AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Disciples in a multicultural world: IV American Missionary Congress
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - "Missionary disciples of Jesus Christ in a secular and multicultural world": this is the title of the fourth American Missionary Congress (9th Missionary Congress of Latin American) (CAM 4 - Comla 9) to be held in Venezuela from 26 November to 1 December 2013. Convened by the Venezuelan Episcopal Conference, organized by the Pontifical Mission and the Archdiocese of Maracaibo, the Congress will be attended by four thousand missionaries, both in Venezuela and all over the continent.
The note announcing the Congress, sent to Fides, explains the spirit: "The Missionary Congresses are marked by the need to provide missionary forces of the continent a favorable space to share and promote reflection, spirituality and missionary experiences. Their purpose is to renew the necessary and permanent commitment of the Church in Latin America, called to fulfill the mission of the Lord beyond the geographical, cultural and religious differences.
Accordingly, the Commission responsible for preparing the Congress proposes to all the local Churches, in the different countries, an itinerary to deepen the themes of the American Missionary Congress: discipleship, conversion, secularism, multiculturalism and mission ad gentes. Dioceses, communities, associations, religious orders, will discuss these key words in view of the event that will strongly involve all the Churches in Latin America. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/07/2013)
- 2015-09-22 - The National Assembly of the PMS: solidarity with our brothers in the East
- 2015-09-18 - The National Assembly of Pastoral Care: Renew enthusiasm in evangelization
- 2015-09-17 - Crisis with Colombia: "Governments have not done their best to solve the crisis", said Mgr. Padron
- 2015-09-07 - Poverty and precariousness force people to seek food in the garbage
- 2015-09-01 - The Bishops on the situation of conflict with Colombia: "Human rights are the same for all"
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals
- 2015-08-07 - There are 10,000 participants attending the III Youth National Meeting
- 2015-08-06 - National meeting among the indigenous communities for the protection of human rights
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found