AMERICA/ARGENTINA - National Day with the concern for the poor
Jujuy (Agenzia Fides) - It is necessary to promote policies aimed "at the development and promotion of people": this was reported by the Bishop of the diocese of Jujuy, His Exc. Mgr. Daniel Fernandez, commenting on the situation of poverty and misery in which the province and the whole country face. On the occasion of the Argentine national Day, celebrated last week, the most important newspaper in the region, "Jujuy al Dia", interviewed Mgr. Fernandez on the main current problems.
The Bishop highlighted among other things: "our concern is to solve the problems related to the poor, that does not mean to give a plate of food today, but how to promote a future for them, working conditions, formation... something that can overcome the conditions of poverty in which people live now, which are sometimes of misery".
The note sent to Fides Agency reports that the Bishop of Jujuy says "we are all involved: those who can give a job must do so, those who can generate resources must do it, anyone who can invest their own money to create jobs should do it, without preferring a policy of speculation". Jujuy, like other places in the interior area of the country, has suffered the difficulties of economic situation more than the Argentine families. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 29/07/2013)
- 2015-09-02 - National Biblical campaign on the 50th anniversary of the "Dei Verbum"
- 2015-09-01 - "We cannot accept violence, we have to react": the Archbishop of Cordoba at the funeral of the murdered priest
- 2015-08-31 - Meeting of the PMS of Cone sur: from Ad Gentes to Evangelii Gaudium
- 2015-08-18 - “They steal not only the people’s money but also their hope” Bishop Lozano denounces
- 2015-08-05 - Argentina recalls the murder of Mgr. Angelelli who opposed to dictatorship
- 2015-07-22 - "Bring Christ to families": hundreds of young people on a mission to Goya
- 2015-07-21 - "Mission, a way of life": towards the fourth National Meeting of Missionary Groups
- 2015-07-15 - Nearly 30 percent of Argentines live in a situation of poverty
- 2015-07-10 - The Archbishop of Tucuman denounces: laws that violate the rights and freedom of conscience, attacks against the Church, a climate of fear
- 2015-06-24 - Bishop of Jujuy: "We need the State’s strong support against drugs"