AMERICA/CHILE - A pilot program for street children
Vina del Mar (Agenzia Fides) – To abandon the harsh realities of street life and receive psychosocial support is the experience that 25 children between 5 and 17 years of age were able to live in the municipality of San Antonio, the main Chilean port on the Pacific Ocean in the Valparaíso Region. In October 2012, young children had been placed in a small pilot program of local NGO Cidets, which recovered them from emergency situations. The initiative has had a great impact among the population in order to raise awareness about the reality of people living on the streets, especially when it comes to children who live or spend a lot of time wandering through the streets of the city. Given the success, the NGO has confirmed the program that provides the coverage of 26 minors also for 2013-2014. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 01/08/2013)
- 2015-02-23 - Rudimental bomb explodes near a parish in the capital
- 2015-01-29 - "We have lost a great opportunity": criticism regarding the Law on Education
- 2014-11-19 - Bishops support: "an educational reform for the good of the nation"
- 2014-10-20 - A hundred thousand on a pilgrimage for the family to the shrine of the first Chilean Saint
- 2014-10-03 - Apostolic Vicar of Aysen awarded: "Water is also a problem of sovereignty"
- 2014-06-26 - Wüñol Tripantu, the Mapuche celebration of the rebirth of life
- 2014-06-20 - "Here we are Lord, in the World Cup": special section on the website of the Catholic Bishops' Conference
- 2014-05-30 - AMERICA/CHILE – Local Catholic Church committed to educational reform nation wide
- 2014-05-07 - The decline in vocations to priesthood at the center of the Assembly of Bishops of Chile
- 2014-04-14 - Card. Ezzati’s appeal: Solidarity with the people of Valparaiso after the tragic fire