ASIA/IRAQ - The Chaldean Seminary opens to seminarians of other Catholic Churches
BAGHDAD (Agenzia Fides) - The Chaldean Patriarchal Seminary has decided to accept candidates for priesthood belonging to other Catholic Churches, starting from the Syrian Catholic Church. The news was given by the Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans with a statement sent to Fides Agency. The decision was made on Wednesday, July 24 during a working meeting held at the Patriarchal Curia in Baghdad and presided over by Patriarch Louis Raphael I Sako.
The opening to seminarians from other ecclesial traditions is meant to be a contribution to the cooperation among the local Catholic Churches. Obviously the access of non-Chaldean seminarians will be limited, in order not to create imbalances and to maintain the Chaldean identity of the Patriarchal Seminary. In this regard, all the seminarians will follow the Chaldean liturgical calendar and the times of the prayers of the non-Chaldeans will be determined within the framework of the General Seminary. The opening of the Seminary to non-Chaldean seminarians will begin ad experimentum in the academic year 2013-2014. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 31/07/2013).
- 2015-11-20 - Christian and Muslim leaders in Kurdistan celebrate together the "day of tolerance"
- 2015-11-13 - A kindergarten, a language and professional training center for the displaced
- 2015-11-11 - Large participation in the protest against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-11-09 - Chaldean Patriarch convenes a protest against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-11-05 - Even Christians demonstrate in Erbil against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-10-28 - Parliament rejected the request to change the law on the religious affiliation regarding children
- 2015-10-23 - 400 young Christians take part in Kirkuk Youth Day
- 2015-10-10 - Christians in Erbil protest against corruption, "our neighborhoods are being filled with infamous clubs"
- 2015-10-09 - Two Iraqi sisters go and live among the Christian refugees camped in Erbil
- 2015-10-06 - Iraqi Ministry of Justice: Christian property will be protected