AFRICA/MALAWI - AMECEA: Plenary Assembly 2014 in Lilongwe
Lilongwe (Agenzia Fides) - The 18th AMECEA Plenary Assembly will take place in Malawi, Lilongwe from 16 to 26 July 2014. The theme of the Plenary Assembly is "New Evangelization through true conversion and witnessing to Christian faith".
This means the 18th Plenary Assembly will this time will be hosted by the Episcopal Conference of Malawi. Zambia hosted the 16th Plenary Assembly in 2008. Plenary Assemblies take place every three years and bring together over 250 Bishops of the AMECEA region.
AMECEA is the acronym for Association of Member Episcopal Conferences in Eastern Africa It is a Catholic organization of Catholic Bishops of the eight countries in Eastern, Central and Southern Europe, namely, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Djibouti and Somalia are affiliate members.
(CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/08/2013)
- 2014-04-03 - Montfort Media and Luntha TV: two important missionary voices
- 2014-02-06 - Valentine's Day: occasion to raise funds for the 18th Plenary Assembly of AMECEA
- 2013-11-23 - Corruption Scandal: "Speedy prosecutions to regain the trust of donors" asks the Church
- 2013-09-26 - Conclusion of the 13th Plenary Assembly of the Biblical Centre for Africa and Madagascar
- 2013-08-13 - AMECEA: Plenary Assembly 2014 in Lilongwe
- 2013-02-25 - Rich 20% of population silent to plight of 80% poor
- 2013-01-30 - Funding for AIDS drugs have halved while the Country must cope with flood damage
- 2013-01-16 - There is lack of food, water and health care for the people affected by the floods
- 2012-12-03 - New food crisis in Malawi, denounces a missionary
- 2012-09-26 - The Plenary Assembly of Bishops has begun: Year of Faith and Africae Munus are the focus of the Assembly