AMERICA/MEXICO - 60% of working children leave school
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - In Mexico, 60% of the 3 million working children leave school. According to the statistics of the Inclusion Laboral de la Secretaría del Trabajo y Previsión Social (STPS) this corresponds to more than 1.8 million children. Among the proposals put forward during the IV International Meeting Against Child Labour, is a bill to increase the age in which one can begin to work and so allow children to finish at least secondary school. Children who start work early reduce their perspective of personal and family development. Instead, sending them to school allows them to increase the chances of improving their living conditions. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 05/08/2013)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"