AMERICA/MEXICO - "The murder of father Nachito must not go unpunished", said the Archbishop Romo Muñoz
Tijuana (Agenzia Fides) - "The murder of father Nachito must not go unpunished", said the Archbishop of Tijuana, His Exc. Mgr. Rafael Romo Muñoz, after learning the sad news of the death of Father Ignacio Cortez Alvarez, known as "father Nachito", pastor of the church "María Auxiliadora" in Ensenada, in the region of Baja California (see Fides 23/07/2013). The Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Tijuana, which also includes the territory of Tecate and Rosario, is shocked by the news with regards to the violence against the priest.
In the note sent to Fides Agency, Mgr. Rafael Romo Muñoz expresses his intention to speak directly with the responsible of the Public Prosecutor’s office, because "the murder of father Nachito must not go unpunished". He then added: "I do not understand why there is so much violence. Certainly they thought that, after the Sunday Mass, there was money of the offerings in the house. Such crimes cannot go unpunishment".
The Archbishop spoke to the press not only because they personally knew the murdered priest, but also because the Diocese of Ensenada is preparing the ordination of its new Bishop, appointed on 21 May, Mgr. Rafael Valdez Torres, who will be consecrated on 31 this month. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 24/07/2013)
- 2015-01-26 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Central America discuss the issue regarding assistance to migrants
- 2015-01-19 - Bishop of Zacatecas: The closure of mines is everyone’s problem
- 2015-01-17 - "We must stop violent groups", said Bishop Gallardo
- 2015-01-16 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Guerrero appreciate the good will of the army
- 2015-01-16 - The New Testament in Tsotsil language in the pipeline
- 2015-01-14 - Corruption: a serious disease that has infected all
- 2015-01-09 - The priests of Guerrero "continue to preach the Gospel as always" despite threats and blackmail,
- 2015-01-07 - "The jungle law" does not stop theft
- 2015-01-02 - "The street is my family": Christmas season: love for children, youth and marginalized people
- 2014-12-23 - Mexico is the most dangerous country in Latin America where to exercise the priestly ministry