AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "Aim for the common good, attentive towards those who seek wealth or power": an invitation to reflect on national holiday
La Paz (Agenzia Fides) – The Archbishop of La Paz, His Exc. Mgr. Edmundo Abastoflor, in his homily during the Mass celebrated in the Cathedral yesterday, Sunday, August 4, on the occasion of the celebrations for the 188th anniversary of the constitution of Bolivia called on Bolivians not to be fooled by people who do not seek the progress of the country.
In the note sent to Fides Agency the Archbishop said: "We are preparing to celebrate the national holiday on August 6, the date in which our Bolivia was founded as a country. The word of God reminds us that what belongs to everyone, is for everyone. Our country seeks to advance, improve, move forward. Among us there are people who seek to have greater wealth or power, in order to dominate others". Mgr. Abastoflor also recalled that the Christian attitude is marked by an understanding of others, commitment to the common good and not to create conflicts.
The Archbishop of La Paz pointed out that Bolivia is a country different from others, where there are so many peoples, cultures, languages: this should really help Bolivians to live as brothers and sisters and learn from every people": its costumes and its ways of expression, so as to build together the foundation for peace and to give glory to God". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/08/2013)
- 2014-10-24 - 50% of children who are born with Chagas' disease do not receive any medical care
- 2014-10-11 - Mission Month: schools in Sucre also go on missions
- 2014-10-02 - The priority for the Auxiliary Bishop of Reyes: "Working to be a single Christian community"
- 2014-09-04 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Catholic Bishops of Bolivia and Peru take communications course “For a culture of encounter”
- 2014-08-05 - National holiday: the Church hopes for unity and peace, in view of the forthcoming elections
- 2014-08-04 - Prevention to fight against the new phenomenon of 'micro-trafficking' of drugs
- 2014-07-10 - Insults and defamation: a campaign that has no political agenda
- 2014-06-18 - Conclusion of the G77 + China, the Church hopes for commitment in favor of the poor
- 2014-06-16 - Formation on values to combat violence and bullying
- 2014-05-26 - Meeting with the candidates: an initiative of the Church for the October elections