AMERICA/PERU - A radio: 55 years at the service of evangelization
Puno (Agenzia Fides) - "Radio Onda Azul" is a means of communication that supports the missionary work of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Puno in Peru and works to promote the presence of the Christian message in the media in order to fulfill a mission of evangelization, especially of the poor and marginalized. Today, the local Church reports to Fides that it is an instrument of vital importance.
On May 13, 1958 "Radio Onda Azul" started its official broadcasting. The Diocese of Puno ruled that Radio Onda Azul, could help in the proclamation of the Gospel, because the testimony of Jesus Christ is the path for communion with the weakest.
This radio, among its main activities, produces informational programs that contribute to the local development process. It has become over the years, a fundamental guide for the population for the main activities carried out in the field of human development, at a local, regional and national level.
As a Catholic radio station, it also produces educational programs in Aymara, Quechua and Spanish for the people who are listening and who are in the north, center and south of the department of Puno. It also offers music programs for children, who have their own specific newsletter.
In the Andes, the radio continues to be the most popular media and is able to enter every house, even those who are in the most remote areas. With its newsletters and its news, it is also one of the sources of Fides Agency for the activities and events that affect the populations of the Andean cordillera. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/07/2013)
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking