AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Caritas Central Africa partner in a micro-credit project for families affected by the crisis
Bangui (Agenzia Fides) - Caritas Central Africa is a partner of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in a project to grant micro-credit in support of the communities affected by the crisis that the Central African Republic is experiencing.
The program provides small loans to women and young people in the 4th and the 7th district of the capital, Bangui, and the families of IDPs hosted in the 1st and 2nd district of Bangui.
The project aims to facilitate the resumption of activities such as small trades and crafts, allowing beneficiaries to have an income and achieve financial independence.
The ceremonial start of the program was held at the parish Notre Dame d'Afrique in the presence of the UN representative in the Country, Sand James and Fr. Jésus Martial Demele, General Vicar, who represented the Archbishop of Bangui, Mgr. Dieudonné Nzapalainga.
Fr. Demele pointed out that "as a result of recent events, small production units that ensured living to base communities have been destroyed, forcing the population to live in insecurity."
"The poverty in which these people have sunk is at a critical moment and its consequences affect women and children. Our project aims mainly at supporting the latter," concluded the priest.
The Central African Republic lives in a precarious state after the expulsion of President François Bozizé and the arrival of the rebels of the coalition Seleka in the capital, struggling to bring the minimum conditions of safety. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 03/07/2013)
- 2014-08-18 - The Archbishop of Bangui to politicians "stop the suffering of the people as soon as possible"
- 2014-07-17 - Civil society presents a scheme to lead the country out of the crisis
- 2014-07-11 - "Immediate start of the process of disarmament to ensure safety" ask religious leaders and politicians
- 2014-07-09 - 17 people who sought refuge in the area of the Cathedral in Bambari have been killed
- 2014-07-08 - AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA – The Cathedral in Bambari besieged by rebels
- 2014-07-01 - Twelve thousand refugees in the Cathedral of Bambari, the Bishop's appeal to Fides
- 2014-06-30 - "Civil society organizes itself, but authorities do not always help", says a missionary
- 2014-06-12 - The Archbishop of Bangui brings aid to 600 Muslims fleeing violence
- 2014-06-04 - New attacks against medical facilities and teams who work in Ndélé
- 2014-05-30 - The attack on Our Lady of Fatima parish in which a priest was killed was carried out by foreigners