AMERICA/HONDURAS - There is a growing gap between rich and poor
Tegucigalpa (Agenzia Fides) - In spite of the economic growth in the country, the gap between rich and poor in Honduras continues to increase. This is what emerges in a recent study by the United Nations Program for Development (UNDP). Official data from the National Statistics Institute (INE) indicate that the total poverty rate in the country increased from 62% to 66% and extreme poverty from 42% to 45% in 2012, compared to 2011. 3.7 million people live in poverty and a total of 5.5 million live in extreme poverty, that is on less than $ 1.25 per day. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 03/07/2013)
- 2015-07-17 - Sexual abuse on children have repercussions in adulthood
- 2015-07-15 - A new ward for children suffering from dengue and chikungunya
- 2015-07-15 - Campaign of the diocese of San Pedro Sula: "An honest man is not corrupt"
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light
- 2015-07-03 - The Bishops offer their support to dialogue for social peace
- 2015-06-27 - The Church: "politics without corruption"
- 2015-05-21 - "With courage and more faith": Danilo Aceituno lived at the service of God and of the Church
- 2015-03-25 - Minors exploited and underpaid
- 2015-03-03 - There are 6000 teachers: one million children do not go to school
- 2015-02-03 - Card. Maradiaga supports the "Plan de la Alianza para la Prosperidad"