ASIA/SYRIA - Military offensive on refugee camps in the north
Aleppo (Agenzia Fides) - The refugee camp in Bab al-Salam was the subject of an air raid by the Syrian Air Force where seven people were seriously injured, including a child. This was reported to Fides Agency by sources of the Time4Life association, that are assisting the refugees in the camp with humanitarian aid.
The raid took place on the night between 25 and 26 June and is the second air attack suffered by the refugee camp in recent weeks. "Our contacts in the camp - warns Mirta Neretti, a voluntary of Time4Life - fear that this is the beginning of an escalation of raid scares implemented by government armed forces also to force refugees to flee freeing the land, in view of the impending offensive of the forces pro-Assad to regain full control of Aleppo. The 17 thousand refugees in the camp, among whom there are 5 thousand children, are completely helpless and exposed to all sorts of violence".
The 1500 tents in the refugee camp of Bab al-Salam rise to eight hundred meters from the border with Turkey. Volunteers reach them by passing from the Turkish town of Kilis. The area is currently under the control of the militia of the rebels. But from Bab al-Salam there is news of troop movements of the government army - assisted by the militia of Hezbollah - even to the other refugee settlement in Atma, where there are 28 thousand refugees. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 01/07/2013).
- 2015-10-02 - Archbishop Hindo " McCain’s disturbing words on anti-Assad rebels armed by the CIA"
- 2015-09-29 - Bishop Abou Khazen: the choices of the West on the Syrian conflict continue to be inconsiderate
- 2015-09-25 - The self-defense "Sotoro" militias shoot each other
- 2015-09-18 - The Marists in Aleppo: there is a risk of getting used to horror
- 2015-09-15 - Four Christians among the victims of the jihadist attack in Hassaké
- 2015-09-08 - Archbishop Hindo: the demands of the jihadists for the release of the Assyrian hostages are more accessible
- 2015-09-04 - Negotiations on the release of father Murad and 270 hostages, Christians and Muslims
- 2015-09-03 - A video and a letter from Father Jacques Murad, the prior of St. Elian kidnapped last May, has been released
- 2015-08-27 - A Syrian television documentary on the Assyrian Genocide projected in the presence of the Syrian Orthodox Patriarch
- 2015-08-26 - Mortar attacks on two churches in Damascus. The Maronite Archbishop: our life is like a game of Russian roulette