ASIA/IRAN - Pastor Asserian released
Tehran (Agenzia Fides) - The Pentecostal pastor Robert Asserian, a member of the Assemblies of God in the Iranian capital was released on bail. The release, which took place on Tuesday, July 2, was reported to Fides by the organization "Middle East Concern" (MEC). The Christian leader was arrested on May 21 while leading a prayer meeting. His house had been searched and his computer and his books were confiscated.
According to reports by "Middle East Concern" to Fides, in Iran also legally recognized Christian communities are put under pressure to stop the use of Farsi language in their prayer meetings and religious celebrations. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 05/07/2013).
- 2015-11-13 - Executions: appeal for a moratorium
- 2015-11-12 - Religious minorities in Iran: there are those who exploit religious freedom to attack our Country
- 2015-07-15 - National Director of PMS: "We give thanks to Christ for the nuclear deal"
- 2015-03-10 - Iranian MPs are preparing to commemorate the Armenian Genocide
- 2015-02-18 - President Rohani: massacre of Copts: now, whoever funds these jihadists must be made to beg for pardon
- 2014-12-29 - Iranian aid convoys for Iraqi Christians ready to leave
- 2014-10-21 - Three evangelical Christians sentenced to six years imprisonment
- 2014-09-06 - Converts to Christianity still risk capital charges
- 2014-04-02 - ASIA/IRAN – Iranian Christian prisoner goes on hunger strike
- 2014-03-05 - A Christian Pastor released on bail