AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Disciples in a multicultural world: IV American Missionary Congress
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - "Missionary disciples of Jesus Christ in a secular and multicultural world": this is the title of the fourth American Missionary Congress (9th Missionary Congress of Latin American) (CAM 4 - Comla 9) to be held in Venezuela from 26 November to 1 December 2013. Convened by the Venezuelan Episcopal Conference, organized by the Pontifical Mission and the Archdiocese of Maracaibo, the Congress will be attended by four thousand missionaries, both in Venezuela and all over the continent.
The note announcing the Congress, sent to Fides, explains the spirit: "The Missionary Congresses are marked by the need to provide missionary forces of the continent a favorable space to share and promote reflection, spirituality and missionary experiences. Their purpose is to renew the necessary and permanent commitment of the Church in Latin America, called to fulfill the mission of the Lord beyond the geographical, cultural and religious differences.
Accordingly, the Commission responsible for preparing the Congress proposes to all the local Churches, in the different countries, an itinerary to deepen the themes of the American Missionary Congress: discipleship, conversion, secularism, multiculturalism and mission ad gentes. Dioceses, communities, associations, religious orders, will discuss these key words in view of the event that will strongly involve all the Churches in Latin America. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/07/2013)
- 2014-04-16 - "The situation of the country does not depend only on a political issue", said Mgr. Parra Sandoval
- 2014-04-14 - Cardinal Urosa invites to find every possible path to solve the serious problems in the country, due to general discomfort
- 2014-04-11 - Pope Francis writes to Venezuelan leaders and opposition ahead of key talks
- 2014-04-08 - Growing concerns about insecurity, while today Maduro meets the opposition
- 2014-04-03 - The Bishops alarm after two months of violence: "Venezuela government seeks 'totalitarian' regime"
- 2014-03-29 - The Holy See "willing and eager" to help Venezuela
- 2014-03-25 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Dialogue is "necessary" to stop violence
- 2014-03-21 - Bishops, missionaries, believers from all over the country: we want peace!
- 2014-03-15 - The Church: stop to the violence in Venezuela
- 2014-03-11 - One cannot stop violence with violence