AMERICA/MEXICO - The phenomenon of child beggars needs to be stopped
Durango ( Agenzia Fides) - There are about hundreds of people who "work" on the streets, selling all kinds of goods or begging in the city of Durango. Most of them are minors who are exploited by their parents to "touch the hearts" of passers-by and get more money easily. The competent authorities of the city are monitoring the situation to prevent the exploitation of children. Organisms are operational through the Promesa program, thanks to which 132 children street workers have been recovered. Unfortunately, the phenomenon does not tend to stop. The risks faced by living and begging on the streets are very high because the children are often involved in accidents and assaults by adults. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 30/08/2013)
- 2014-04-15 - Tension in the area of Veracruz due to the work of the hydroelectric power plant
- 2014-04-09 - Six out of 10 children live in poverty, laws are being studied to respect the rights of children
- 2014-04-04 - All involved in finding different mechanisms to put an end to violence
- 2014-03-31 - Mgr. Calzada Guerrero’s appeal:The killings in Oaxaca are a strong wake-up call
- 2014-03-28 - The Bishops: stop with threats! The problem in the area of Veracruz can be resolved through dialogue
- 2014-03-24 - Mgr. Pierre for the 50th anniversary of the Diocese of Veracruz: "Re-launch evangelization"
- 2014-03-15 - The complaint of a Bishop: "Corruption strangles bean farmers"
- 2014-03-14 - How to respond to the challenges of the American continent
- 2014-03-05 - The phenomenon of adolescent mothers who drop out of school continues to worsen
- 2014-03-04 - Ash Wednesday: 200 priests go to prisons, to bring hope and encouragement