ASIA/SYRIA - Military offensive on refugee camps in the north
Aleppo (Agenzia Fides) - The refugee camp in Bab al-Salam was the subject of an air raid by the Syrian Air Force where seven people were seriously injured, including a child. This was reported to Fides Agency by sources of the Time4Life association, that are assisting the refugees in the camp with humanitarian aid.
The raid took place on the night between 25 and 26 June and is the second air attack suffered by the refugee camp in recent weeks. "Our contacts in the camp - warns Mirta Neretti, a voluntary of Time4Life - fear that this is the beginning of an escalation of raid scares implemented by government armed forces also to force refugees to flee freeing the land, in view of the impending offensive of the forces pro-Assad to regain full control of Aleppo. The 17 thousand refugees in the camp, among whom there are 5 thousand children, are completely helpless and exposed to all sorts of violence".
The 1500 tents in the refugee camp of Bab al-Salam rise to eight hundred meters from the border with Turkey. Volunteers reach them by passing from the Turkish town of Kilis. The area is currently under the control of the militia of the rebels. But from Bab al-Salam there is news of troop movements of the government army - assisted by the militia of Hezbollah - even to the other refugee settlement in Atma, where there are 28 thousand refugees. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 01/07/2013).
- 2015-08-27 - A Syrian television documentary on the Assyrian Genocide projected in the presence of the Syrian Orthodox Patriarch
- 2015-08-26 - Mortar attacks on two churches in Damascus. The Maronite Archbishop: our life is like a game of Russian roulette
- 2015-08-05 - The "Water project" for Aleppo to provide water to the martyred Syrian city has concluded
- 2015-07-21 - Archbishop Hindo becomes "almost-mayor" of Hassaké
- 2015-07-20 - Armenians and Kurds fight together against the jihadists in Hassaké
- 2015-07-17 - Archbishop Antiba confirms the kidnapping of Father Antoine Boutros and his collaborator
- 2015-07-16 - A Melkite priest in the Syrian province of al-Suwayda missing. A kidnapping is feared
- 2015-07-07 - Cautious hopes for the release of the Franciscan parish priest taken away by jihadists
- 2015-06-30 - Thousands of Christian families fleeing Hassakè. Archbishop Hindo: jihadists have found support in the local population
- 2015-06-26 - ASIA/SYRIA – Mass escape from Hassaké, attacked by the jihadists of Daesh. Bishop Audo: "the agenda" of the forces is not clear