AMERICA/PERU - A radio: 55 years at the service of evangelization
Puno (Agenzia Fides) - "Radio Onda Azul" is a means of communication that supports the missionary work of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Puno in Peru and works to promote the presence of the Christian message in the media in order to fulfill a mission of evangelization, especially of the poor and marginalized. Today, the local Church reports to Fides that it is an instrument of vital importance.
On May 13, 1958 "Radio Onda Azul" started its official broadcasting. The Diocese of Puno ruled that Radio Onda Azul, could help in the proclamation of the Gospel, because the testimony of Jesus Christ is the path for communion with the weakest.
This radio, among its main activities, produces informational programs that contribute to the local development process. It has become over the years, a fundamental guide for the population for the main activities carried out in the field of human development, at a local, regional and national level.
As a Catholic radio station, it also produces educational programs in Aymara, Quechua and Spanish for the people who are listening and who are in the north, center and south of the department of Puno. It also offers music programs for children, who have their own specific newsletter.
In the Andes, the radio continues to be the most popular media and is able to enter every house, even those who are in the most remote areas. With its newsletters and its news, it is also one of the sources of Fides Agency for the activities and events that affect the populations of the Andean cordillera. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/07/2013)
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth
- 2014-09-23 - "Gold fever" increases human trafficking and sexual exploitation
- 2014-09-19 - The activist who fought for the Amazonian forest, against the deforestation of his land killed
- 2014-09-10 - “Young people without frontiers”: witnesses and proclaimers of the faith to the world of today
- 2014-09-05 - Elections: Bishops concerned about serious signs of corruption and distrust in politics
- 2014-08-18 - Killed during their missionary work 23 years ago
- 2014-07-26 - 193 years of independent and Catholic life
- 2014-07-07 - The President receives requests to stop the law on therapeutic abortion
- 2014-07-04 - School conditions for poor Ashaninkas children
- 2014-07-02 - Legislation for therapeutic abortion is "immoral, unconstitutional and illegal"