EUROPE/ITALY - A "Missionary Year": 100 years since the arrival of the first Orionini missionaries in Brazil
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - The first missionaries of the "Work of Divine Providence" were sent to Brazil by the founder, Don Orione, a century ago: on December 17, 1913. They left from Genoa and landed at the port of Santos on December 29, 1913, then went by train to Mar de Espanha, in the State of Minas Gerais, on January 2, 1914. "That departure was the first opening of the Congregation beyond the borders of Italy. Today we are present in 32 countries" write, in a joint letter, Sister Maria Mabel Spagnuolo, superior general of the Little Missionary Sisters of Charity (PSMC) and Don Flavio Peloso, superior general of the Sons of Divine Providence (FDP), announcing the celebration of the Orionino Missionary Year, from 20 October 2013 to 8 December 2014.
The beginning of the Missionary Year will take place at the Marian Shrine of Aparecida, in Brazil, during the pilgrimage of all the Don Orione Family in Brazil and at the end of the General Assembly of the Sons of Divine Providence, which will gather a broad representation of religious and laity, all spiritual children of St. Luigi Orione engaged in different fields of apostolate: vocational orientation, religious formation, evangelization, catechesis, missions, ecumenism, the sick, orphans, the elderly, physically and mentally handicapped, popular schools, educational assistance, speakers, youth centers, workers, parishes in poor areas. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 17/07/2013)
- 2014-07-16 - Twelve hours of continuous prayer for peace in the Holy Land
- 2014-07-11 - Bicycles to reach blind children in remote areas of Africa
- 2014-06-28 - A "social audio book" in defense of the Africans with albinism, the last of the last
- 2014-05-23 - EUROPE/ITALY – Beatification of Mario Vergara, PIME martyr and Isidoro Ngei Ko Lat, first Burmese Blessed
- 2014-04-24 - Four young people at the service of the last will talk about their experience on the web
- 2014-03-27 - Campaign to improve diagnosis and treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis
- 2014-03-21 - EUROPE/ITALY – 24 March, Day of Missionary Martyrs: like them, we are all "witnesses" of the Gospel
- 2014-03-07 - A "Missionary Year": 100 years since the arrival of the first Orionini missionaries in Brazil
- 2014-03-05 - Father Lazzaro, "discreet martyr of charity"
- 2014-02-03 - Violence and injustice in the testimonies of the Roman missionaries