AMERICA/PERU - A radio: 55 years at the service of evangelization
Puno (Agenzia Fides) - "Radio Onda Azul" is a means of communication that supports the missionary work of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Puno in Peru and works to promote the presence of the Christian message in the media in order to fulfill a mission of evangelization, especially of the poor and marginalized. Today, the local Church reports to Fides that it is an instrument of vital importance.
On May 13, 1958 "Radio Onda Azul" started its official broadcasting. The Diocese of Puno ruled that Radio Onda Azul, could help in the proclamation of the Gospel, because the testimony of Jesus Christ is the path for communion with the weakest.
This radio, among its main activities, produces informational programs that contribute to the local development process. It has become over the years, a fundamental guide for the population for the main activities carried out in the field of human development, at a local, regional and national level.
As a Catholic radio station, it also produces educational programs in Aymara, Quechua and Spanish for the people who are listening and who are in the north, center and south of the department of Puno. It also offers music programs for children, who have their own specific newsletter.
In the Andes, the radio continues to be the most popular media and is able to enter every house, even those who are in the most remote areas. With its newsletters and its news, it is also one of the sources of Fides Agency for the activities and events that affect the populations of the Andean cordillera. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/07/2013)
- 2015-05-12 - Bishops call for urgent action and dialogue, "No more violence" for the Tia Maria case
- 2015-04-13 - Many children grow up in prison with their imprisoned mothers
- 2015-04-09 - Children forced to attend classes under trees infested by wasps
- 2015-02-05 - In August, the beatification of three missionaries killed: the first martyrs of the diocese and Peru
- 2015-02-04 - The three missionaries killed in 1991 will be beatified because they were close to the poorest
- 2015-01-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote asks protection for judges: "We are living in fear"
- 2015-01-22 - Mgr. Salvador Piñeiro re-elected President of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-19 - Missionary Father Bachs has died, defender of the right to education of young people in need
- 2014-12-16 - Climate change: Christians in defense of the weak and of their suffering
- 2014-12-13 - Analysis of the socio-cultural impacts of mining and contribution of missionaries