VATICAN CITY - Cardinal Filoni meets the faithful of Central Africa
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the CEP, this morning received the Archbishop of Bangui, His Exc. Mgr. Dieudonné Nzapalainga, accompanied by a group of about twenty faithful of the same Ecclesiastical Parish, who came to Rome on the occasion of the imposition of the pallium to the Archbishop mentioned, on June 29 in the Vatican Basilica on the Solemnity of SS. Apostles Peter and Paul.
As reported to Fides, after an interview in private with His Excellency Archbishop, the Cardinal Prefect received the group of faithful, to whom he addressed a word of encouragement for the difficult situation the Church in the Central African Republic is facing after the fall of the regime Bozizé, ensuring the spiritual closeness and solidarity of the entire CEP to the Central African people, and expressing hopes for a future of lasting peace.
Recalling his trip in July 2012 in the Central African Republic, in the course of which four Bishops were consecrated, including the Archbishop of Bangui, the Cardinal Prefect reiterated that the Church of the Central African Republic is at the center of the CEP and that it intends to continue to support its growth and renewal undertaken.
On behalf of the faithful, Mr. Godefroy Mokamanede thanked Holy Father Francis for prayer and thought in favor of the Central African Republic during the Angelus prayer on Saturday June 29. He also expressed gratitude to the Cardinal Prefect for the Audience granted to them. In his speech he intended to give voice to the cry of the people of CAR that is experiencing a real drama of social, political and religious indifference of the international Community, concerned about other interests.
Addressing the faithful present, the Cardinal Prefect assured them that they are not alone. The whole Church is with them. Then urged them to always be peacemakers and builders of justice. In the end, the Prefect gave all of them the Rosary of the Holy Father, asking them to pray to Our Lady of Africa, and to bring the blessing of the Pope and his to all the faithful, who he hopes to see again in the future. (Agenzia Fides 02/07/2013)
- 2015-11-12 - Statement from the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
- 2015-11-03 - Pope's appeal for Central Africa: "put an end to this cycle of violence"
- 2015-10-29 - Cardinal Filoni: Only peace will save the indigenous Christian communities in Mesopotamia
- 2015-10-28 - Appeal from the 5 continents: "The fight against climate change must respect the rights of the poor"
- 2015-10-28 - Urbaniana University: to form men and women capable of becoming bridges of relationships and instruments of mutual understanding
- 2015-10-16 - The Missionary Rosary for World Mission Day and the 50th anniversary of the "Ad Gentes" decree
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins
- 2015-09-15 - Cardinal Filoni on his visit: the enthusiasm of the Church in Bangladesh, the vivacity of the Church in India
- 2015-09-14 - The first blessed in South Africa: Benedict Daswa, family man, killed for the Gospel