ASIA/IRAQ - The Chaldean Seminary opens to seminarians of other Catholic Churches
BAGHDAD (Agenzia Fides) - The Chaldean Patriarchal Seminary has decided to accept candidates for priesthood belonging to other Catholic Churches, starting from the Syrian Catholic Church. The news was given by the Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans with a statement sent to Fides Agency. The decision was made on Wednesday, July 24 during a working meeting held at the Patriarchal Curia in Baghdad and presided over by Patriarch Louis Raphael I Sako.
The opening to seminarians from other ecclesial traditions is meant to be a contribution to the cooperation among the local Catholic Churches. Obviously the access of non-Chaldean seminarians will be limited, in order not to create imbalances and to maintain the Chaldean identity of the Patriarchal Seminary. In this regard, all the seminarians will follow the Chaldean liturgical calendar and the times of the prayers of the non-Chaldeans will be determined within the framework of the General Seminary. The opening of the Seminary to non-Chaldean seminarians will begin ad experimentum in the academic year 2013-2014. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 31/07/2013).
- 2015-07-23 - Also in Kirkuk expropriation of Christian homes
- 2015-07-22 - The government orders the transfer of the military of the Nineveh Plain to Baghdad; Christian politicians protest
- 2015-07-14 - The Chaldean Church of St. Joseph in Mosul transformed into a mosque
- 2015-07-10 - In Baghdad, Christians kidnapped and killed despite the payment of ransom
- 2015-07-03 - The founding conference of the Chaldean League has concluded
- 2015-07-01 - An international conference in Erbil to found the "League of the Chaldeans"
- 2015-06-18 - Chaldean Patriarch sends a message to Muslims for the start of Ramadan
- 2015-06-13 - Thousands of Christian homes taken by deception
- 2015-06-10 - Chaldean Patriarch: a year after the fall of Mosul, only national reconciliation can save the country
- 2015-05-15 - The Chaldean Patriarch visits Tehran: "The Iranian government supports the people and the government of Iraq"