EUROPE/ITALY - A "Missionary Year": 100 years since the arrival of the first Orionini missionaries in Brazil
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - The first missionaries of the "Work of Divine Providence" were sent to Brazil by the founder, Don Orione, a century ago: on December 17, 1913. They left from Genoa and landed at the port of Santos on December 29, 1913, then went by train to Mar de Espanha, in the State of Minas Gerais, on January 2, 1914. "That departure was the first opening of the Congregation beyond the borders of Italy. Today we are present in 32 countries" write, in a joint letter, Sister Maria Mabel Spagnuolo, superior general of the Little Missionary Sisters of Charity (PSMC) and Don Flavio Peloso, superior general of the Sons of Divine Providence (FDP), announcing the celebration of the Orionino Missionary Year, from 20 October 2013 to 8 December 2014.
The beginning of the Missionary Year will take place at the Marian Shrine of Aparecida, in Brazil, during the pilgrimage of all the Don Orione Family in Brazil and at the end of the General Assembly of the Sons of Divine Providence, which will gather a broad representation of religious and laity, all spiritual children of St. Luigi Orione engaged in different fields of apostolate: vocational orientation, religious formation, evangelization, catechesis, missions, ecumenism, the sick, orphans, the elderly, physically and mentally handicapped, popular schools, educational assistance, speakers, youth centers, workers, parishes in poor areas. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 17/07/2013)
- 2013-12-03 EUROPE/ITALY – Mgr. Melchior de Marion Brésillac, from India to Africa to carry out "nothing but the will of God"
- 2013-11-26 EUROPE/ITALY - Conclusion of the diocesan phase of the beatification process of Luisa Guidotti Mistrali, missionary doctor, killed in Rhodesia
- 2013-11-22 EUROPE/ITALY - "DROP by DROP": to ensure clean water to children in Rwanda
- 2013-11-21 EUROPE/ITALY - In Rome, a prayer vigil for peace in Syria and the release of the hostages
- 2013-11-20 EUROPE/ITALY - International Children’s day and the World Day of Prayer and Action for Children, and Youth in the World
- 2013-11-15 EUROPE/ITALY - Two centuries after the Reconstitution of the Society, the Jesuits look at the universal mission
- 2013-11-11 EUROPE/ITALY - "First mothers and children": to double in five years the number of assisted births
- 2013-10-30 EUROPE/ITALY - "Help for the end of the earth": a new mobile health auxiliary in the archipelago of the Solomon Islands
- 2013-09-27 EUROPE/ITALY - In the footsteps of St. Camillus: the sick are architects and protagonists of evangelization
- 2013-09-06 EUROPE/ITALY - Doctors with Africa Cuamm welcome Pope Francis’ appeal for peace