AFRICA/MALAWI - AMECEA: Plenary Assembly 2014 in Lilongwe
Lilongwe (Agenzia Fides) - The 18th AMECEA Plenary Assembly will take place in Malawi, Lilongwe from 16 to 26 July 2014. The theme of the Plenary Assembly is "New Evangelization through true conversion and witnessing to Christian faith".
This means the 18th Plenary Assembly will this time will be hosted by the Episcopal Conference of Malawi. Zambia hosted the 16th Plenary Assembly in 2008. Plenary Assemblies take place every three years and bring together over 250 Bishops of the AMECEA region.
AMECEA is the acronym for Association of Member Episcopal Conferences in Eastern Africa It is a Catholic organization of Catholic Bishops of the eight countries in Eastern, Central and Southern Africa, namely, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Djibouti and Somalia are affiliate members.
(CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/08/2013)
- 2015-05-22 - "Justice and Peace": "The state budget has to give priority to flood victims"
- 2015-05-22 - The Sun Village: center of assistance and support for children in need
- 2015-04-22 - Malawians fleeing xenophobic violence in South Africa: "We were chased like dogs"
- 2015-04-01 - The hope of Easter in the poorest Country in the world
- 2015-03-17 - The Church assists 230,000 flood victims
- 2015-02-25 - Towards a more "human" prison system
- 2015-01-30 - The story of a missionary: Malawi on its knees due to the damage caused by cyclones
- 2015-01-26 - Cholera, hunger, diseases: new threats for thousands of flood victims in Malawi and Mozambique
- 2015-01-22 - "Mgr. Zuza was a person of great courage", says a missionary
- 2015-01-17 - Mgr. Mukasa Zuza dies in a car accident