AMERICA/PERU - A radio: 55 years at the service of evangelization
Puno (Agenzia Fides) - "Radio Onda Azul" is a means of communication that supports the missionary work of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Puno in Peru and works to promote the presence of the Christian message in the media in order to fulfill a mission of evangelization, especially of the poor and marginalized. Today, the local Church reports to Fides that it is an instrument of vital importance.
On May 13, 1958 "Radio Onda Azul" started its official broadcasting. The Diocese of Puno ruled that Radio Onda Azul, could help in the proclamation of the Gospel, because the testimony of Jesus Christ is the path for communion with the weakest.
This radio, among its main activities, produces informational programs that contribute to the local development process. It has become over the years, a fundamental guide for the population for the main activities carried out in the field of human development, at a local, regional and national level.
As a Catholic radio station, it also produces educational programs in Aymara, Quechua and Spanish for the people who are listening and who are in the north, center and south of the department of Puno. It also offers music programs for children, who have their own specific newsletter.
In the Andes, the radio continues to be the most popular media and is able to enter every house, even those who are in the most remote areas. With its newsletters and its news, it is also one of the sources of Fides Agency for the activities and events that affect the populations of the Andean cordillera. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/07/2013)
- 2013-11-07 AMERICA/PERU - Exclusion and discrimination, but also struggle and resistance for indigenous women around the world
- 2013-10-28 AMERICA/PERU - 5,000 malnourished children in the province of Santa
- 2013-10-25 AMERICA/PERU - In one year children working and living on the streets have increased by 200%
- 2013-10-15 AMERICA/PERU - Also the indigenous children Kukama took part in the "TINKUY 2013"
- 2013-10-15 AMERICA/PERU - "I am not afraid of prisoners, but of those who are out on the loose and should be inside": the Bishop of Chimbote against violence
- 2013-10-14 AMERICA/PERU - Peruvian Migrants' Day, October - month of the Lord of Miracles
- 2013-10-09 AMERICA/PERU - The prisoners march for peace in Chimbote, the Bishop is present
- 2013-10-04 AMERICA/PERU - "Share your faith ... and also your bread": missionary month in the sign of the Year of Faith
- 2013-10-02 AMERICA/PERU - Children and women exploited in sweatshops in the Amazon
- 2013-09-25 AMERICA/PERU - Two thousand victims rescued from human trafficking, 42% are minors