AMERICA/MEXICO - 60% of working children leave school
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - In Mexico, 60% of the 3 million working children leave school. According to the statistics of the Inclusion Laboral de la Secretaría del Trabajo y Previsión Social (STPS) this corresponds to more than 1.8 million children. Among the proposals put forward during the IV International Meeting Against Child Labour, is a bill to increase the age in which one can begin to work and so allow children to finish at least secondary school. Children who start work early reduce their perspective of personal and family development. Instead, sending them to school allows them to increase the chances of improving their living conditions. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 05/08/2013)
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration