ASIA/CHINA - Urbanization, Immigration and Pastoral Care: Seminar of the local Church to respond to the social evolution
Beijing (Agenzia Fides) - Urbanization and internal immigration have become the most pressing challenges for the pastoral care of the Catholic Church in mainland China. With this awareness and sensitivity, the local church has mobilized to respond to this phenomenon. For this reason, the Faith Institute for Cultural Studies has organized a Seminar under the theme "Urbanization, Immigration and Pastoral Care" to be held from September 10 to 12 in Shi Jia Zhuang, the capital of He Bei province, a stronghold of Catholicism in China, which has many martyrs.
According to the Head of the Institute, "in the current social context, the Catholic Church and Christians in general are inevitably involved in the phenomenon of urbanization and immigration. In fact, in recent years many Catholics have moved to cities from the countryside or from one city to another, causing a number of problems and challenges to pastoral care and evangelization. How do the Church, parish communities and grassroots communities have to face with the situation in the light of faith, and especially the Social Teaching of the Church? There are ongoing experiences and models of other churches, such as those of the Chinese diaspora, we can adopt and adapt to our environment. The Seminar aims at studying and offering guidelines to put in place adequate pastoral care". (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 15/07/2013)
- 2013-11-25 ASIA/CHINA - The Sisters of the Diocese of Su Zhou end the Year of Faith with a pilgrimage
- 2013-11-21 ASIA/CHINA - Course on faith formation for 90 catechists of Si Chuan province
- 2013-11-18 ASIA/CHINA - Closing of the Year of Faith in the diocese of Yi Bin with a commitment to continue to spread Lumen Fidei
- 2013-11-13 ASIA/CHINA - Mourning in the Episcopate
- 2013-11-08 ASIA/CHINA – To leave the congregation to go to the suburbs: bicycle pilgrimage for 37 nuns
- 2013-11-06 ASIA/CHINA - "Special" pilgrims in the parish of Yi Xing Fu
- 2013-10-31 ASIA/CHINA - Faith and service to people with mental disabilities: a parallel and complementary path for Huiling
- 2013-10-24 ASIA/CHINA - "Let us run for the poor" at the Beijing Marathon 2013
- 2013-10-10 ASIA/CHINA - "Faith is the happiness that God has given us"
- 2013-10-08 ASIA/CHINA - "Lumen Fidei enlightens us" Reflections by Mgr. Ma Daqin