ASIA/IRAQ - The Chaldean Seminary opens to seminarians of other Catholic Churches
BAGHDAD (Agenzia Fides) - The Chaldean Patriarchal Seminary has decided to accept candidates for priesthood belonging to other Catholic Churches, starting from the Syrian Catholic Church. The news was given by the Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans with a statement sent to Fides Agency. The decision was made on Wednesday, July 24 during a working meeting held at the Patriarchal Curia in Baghdad and presided over by Patriarch Louis Raphael I Sako.
The opening to seminarians from other ecclesial traditions is meant to be a contribution to the cooperation among the local Catholic Churches. Obviously the access of non-Chaldean seminarians will be limited, in order not to create imbalances and to maintain the Chaldean identity of the Patriarchal Seminary. In this regard, all the seminarians will follow the Chaldean liturgical calendar and the times of the prayers of the non-Chaldeans will be determined within the framework of the General Seminary. The opening of the Seminary to non-Chaldean seminarians will begin ad experimentum in the academic year 2013-2014. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 31/07/2013).
- 2015-02-24 - ASIA/IRAQ – Courses to start soon at Erbil Catholic University
- 2015-02-18 - Chaldean Patriarch urges Muslims: Join us in our Lenten fast to obtain the gift of peace
- 2015-02-16 - In Mosul jihadist “patrols” ban Saint Valentine
- 2015-02-12 - The Chaldean Archbishop of Kirkuk promotes a blood drive for the victims of terrorism
- 2015-02-09 - Synod of Chaldean Bishops: join forces to liberate the lands occupied by jihadists
- 2015-02-05 - The Chaldean Patriarchate: reports on the execution of a priest in Mosul are unfounded
- 2015-01-29 - US Senators: The United States have to encourage the creation of a province for Christians in the Nineveh Plain
- 2015-01-13 - Chaldean Patriarchate: no "approval" from the Patriarch to the emigration of Christians in Germany and Canada
- 2015-01-09 - ASIA/IRAQ – They refuse to convert to Islam: 10 elderly Christians expelled from Mosul
- 2014-12-23 - In the autonomous region of Kurdistan, Christmas will be a holiday, in solidarity with Christians