AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "Aim for the common good, attentive towards those who seek wealth or power": an invitation to reflect on national holiday
La Paz (Agenzia Fides) – The Archbishop of La Paz, His Exc. Mgr. Edmundo Abastoflor, in his homily during the Mass celebrated in the Cathedral yesterday, Sunday, August 4, on the occasion of the celebrations for the 188th anniversary of the constitution of Bolivia called on Bolivians not to be fooled by people who do not seek the progress of the country.
In the note sent to Fides Agency the Archbishop said: "We are preparing to celebrate the national holiday on August 6, the date in which our Bolivia was founded as a country. The word of God reminds us that what belongs to everyone, is for everyone. Our country seeks to advance, improve, move forward. Among us there are people who seek to have greater wealth or power, in order to dominate others". Mgr. Abastoflor also recalled that the Christian attitude is marked by an understanding of others, commitment to the common good and not to create conflicts.
The Archbishop of La Paz pointed out that Bolivia is a country different from others, where there are so many peoples, cultures, languages: this should really help Bolivians to live as brothers and sisters and learn from every people": its costumes and its ways of expression, so as to build together the foundation for peace and to give glory to God". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/08/2013)
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"
- 2014-03-27 - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
- 2014-03-17 - Heavy rains have caused deaths and injuries in the Beni area, the lack of food is worrying
- 2014-02-28 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Flood stricken native peoples in Beni destitute and starving
- 2014-02-25 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Classrooms under water, 10 toilets and no water for more than 1000 pupils
- 2014-01-28 - National Emergency: 6000 homeless families due to rains and floods
- 2014-01-22 - The Andean Countries together for the XIII Regional Meeting of the Youth Ministry
- 2013-12-12 - Cardinal Terrazas urges to "combat violence, not with words, but with actions"
- 2013-12-03 - "We cannot live in fear, we must take the path of peace", says the Archbishop of Santa Cruz