AMERICA/MEXICO - 60% of working children leave school
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - In Mexico, 60% of the 3 million working children leave school. According to the statistics of the Inclusion Laboral de la Secretaría del Trabajo y Previsión Social (STPS) this corresponds to more than 1.8 million children. Among the proposals put forward during the IV International Meeting Against Child Labour, is a bill to increase the age in which one can begin to work and so allow children to finish at least secondary school. Children who start work early reduce their perspective of personal and family development. Instead, sending them to school allows them to increase the chances of improving their living conditions. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 05/08/2013)
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"
- 2014-10-21 - When you do not respect the right of even one person, it jeopardizes the right of all
- 2014-10-21 - 2000 children have been killed or maimed between 2006 and 2014
- 2014-10-15 - "Never accept violence as a solution", warns Mgr. Lona Reyes who proposes a prayer campaign
- 2014-10-14 - Bishops on the Iguala case: "clarify what happened, the truth is the path to justice"
- 2014-10-10 - The tragedy of Iguala and its consequences: a letter from the Archbishop of Acapulco
- 2014-10-09 - Corrupt policemen and climate of mistrust, the Bishop of La Paz denounces the silence of the authorities
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction