AMERICA/MEXICO - 60% of working children leave school
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - In Mexico, 60% of the 3 million working children leave school. According to the statistics of the Inclusion Laboral de la Secretaría del Trabajo y Previsión Social (STPS) this corresponds to more than 1.8 million children. Among the proposals put forward during the IV International Meeting Against Child Labour, is a bill to increase the age in which one can begin to work and so allow children to finish at least secondary school. Children who start work early reduce their perspective of personal and family development. Instead, sending them to school allows them to increase the chances of improving their living conditions. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 05/08/2013)
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination
- 2015-05-13 - Tarahumara children sleep in schools so they are not forced to walk five hours
- 2015-05-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – When will violence be stopped?
- 2015-05-11 - Mgr. Armendáriz to candidates: "We want proposals rather than promises"
- 2015-05-06 - The monumental image of the "Cristo de las Noas" will be donated to the diocese of Torreon
- 2015-04-30 - Toys, sweets, clothes, shoes: collection in favor of the more vulnerable indigenous children
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States