AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Caritas Central Africa partner in a micro-credit project for families affected by the crisis
Bangui (Agenzia Fides) - Caritas Central Africa is a partner of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in a project to grant micro-credit in support of the communities affected by the crisis that the Central African Republic is experiencing.
The program provides small loans to women and young people in the 4th and the 7th district of the capital, Bangui, and the families of IDPs hosted in the 1st and 2nd district of Bangui.
The project aims to facilitate the resumption of activities such as small trades and crafts, allowing beneficiaries to have an income and achieve financial independence.
The ceremonial start of the program was held at the parish Notre Dame d'Afrique in the presence of the UN representative in the Country, Sand James and Fr. Jésus Martial Demele, General Vicar, who represented the Archbishop of Bangui, Mgr. Dieudonné Nzapalainga.
Fr. Demele pointed out that "as a result of recent events, small production units that ensured living to base communities have been destroyed, forcing the population to live in insecurity."
"The poverty in which these people have sunk is at a critical moment and its consequences affect women and children. Our project aims mainly at supporting the latter," concluded the priest.
The Central African Republic lives in a precarious state after the expulsion of President François Bozizé and the arrival of the rebels of the coalition Seleka in the capital, struggling to bring the minimum conditions of safety. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 03/07/2013)
- 2014-03-05 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Imam of Bangui: "If we want peace, we must be impartial and condemn all forms of violence"
- 2014-02-26 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC – Work goes on at Bangui university despite chaos
- 2014-02-24 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC - “churches and mosques must be rid of armed infiltrators”: say the Catholic Archbishop and the Imam of Bangui
- 2014-02-18 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The Anti Balaka are doing more damage than Seleka", says a missionary
- 2014-02-14 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "God exists and God knows"
- 2014-02-10 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Religious leaders’ appeal: "Do not drag religion into political conflict"
- 2014-02-07 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "Christians and Muslims: the same blood, the same language, the same Country"
- 2014-02-04 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The situation in Bouar is a bit calmer although there are reprisals against the Muslims"
- 2014-01-27 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA – Are the Anti Balaka really a "Christian militia"?
- 2014-01-23 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The State has collapsed, UN intervention is needed": appeal of the Archbishop of Bangui and the Imam