AMERICA/MEXICO - The phenomenon of child beggars needs to be stopped
Durango ( Agenzia Fides) - There are about hundreds of people who "work" on the streets, selling all kinds of goods or begging in the city of Durango. Most of them are minors who are exploited by their parents to "touch the hearts" of passers-by and get more money easily. The competent authorities of the city are monitoring the situation to prevent the exploitation of children. Organisms are operational through the Promesa program, thanks to which 132 children street workers have been recovered. Unfortunately, the phenomenon does not tend to stop. The risks faced by living and begging on the streets are very high because the children are often involved in accidents and assaults by adults. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 30/08/2013)
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration
- 2014-07-11 - The Central American Church's commitment to eradicate the causes of child emigration
- 2014-07-07 - More than 8 million indigenous women suffer physical and moral violence
- 2014-07-04 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Inauguration of a reception center, but the issue on migrants should be resolved at the root