AFRICA/MALAWI - AMECEA: Plenary Assembly 2014 in Lilongwe
Lilongwe (Agenzia Fides) - The 18th AMECEA Plenary Assembly will take place in Malawi, Lilongwe from 16 to 26 July 2014. The theme of the Plenary Assembly is "New Evangelization through true conversion and witnessing to Christian faith".
This means the 18th Plenary Assembly will this time will be hosted by the Episcopal Conference of Malawi. Zambia hosted the 16th Plenary Assembly in 2008. Plenary Assemblies take place every three years and bring together over 250 Bishops of the AMECEA region.
AMECEA is the acronym for Association of Member Episcopal Conferences in Eastern Africa It is a Catholic organization of Catholic Bishops of the eight countries in Eastern, Central and Southern Africa, namely, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Djibouti and Somalia are affiliate members.
(CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/08/2013)
- 2014-11-12 - "People are dying due to lack of medicine, external aid blocked because of Cashgate": alarm launched by the President of the Episcopal Conference
- 2014-11-10 - "Without outside help the Country is collapsing", says a missionary
- 2014-09-23 - A "creative" finance act, while 640,000 people are at risk of hunger
- 2014-08-04 - The Bishops of Eastern Africa: "The threat to the family in our region is now more real than ever"
- 2014-07-16 - More than 250 Bishops from East Africa at the Assembly on new evangelization
- 2014-06-27 - Politics restarts a month after the election; "Transition towards normality is not easy", says a missionary
- 2014-05-31 - Malawi has a new President
- 2014-05-26 - Elections contested: the only thing certain are the irregularities and suspicions of fraud
- 2014-05-22 - Disorganization disturbs the conduct of the elections
- 2014-05-20 - "The most uncertain elections in the last 20 years, but democracy is a fact accepted by all", says a missionary