ASIA/SYRIA - Military offensive on refugee camps in the north
Aleppo (Agenzia Fides) - The refugee camp in Bab al-Salam was the subject of an air raid by the Syrian Air Force where seven people were seriously injured, including a child. This was reported to Fides Agency by sources of the Time4Life association, that are assisting the refugees in the camp with humanitarian aid.
The raid took place on the night between 25 and 26 June and is the second air attack suffered by the refugee camp in recent weeks. "Our contacts in the camp - warns Mirta Neretti, a voluntary of Time4Life - fear that this is the beginning of an escalation of raid scares implemented by government armed forces also to force refugees to flee freeing the land, in view of the impending offensive of the forces pro-Assad to regain full control of Aleppo. The 17 thousand refugees in the camp, among whom there are 5 thousand children, are completely helpless and exposed to all sorts of violence".
The 1500 tents in the refugee camp of Bab al-Salam rise to eight hundred meters from the border with Turkey. Volunteers reach them by passing from the Turkish town of Kilis. The area is currently under the control of the militia of the rebels. But from Bab al-Salam there is news of troop movements of the government army - assisted by the militia of Hezbollah - even to the other refugee settlement in Atma, where there are 28 thousand refugees. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 01/07/2013).
- 2014-12-05 - Melkite Patriarch Grégoire III: al Azhar Conference “fundamental event”. Islamist ideology harms both Christians and Muslims
- 2014-12-01 - Civil war is causing the loss of a generation of children
- 2014-11-15 - 25 Christian families still in Raqqa. Obligation to pay a "protection tax"
- 2014-11-14 - Archbishop Hindo: if the US attack the Syrian army, we will have a second Libya
- 2014-11-12 - Negotiations for a truce in Aleppo. Bishop Abou Khazen: it is only useful if it brings us closer to true peace
- 2014-10-30 - The Catholic Syrian Bishops: if the world wants to help us, stop sending us weapons!
- 2014-10-13 - The five Christians of the Orontes Valley, who were still being held by jihadists, have been released
- 2014-10-10 - Five Christians of the Orontes Valley still held by Islamic jihadists
- 2014-10-09 - Father Jallouf Hanna has been released
- 2014-10-09 - ASIA/SYRIA – The four women abducted along with Father Hanna have been released; no message from the kidnappers