AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Disciples in a multicultural world: IV American Missionary Congress
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - "Missionary disciples of Jesus Christ in a secular and multicultural world": this is the title of the fourth American Missionary Congress (9th Missionary Congress of Latin American) (CAM 4 - Comla 9) to be held in Venezuela from 26 November to 1 December 2013. Convened by the Venezuelan Episcopal Conference, organized by the Pontifical Mission and the Archdiocese of Maracaibo, the Congress will be attended by four thousand missionaries, both in Venezuela and all over the continent.
The note announcing the Congress, sent to Fides, explains the spirit: "The Missionary Congresses are marked by the need to provide missionary forces of the continent a favorable space to share and promote reflection, spirituality and missionary experiences. Their purpose is to renew the necessary and permanent commitment of the Church in Latin America, called to fulfill the mission of the Lord beyond the geographical, cultural and religious differences.
Accordingly, the Commission responsible for preparing the Congress proposes to all the local Churches, in the different countries, an itinerary to deepen the themes of the American Missionary Congress: discipleship, conversion, secularism, multiculturalism and mission ad gentes. Dioceses, communities, associations, religious orders, will discuss these key words in view of the event that will strongly involve all the Churches in Latin America. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/07/2013)
- 2014-12-06 - Poverty, few infrastructures and precarious preventive measures: fertile terrain for Chikungunya virus
- 2014-10-28 - Cardinal Urosa Savino: "Respect for political prisoners"
- 2014-10-21 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – May Saint John Paul II accompany Venezuela in the paths of peace and justice
- 2014-10-01 - "Division is not from God": in march for peace and unity of the country
- 2014-09-30 - Violence in the country does not decrease: a military chaplain killed
- 2014-09-27 - "Do not be afraid of peace" Pope Francis’ letter to Venezuela
- 2014-09-16 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Laity meet apostolic Nuncio, a tradition which encourages the unity of the Church
- 2014-08-12 - "Commit to a missionary cooperation", the V National Missionary Congress has concluded
- 2014-08-06 - The V National Missionary Congress begins
- 2014-07-14 - "Give teachers their salaries": church’s appeal in favor of teachers