AMERICA/ARGENTINA - National Day with the concern for the poor
Jujuy (Agenzia Fides) - It is necessary to promote policies aimed "at the development and promotion of people": this was reported by the Bishop of the diocese of Jujuy, His Exc. Mgr. Daniel Fernandez, commenting on the situation of poverty and misery in which the province and the whole country face. On the occasion of the Argentine national Day, celebrated last week, the most important newspaper in the region, "Jujuy al Dia", interviewed Mgr. Fernandez on the main current problems.
The Bishop highlighted among other things: "our concern is to solve the problems related to the poor, that does not mean to give a plate of food today, but how to promote a future for them, working conditions, formation... something that can overcome the conditions of poverty in which people live now, which are sometimes of misery".
The note sent to Fides Agency reports that the Bishop of Jujuy says "we are all involved: those who can give a job must do so, those who can generate resources must do it, anyone who can invest their own money to create jobs should do it, without preferring a policy of speculation". Jujuy, like other places in the interior area of the country, has suffered the difficulties of economic situation more than the Argentine families. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 29/07/2013)
- 2015-11-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – For the Bishops: to encourage gambling addiction "is a crime against the poorest"
- 2015-11-25 - New President: the Church hopes stronger solidarity policies for vulnerable sectors
- 2015-11-20 - Thousands occupy houses and land, the Bishop denounces the absence of state authorities
- 2015-11-17 - Family, formation of priests, environmental problems: the topics analyzed by the Bishops
- 2015-11-11 - 140 years ago the first group of Salesian missionaries arrived in Patagonia
- 2015-11-09 - Assembly of Bishops in progress: Eucharistic Congress, family and priestly formation Buenos
- 2015-11-05 - Mining company withdraws from La Rioja: statement of the Bishop and the Deputy Governor
- 2015-11-04 - The request of the diocese to the State: "Do not suspend the subsidies to schools"
- 2015-11-03 - National Day of the Sick, an opportunity aimed to arouse greater sensitivity
- 2015-10-26 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – First stage of Bishop’s beatification process expected to take two years