ASIA/IRAN - Pastor Asserian released
Tehran (Agenzia Fides) - The Pentecostal pastor Robert Asserian, a member of the Assemblies of God in the Iranian capital was released on bail. The release, which took place on Tuesday, July 2, was reported to Fides by the organization "Middle East Concern" (MEC). The Christian leader was arrested on May 21 while leading a prayer meeting. His house had been searched and his computer and his books were confiscated.
According to reports by "Middle East Concern" to Fides, in Iran also legally recognized Christian communities are put under pressure to stop the use of Farsi language in their prayer meetings and religious celebrations. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 05/07/2013).
- 2014-03-05 ASIA/IRAN - A Christian Pastor released on bail
- 2014-01-30 ASIA/IRAN - A Christian, in prison because "converted", has been released
- 2014-01-14 ASIA/IRAN - Christians arrested in "house churches" at New Year and during the Christmas period
- 2013-12-03 ASIA/IRAN - After the nuclear agreement, it is urgent to look at human rights in Iran
- 2013-11-09 ASIA/IRAN - A Christian Iranian; rigorous imprisonment for a Pastor arrested unjustly
- 2013-11-08 ASIA/IRAN - President Rohani: Iran and the Holy See together in the fight against extremism
- 2013-11-04 ASIA/IRAN - Christians whipped: judgment accomplished for Eucharistic wine drinkers
- 2013-10-24 ASIA/IRAN - Christians sentenced to 80 lashes for having drunk the Eucharist wine
- 2013-09-19 ASIA/IRAN - Even two Christian women among the prisoners released
- 2013-09-06 ASIA/IRAN - Iranians of different faiths: fasting and prayer in solidarity with the Syrian people