The competent authorities of the city are monitoring the situation to prevent the exploitation of children. Organisms are operational through the Promesa program, thanks to which 132 children street workers have been recovered. Unfortunately, the phenomenon does not tend to stop. The risks faced by living and begging on the streets are very high because the children are often involved in accidents and assaults by adults. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 30/08/2013)
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"
- 2014-10-21 - When you do not respect the right of even one person, it jeopardizes the right of all
- 2014-10-21 - 2000 children have been killed or maimed between 2006 and 2014
- 2014-10-15 - "Never accept violence as a solution", warns Mgr. Lona Reyes who proposes a prayer campaign
- 2014-10-14 - Bishops on the Iguala case: "clarify what happened, the truth is the path to justice"
- 2014-10-10 - The tragedy of Iguala and its consequences: a letter from the Archbishop of Acapulco
- 2014-10-09 - Corrupt policemen and climate of mistrust, the Bishop of La Paz denounces the silence of the authorities
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction