AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Disciples in a multicultural world: IV American Missionary Congress
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - "Missionary disciples of Jesus Christ in a secular and multicultural world": this is the title of the fourth American Missionary Congress (9th Missionary Congress of Latin American) (CAM 4 - Comla 9) to be held in Venezuela from 26 November to 1 December 2013. Convened by the Venezuelan Episcopal Conference, organized by the Pontifical Mission and the Archdiocese of Maracaibo, the Congress will be attended by four thousand missionaries, both in Venezuela and all over the continent.
The note announcing the Congress, sent to Fides, explains the spirit: "The Missionary Congresses are marked by the need to provide missionary forces of the continent a favorable space to share and promote reflection, spirituality and missionary experiences. Their purpose is to renew the necessary and permanent commitment of the Church in Latin America, called to fulfill the mission of the Lord beyond the geographical, cultural and religious differences.
Accordingly, the Commission responsible for preparing the Congress proposes to all the local Churches, in the different countries, an itinerary to deepen the themes of the American Missionary Congress: discipleship, conversion, secularism, multiculturalism and mission ad gentes. Dioceses, communities, associations, religious orders, will discuss these key words in view of the event that will strongly involve all the Churches in Latin America. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/07/2013)
- 2015-03-03 - Classes suspended in the University of Tachira, false accusations made against the Catholic University
- 2015-02-27 - The Bishops: "Stop murderous violence!"
- 2015-02-25 - More violence and protests: 6 dead in six days of demonstrations
- 2015-02-24 - Growing tension in the capital, Cardinal Urosa denounces murder of 3 students
- 2015-02-20 - Police arrest Mayor of Caracas, for Archbishop Lückert “proof of dictatorship ”
- 2015-01-31 - Four churches attacked in Mérida
- 2015-01-30 - Mgr. Parra robbed during a parish meeting: "Money is spent on many things, but not on safety"
- 2015-01-13 - Dialogue to end the crisis: the exhortation of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-12 - Shops are empty: Cardinal Urosa calls on the government to act quickly and urges to remain calm
- 2015-01-08 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Assembly of Bishops: dialogue to end the crisis and the necessity to find agreed solutions