ASIA/IRAQ - The Chaldean Seminary opens to seminarians of other Catholic Churches
BAGHDAD (Agenzia Fides) - The Chaldean Patriarchal Seminary has decided to accept candidates for priesthood belonging to other Catholic Churches, starting from the Syrian Catholic Church. The news was given by the Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans with a statement sent to Fides Agency. The decision was made on Wednesday, July 24 during a working meeting held at the Patriarchal Curia in Baghdad and presided over by Patriarch Louis Raphael I Sako.
The opening to seminarians from other ecclesial traditions is meant to be a contribution to the cooperation among the local Catholic Churches. Obviously the access of non-Chaldean seminarians will be limited, in order not to create imbalances and to maintain the Chaldean identity of the Patriarchal Seminary. In this regard, all the seminarians will follow the Chaldean liturgical calendar and the times of the prayers of the non-Chaldeans will be determined within the framework of the General Seminary. The opening of the Seminary to non-Chaldean seminarians will begin ad experimentum in the academic year 2013-2014. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 31/07/2013).
- 2015-01-29 - US Senators: The United States have to encourage the creation of a province for Christians in the Nineveh Plain
- 2015-01-13 - Chaldean Patriarchate: no "approval" from the Patriarch to the emigration of Christians in Germany and Canada
- 2015-01-09 - ASIA/IRAQ – They refuse to convert to Islam: 10 elderly Christians expelled from Mosul
- 2014-12-23 - In the autonomous region of Kurdistan, Christmas will be a holiday, in solidarity with Christians
- 2014-12-18 - The Islamic State turns the monastery of St. George into a prison, the cross on the dome removed
- 2014-12-17 - Caritas Iraq intensifies aid for 6 thousand refugee families in Dohuk
- 2014-12-16 - The autonomous region of Kurdistan includes Syriac and Armenian among the official languages
- 2014-12-15 - Solidarity towards Christians: the governor of Kirkuk proclaims December 25 a public Holiday
- 2014-12-13 - President Barzani listens to minorities: need to review the composition of the Electoral Commission
- 2014-12-12 - Iraqi Kurdistan: even Christian politicians criticize the composition of the electoral Commission