AFRICA/MALAWI - AMECEA: Plenary Assembly 2014 in Lilongwe
Lilongwe (Agenzia Fides) - The 18th AMECEA Plenary Assembly will take place in Malawi, Lilongwe from 16 to 26 July 2014. The theme of the Plenary Assembly is "New Evangelization through true conversion and witnessing to Christian faith".
This means the 18th Plenary Assembly will this time will be hosted by the Episcopal Conference of Malawi. Zambia hosted the 16th Plenary Assembly in 2008. Plenary Assemblies take place every three years and bring together over 250 Bishops of the AMECEA region.
AMECEA is the acronym for Association of Member Episcopal Conferences in Eastern Africa It is a Catholic organization of Catholic Bishops of the eight countries in Eastern, Central and Southern Africa, namely, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Djibouti and Somalia are affiliate members.
(CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/08/2013)
- 2015-02-25 - Towards a more "human" prison system
- 2015-01-30 - The story of a missionary: Malawi on its knees due to the damage caused by cyclones
- 2015-01-26 - Cholera, hunger, diseases: new threats for thousands of flood victims in Malawi and Mozambique
- 2015-01-22 - "Mgr. Zuza was a person of great courage", says a missionary
- 2015-01-17 - Mgr. Mukasa Zuza dies in a car accident
- 2014-12-29 - "A sad and uncertain Christmas", says a missionary
- 2014-12-10 - Appeal of "Justice and Peace" to international donors: "Do not abandon us in time of need"
- 2014-12-06 - “Corruption scandal consequences ever more serious” missionary says
- 2014-12-03 - AFRICA/MALAWI – The dream of a nation free of the nightmare of AIDS
- 2014-11-12 - "People are dying due to lack of medicine, external aid blocked because of Cashgate": alarm launched by the President of the Episcopal Conference