AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Disciples in a multicultural world: IV American Missionary Congress
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - "Missionary disciples of Jesus Christ in a secular and multicultural world": this is the title of the fourth American Missionary Congress (9th Missionary Congress of Latin American) (CAM 4 - Comla 9) to be held in Venezuela from 26 November to 1 December 2013. Convened by the Venezuelan Episcopal Conference, organized by the Pontifical Mission and the Archdiocese of Maracaibo, the Congress will be attended by four thousand missionaries, both in Venezuela and all over the continent.
The note announcing the Congress, sent to Fides, explains the spirit: "The Missionary Congresses are marked by the need to provide missionary forces of the continent a favorable space to share and promote reflection, spirituality and missionary experiences. Their purpose is to renew the necessary and permanent commitment of the Church in Latin America, called to fulfill the mission of the Lord beyond the geographical, cultural and religious differences.
Accordingly, the Commission responsible for preparing the Congress proposes to all the local Churches, in the different countries, an itinerary to deepen the themes of the American Missionary Congress: discipleship, conversion, secularism, multiculturalism and mission ad gentes. Dioceses, communities, associations, religious orders, will discuss these key words in view of the event that will strongly involve all the Churches in Latin America. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/07/2013)
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found
- 2015-07-20 - Games, songs, dances: a feast to celebrate children
- 2015-07-10 - Catholic Bishops: "The Christian experience must have social consequences"
- 2015-07-07 - Mgr. Padrón: "Corruption, repression, popular discontent characterize the present"
- 2015-07-06 - 35,000 people have been isolated due to floods, other 25,000 at risk
- 2015-06-22 - Hunger strike in 12 states for political prisoners, the Church has been asked to intervene
- 2015-06-19 - "They have our support": Mgr. Conde receives young people on hunger strike and writes to the Pope
- 2015-06-05 - Appeal to the authorities in favor of protesters on hunger strike
- 2015-06-03 - The Church calls on the authorities to respond to the students on hunger strike
- 2015-05-30 - Six young people on hunger strike in a church in Caracas