AFRICA/MALAWI - AMECEA: Plenary Assembly 2014 in Lilongwe
Lilongwe (Agenzia Fides) - The 18th AMECEA Plenary Assembly will take place in Malawi, Lilongwe from 16 to 26 July 2014. The theme of the Plenary Assembly is "New Evangelization through true conversion and witnessing to Christian faith".
This means the 18th Plenary Assembly will this time will be hosted by the Episcopal Conference of Malawi. Zambia hosted the 16th Plenary Assembly in 2008. Plenary Assemblies take place every three years and bring together over 250 Bishops of the AMECEA region.
AMECEA is the acronym for Association of Member Episcopal Conferences in Eastern Africa It is a Catholic organization of Catholic Bishops of the eight countries in Eastern, Central and Southern Africa, namely, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Djibouti and Somalia are affiliate members.
(CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/08/2013)
- 2014-07-16 - More than 250 Bishops from East Africa at the Assembly on new evangelization
- 2014-06-27 - Politics restarts a month after the election; "Transition towards normality is not easy", says a missionary
- 2014-05-31 - Malawi has a new President
- 2014-05-26 - Elections contested: the only thing certain are the irregularities and suspicions of fraud
- 2014-05-22 - Disorganization disturbs the conduct of the elections
- 2014-05-20 - "The most uncertain elections in the last 20 years, but democracy is a fact accepted by all", says a missionary
- 2014-04-03 - Montfort Media and Luntha TV: two important missionary voices
- 2014-02-06 - Valentine's Day: occasion to raise funds for the 18th Plenary Assembly of AMECEA
- 2013-11-23 - Corruption Scandal: "Speedy prosecutions to regain the trust of donors" asks the Church
- 2013-09-26 - Conclusion of the 13th Plenary Assembly of the Biblical Centre for Africa and Madagascar