ASIA/CHINA - The parish of Ling Shou builds a Center for formation of faith
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - A Center for the formation of faith is being built in the parish of Ling Shou, not far from Shi Jia Zhuang, capital of the province of He Bei. According to information collected by Fides Agency, the parish priest, Don Li, pointed out that "it will be not only be at the service of the parish, but it will be a center for formation of faith and evangelization open to the entire area, and also to other districts, with a well organized systematic program, to form a large number of evangelizers. In summary its purpose is to promote evangelization and apply the spirit of the II Vatican Council". To achieve this three-story building, the faithful have become masons, electricians, carpenters ..., they offered bricks and cement, saving about 500,000 yuan (equivalent to 70 thousand euro) on the total expected cost.
The parish of Ling Shuo is a well organized community.
Recently, a library was built with reading rooms "to bring people to faith and to the community, making them participants and protagonists of community life".
Christmas and Easter, and every circumstance are valuable opportunities to strengthen the faith of the faithful. With the start of school holidays, the formation group of boys and girls is carrying out its activities at an intense pace. In previous years, hundreds of young people took part in this initiative, which usually lasts a month, including catechism courses, formation of faith, art and sacred music, in addition to schoolwork. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 26/07/2013)
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission
- 2014-05-26 - 20 000 baptisms celebrated at Easter in the Catholic community in mainland China
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent
- 2014-03-07 - The women of Zi Gong: active in the Church and in society, following the example of Mary
- 2014-03-04 - ASIA/CHINA – The formation of the laity in view of Lent intensifies
- 2014-02-27 - ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year