ASIA/CHINA - The parish of Ling Shou builds a Center for formation of faith
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - A Center for the formation of faith is being built in the parish of Ling Shou, not far from Shi Jia Zhuang, capital of the province of He Bei. According to information collected by Fides Agency, the parish priest, Don Li, pointed out that "it will be not only be at the service of the parish, but it will be a center for formation of faith and evangelization open to the entire area, and also to other districts, with a well organized systematic program, to form a large number of evangelizers. In summary its purpose is to promote evangelization and apply the spirit of the II Vatican Council". To achieve this three-story building, the faithful have become masons, electricians, carpenters ..., they offered bricks and cement, saving about 500,000 yuan (equivalent to 70 thousand euro) on the total expected cost.
The parish of Ling Shuo is a well organized community.
Recently, a library was built with reading rooms "to bring people to faith and to the community, making them participants and protagonists of community life".
Christmas and Easter, and every circumstance are valuable opportunities to strengthen the faith of the faithful. With the start of school holidays, the formation group of boys and girls is carrying out its activities at an intense pace. In previous years, hundreds of young people took part in this initiative, which usually lasts a month, including catechism courses, formation of faith, art and sacred music, in addition to schoolwork. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 26/07/2013)
- 2015-04-17 - Catholic communities towards the Jubilee of Mercy
- 2015-03-24 - The Chinese Catholic community towards Easter
- 2015-03-17 - Even the "24 hours for the Lord" in the Lenten journey of the Chinese Catholics
- 2015-03-10 - The Bishop of Jing Xian highlights the need to give authentic Christian witness
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer
- 2014-12-02 - The Year of Consecrated Life begins: witnesses of hope in the future