AMERICA/ARGENTINA - National Day with the concern for the poor
Jujuy (Agenzia Fides) - It is necessary to promote policies aimed "at the development and promotion of people": this was reported by the Bishop of the diocese of Jujuy, His Exc. Mgr. Daniel Fernandez, commenting on the situation of poverty and misery in which the province and the whole country face. On the occasion of the Argentine national Day, celebrated last week, the most important newspaper in the region, "Jujuy al Dia", interviewed Mgr. Fernandez on the main current problems.
The Bishop highlighted among other things: "our concern is to solve the problems related to the poor, that does not mean to give a plate of food today, but how to promote a future for them, working conditions, formation... something that can overcome the conditions of poverty in which people live now, which are sometimes of misery".
The note sent to Fides Agency reports that the Bishop of Jujuy says "we are all involved: those who can give a job must do so, those who can generate resources must do it, anyone who can invest their own money to create jobs should do it, without preferring a policy of speculation". Jujuy, like other places in the interior area of the country, has suffered the difficulties of economic situation more than the Argentine families. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 29/07/2013)
- 2014-12-19 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Bishops: "Working together to build a more fraternal Country"
- 2014-12-17 - Church and government meet again
- 2014-12-11 - Drug and human trafficking: "There are people who have money stained with blood in their pocket"
- 2014-11-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Debate on the mining law, the Bishops ask respect for the environment
- 2014-11-05 - The fight against drugs should be considered a State matter
- 2014-11-04 - Two thousand secondary school teachers gathered for the XII Education Forum
- 2014-10-30 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Drugs: "it is urgent to move from concern to action"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops' spot: where are the children who disappeared during the State terrorism?
- 2014-10-11 - During the debate on drugs, the government also looks at the position of Bishops
- 2014-10-09 - Strong commitment of the Diocese of Quilmes against human trafficking and related crimes